When starting up a game TV looses input signal

Discus and support When starting up a game TV looses input signal in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've recently bought a new TV and wanted to try playing some games that support the capabilities of the series x. However when I go to start up a game... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by funnymurderf4ce, Nov 25, 2022.

1. When starting up a game TV looses input signal

I've recently bought a new TV and wanted to try playing some games that support the capabilities of the series x. However when I go to start up a game my TV looses input signal. When I return to the home page the signal returns and all is good. This happens with every game and I've tried hard resetting my console, switching HDMI ports and turning off my TV. Any help is much appreciated.

:)

funnymurderf4ce, Nov 25, 2022
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

The system changes resolutions, possibly to one your TV doesn’t support

what resolution. And refresh rates are you trying to use and what is the model number of your TV?
  3. AridLizard Win User

One X Hanging on startup

this might not be connected, but if I turn on my TV first then the Xbox I don't get a picture but if I turn on the Xbox then the TV I always get the Xbox start-up screen and everything is good.

it could be that having the TV turn on with the Xbox is causing the TV to start momentarily before the Xbox and it isn't finding the signal.

next time it happens, try cycling through the inputs on your TV so that it rechecks the HDMI input for the Xbox. if it is similar to what happens with my TV then it should show your Xbox screen when you get back to that input source.
  4. sevendead Win User

Samsung HDMI Connection

I have two Samsungs and theres a few tricks to try. Sometimes I'll get a No Signal screen until the dashboard loads up (which seems to take longer if I get the No Signal screen), sometimes I'll get the 360 globe splash/start-up screen. I used to have to
    turn the 360 on, select the input and then restart the 360 to get a signal on my older Samsung. My two tvs won't list the HDMI input until the 360 is on as well, I can't even see the HDMI input until the 360 is on.
  5. JCRobertson Win User

3D Blu-ray movies no longer play in 3D mode

Update... I tried playing a 3D movie and like everyone else here, it's only playing in 2D. However, when I switch inputs on my TV to something else and then switch it back to the Xbox input, the 3D signal is picked up by my TV and the movie plays as it
    should -- in 3D.
  6. Epixtactic Win User

Coaxial Splitter question

I'm not a pro but I believe the short answer is no you won't loose packets because you split your signal. Multiple splitters I think would only affect TV's with the analog cable input. But as a general rule every thing has its limitations.
Thema:

1. When starting up a game TV looses input signal - Similar Threads - starting game looses

2. Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...: Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game or navigate the xbox dashboard xbox series x f85ab271-550a-4efe-b42c-9616c1392b7f
  3. Xbox series X screens looks broken and crazy colors when starting HD game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X screens looks broken and crazy colors when starting HD game: I got my Xbox series X about a month or two ago and have had no issues. Today, every time I start a game that has HD enabled, my screen looks cracked with crazy bright colors. I tested non HD...
  4. Series X turning off when starting certain games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X turning off when starting certain games: My Xbox Series X completely shuts down when I try to start certain games. I can watch hours of streaming video with no issues. I can play Hours of Mass Effect 3 with no issues. But when I try to...
  5. I am using cloud gaming and my controller randomly started freezing up and not working for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am using cloud gaming and my controller randomly started freezing up and not working for...: I ran a stick drift test and it has none so it is something to do with cloud gaming. Anyone have any clue on what's going on and how to fix it? d13755ae-ae21-4815-9147-b9d6e76b5e39
  6. Xbox one X - endlessly loading on start up, freezing randomly, very slow, games will not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X - endlessly loading on start up, freezing randomly, very slow, games will not...: My Xbox will sometimes continuously load on the start up screen for 10-20 minutes maybe more or just won’t load at all. After resetting it multiple times and unplugging it will still sometimes do...
  7. why am I not allowed to start games on my series s through my USB hard drive, they charge...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why am I not allowed to start games on my series s through my USB hard drive, they charge...: I got a hard drive in just to test if it would let me install more stuff and it showed 1tb on the storage space thing, I thought it was all set up but apparently I can't play the games by the USB...
  8. Xbox fan just started making clicking noises and becomes worse when gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox fan just started making clicking noises and becomes worse when gaming: I bought my Xbox one x back in December and have been using it moderately, but as I was in the middle of playing palworlds today I noticed a noise that kept getting louder. I checked the vents/fan...
  9. games suddenly started lagging and youtube scroll is very laggy just like the display is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    games suddenly started lagging and youtube scroll is very laggy just like the display is...: So, i bought this Lenovo S145 3 years ago and it was running really well, i installed an 8gb ram and an ssd on this laptop, everything was buttery smooth until one day the laptop suddenly started...
  10. When playing a game the pc shutdown and fan start full power.

in XBoX on Consoles
    When playing a game the pc shutdown and fan start full power.: Hi, I have a problem with my PC when playing quite heavy games. My PC is dead and the fan is very strong, if you want to say my PC is not strong enough, all this time I have been playing IT games...