When the xbox 360 store shuts down will I still be able to update games

Discus and support When the xbox 360 store shuts down will I still be able to update games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; A lot of 360 games require an update as soon as they are put in will this still be possible once the Xbox 360 store closes... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by hunter Tollemache, May 18, 2023.

1. When the xbox 360 store shuts down will I still be able to update games

A lot of 360 games require an update as soon as they are put in will this still be possible once the Xbox 360 store closes

:)

hunter Tollemache, May 18, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

Hi, Hunter. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

You can still download a game along with its latest game updates even if it has been delisted or if the store has been turned down as long as you own or have a license of a game on your account.
  3. Mistress Sara Win User

How will the xbox 360 store shutdown affect backwards compatibility?

Backwards compatible games will still be offered in the store on the Xbox One consoles digitally. The store on the 360 console is what is shutting down.

More on the 360 marketplace shutdown can be found here.
  4. Auswulf Win User

When 360 servers shutting down confirmed?

It's not getting shut down. You will be able to still play your favourite games on the Xbox 360.

A lot of people still play on the Xbox 360 and the backwards compatibility feature on the Xbox One will be using the same servers for the backwards compatible Xbox 360 games.

So you have no need to worry about them shutting down for several years.
  5. Daft Badger Win User

So I'm Canadian am I not important enough to deserve Xbox 360 content?

They haven't shut down any regions store on the 360.

I'm in the U.K. & easily use the store on the xbox 360.

Considering you also need the xbox 360 store to buy backwards compatible games on a xbox one then why would they shut it down?

Zen is correct,your account,billing & actual location must all be the same.
  6. Auswulf Win User

Digital games

When in the future they decide shut down xbox live for the 360, I suggest before they shut down, download your games to your console just to be safe. You can still play them offline and on system link.
Thema:

1. When the xbox 360 store shuts down will I still be able to update games - Similar Threads - 360 store shuts

2. Missing Avatar Outfit (Xbox 360 Avatar Store)

in XboX Insiders
    Missing Avatar Outfit (Xbox 360 Avatar Store): I was told to put this here by Microsoft support, but I'm trying to find a specific Avatar Outfit on 360, called the 'Jack Ryan Avatar Outfit' with a weird blanked out symbol beside it, yet when I...
  3. I want to purchase an xbox 360 game from the xbox store in the browser

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to purchase an xbox 360 game from the xbox store in the browser: I want to purchase an xbox 360 game from the xbox store in the browser, can it be played on xbox 360 or only one or series? 3ec30e8e-bfe2-4844-ba9f-fe196b75f801
  4. Will all 360 games become backwards compatible once the 360 store shuts down?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will all 360 games become backwards compatible once the 360 store shuts down?: I know the 360 store is shutting down in July of next year and I was wondering if all games will become available on Xbox one once the 360 store shuts down? A lot of my favorite games such as...
  5. How will the xbox 360 store shutdown affect backwards compatibility?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How will the xbox 360 store shutdown affect backwards compatibility?: I was wondering how the xbox 360 store will affect my ability to purchase backwards compatible games on the xbox one/series digitally. It's sad to see it go and I don't want it to go but we have...
  6. Once the Microsoft store for the Xbox 360 shuts down will all purchased games still be...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Once the Microsoft store for the Xbox 360 shuts down will all purchased games still be...: I want to purchase armored core for answer on the Xbox 360 I don’t have enough room on my Xbox 360 at the moment to download it my question is when the store shuts down if it is not downloaded...
  7. i want wwe 2k14 xbox 360 verison it was a good game add it back to the store xbox ask wwe...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i want wwe 2k14 xbox 360 verison it was a good game add it back to the store xbox ask wwe...: i want wwe 2k14 xbox 360 verison it was a good game add it back to the store xbox ask wwe 2k can we add the game we all who played the game injoy it. i want it on the xbox series x....
  8. Previous Xbox 360 purchase games from XBox One store unable to download on 360 from store...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Previous Xbox 360 purchase games from XBox One store unable to download on 360 from store...: I have previously purchase Xbox 360 games that I purchased on the Xbox One live store, that I am trying to download on my Xbox 360 and the Xbox 360 game store wants me to pay for them even though...
  9. How do you feel about the xbox 360 store shutting down next year?

in XboX Insiders
    How do you feel about the xbox 360 store shutting down next year?: I personally find it unacceptable. Microsoft is a almost 3 trillion dollar company with unlimited resources. They've said multiple times that games preservation is important to them but dozens of...
  10. If the Xbox 360 store were to shut down, would I still be able to download the full...

in XBoX on Windows
    If the Xbox 360 store were to shut down, would I still be able to download the full...: Hi, I've heard some articles about the Xbox 360 Marketplace shutting down in May of this year, and I was wondering If I could still purchase full versions of demos I downloaded after the store...