When trying downloading a game, it gets stuck at preparing and then returns 0x00000001 or...

Discus and support When trying downloading a game, it gets stuck at preparing and then returns 0x00000001 or... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I've been trying to install games from the Xbox game pass for weeks now, and I always get the same error: 0x00000001, with no other helping... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Vladimir G. Rania, Aug 27, 2022.

1. When trying downloading a game, it gets stuck at preparing and then returns 0x00000001 or...

Hi,

I've been trying to install games from the Xbox game pass for weeks now, and I always get the same error: 0x00000001, with no other helping detail. Even uninstalling games have become problematic, since it just sits there at "uninstalling" doing nothing. I tried everything in the "Troubleshoot game installations on a Windows device" but nothing worked. I also tried a lot of other sites' solutions, but nothing availed. "sfc /scannow" and "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" run smoothly and without problems. When trying to install games from the Microsoft App Store they get stuck at pending, right before the "Gaming Services". The only solution that comes to mind is reinstalling Windows, but I would prefer not to, obviously.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

:)

Vladimir G. Rania, Aug 27, 2022
  2. Dérek Augusto Win User

When trying downloading a game, it gets stuck at preparing and then returns 0x00000001 or 0x00000000 errors.

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Vladimir, this error relates to the Gaming service program being corrupted.

There are 2 ways to install it.

I will send both in sequence.

Let's try to reinstall and repair it.

Hold Win + I and go to Apps > Apps & Features.

locate Gaming Service and tap the menu button (...).

Advanced Options > Reset.

click Reset and confirm.

Later:

Win + X and select Windows Terminal (Admin).

Enter the command below:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

Wait for it to complete, and then type this other command:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

When it finishes installing, restart your PC and see if the error remains

If it doesn't work out, it's best to do the inbound that way.

Download the Windows ISO from this website.

http://aka.ms/DownloadW10ISO

First download the ISO

Open the ISO image tool, inside there will be a file called SETUP.exe, select update, download it from the cloud and choose "keep game and apps"

It's quite simple, this will update your files, without losing anything.
  3. Vladimir G. Rania Win User

When trying downloading a game, it gets stuck at preparing and then returns 0x00000001 or 0x00000000 errors.

The first solution did not work. When trying to install the Gaming Services this error popped up:
    [​IMG]

so I just skipped and went with the second solution.
    I'm using windows 11, so I downloaded the ISO here, I let it run from the setup.exe and after it finished, everything finally works with no problems. Thank you very much, Dérek!
  4. Tessemi Win User

Ever since Forza horizon 5 switched to the Xbox app for download and updates, it won't download or update.

im sorry. that didn't do the trick either. thanks for the help though. it still gets stuck at "preparing 0%" and then errors. 0x00000001
  5. Latmild Win User

Error code 0x80070424 when trying to install state of decay juggernaut edition

Well, this sort of worked haha, it changed the error: now its stuck at preparing 0% but doesn't throw the previous error code, and instead stays stuck or gives me code 0x00000001.
  6. Ezrovernum Win User

I can't link my twitch account to my Xbox account on PC

This is happening to me too. On top of it, games also get stuck at Preparing 0% when downloading. Please do something.
Thema:

When trying downloading a game, it gets stuck at preparing and then returns 0x00000001 or...

1. When trying downloading a game, it gets stuck at preparing and then returns 0x00000001 or... - Similar Threads - trying downloading game

2. Error Code: 0x801901a0 while trying to download any game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error Code: 0x801901a0 while trying to download any game.: Additionally, Ive tried using both LAN and WiFi to download games yet it still wasn't successful at all. When doing network tests it says that Upload Speed and MTU are unavailable. Although...
  3. when trying to instal gaming services for xbox on my windows 10 pc it will nearly download...

in XBoX on Consoles
    when trying to instal gaming services for xbox on my windows 10 pc it will nearly download...: please can anyone respond with help 35743a80-e07b-480d-bc1e-e87ccf82fd40
  4. Whenever I try to download a game this error happens and for games that i have already...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Whenever I try to download a game this error happens and for games that i have already...: Error 0x80070005 for when i try download (For Celeste and Forza Horizon 4 but im pretty sure this is also a universal) and "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not...
  5. Error Code 0x8007139f when trying to download xbox series x game onto console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error Code 0x8007139f when trying to download xbox series x game onto console: Trying to download (from a disc) Assassin's Creed: Mirage onto my Xbox Series X. Have the correct version of the game but when I try to download it gives the error message 0x8007139f. The help...
  6. I am trying to play the hive ( online game) and it keeps saying “error while downloading...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am trying to play the hive ( online game) and it keeps saying “error while downloading...: It’s on a PlayStation btw not Xbox b19d3f41-d1a4-4116-bc53-b11faead4336
  7. I have game pass ultimate however when i try to download a game on my laptop it asks me to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have game pass ultimate however when i try to download a game on my laptop it asks me to...: as mentioned i have ultimate on an auto renew subscription, previously been able to download on both console and laptop but today when i try to download football manager 2024 - which says included...
  8. Error code 0x80004005 every time I try and download a game from the Xbox app.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code 0x80004005 every time I try and download a game from the Xbox app.: I even fully installed Starfield using my Gamepass and it waited until the very end to decide to not install. No clue why it won't work. It does this on the Microsoft store, too, but shows...
  9. Xbox keeps saying installation stopped when I try and download one specific game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox keeps saying installation stopped when I try and download one specific game.: Xbox keeps saying installation stopped when I try and download one specific game. Everytime I try to download the game it stops before even installing at all and gives me the installation stopped...
  10. weird error when trying to download profile on Xbox 360 games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    weird error when trying to download profile on Xbox 360 games: I’m getting an error on my xbox 360 game when i try to download my profile. I am currently on a xbox one. The error says “can’t connect to Xbox live. select test connection to troubleshoot your...