When sharing your Gold subscription, what are the specific gold benefits you get?

Discus and support When sharing your Gold subscription, what are the specific gold benefits you get? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I set my xbox to the home XBOX my gold subscription is supposedly shared with my kids accounts. What does this include? It seems they (kids) can... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by John-PaulRanaudo, Sep 11, 2018.

1. When sharing your Gold subscription, what are the specific gold benefits you get?

When I set my xbox to the home XBOX my gold subscription is supposedly shared with my kids accounts. What does this include?

It seems they (kids) can play games online but they (kids) cannot purchase games with gold for example.

Can someone clarify?

Thanks!

:)

John-PaulRanaudo, Sep 11, 2018
  2. I cannot get gold live on my console even though my son gas it on his, his being the home xbox

If I got it right, you are using two different consoles to play the same game and that is the issue.

If your son is connected to his own console, the gold sharing is done on that console meaning that other users on that same console can benefit from gold features, but only on that console.

You can use your son gold Subscription on your own console only when your son account is connected to your console sharing gold, which is not possible in this case since he is already connected to his own one.

So with 2 consoles you need 2 separate gold subscriptions.

MRallamagoosa, Sep 11, 2018
  3. XBF Diego M
    XBF Diego M Guest
    Game Sharing Problem

Hey Grimkaos969,

If you are referring to game sharing through the Home Console setting, only accounts that OWN the Gold subscription can benefit from the Games with Gold or Deals with Gold. Your account will need to have an active license for a Gold Subscription to benefit
    from those features. If you were able to access those features before, that was probably because you were paying for a subscription at that time.

The only thing that is "sharable' when it comes sharing with the Home Console setting is purchased game licenses, and online accessibility.

If you'd like more information on that, I suggest going to
    Xbox Customer Support

I hope that clears things up.

XBF Diego M, Sep 11, 2018
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

When sharing your Gold subscription, what are the specific gold benefits you get?

When you share gold the accounts that are sharing the gold get access to online multiplayer. Only the account that purchases the gold gets access to things like gold discounts or games with gold games. However, the games with gold games can be shared once
    downloaded.

Smwutches, Sep 11, 2018
  5. Hi there,

Correct, when you set your home console it allows all users on that console to be able to play your purchased games as well as use your gold subscription. The info can be found

here

Users have to have a gold subscription on their account (not be on a shared gold subscription) in order to benefit from the Games with Gold deals.

Mistress Sara, Sep 11, 2018
  6. LegoNinja187
    LegoNinja187 Guest
    Hello, You are correct, your kids can play online games, but they can not redeem the games with gold, since their account does not have gold.

Your kids will also be able to play any of your digital games on your home Xbox.

Here is the Xbox Live Gold sharing features page.

Hopefully I was of some help.

LegoNinja187, Sep 11, 2018
  7. Arminator
    Arminator Guest
    Technically, since you are sharing the Gold membership to your Home Console (and not other accounts), the kid accounts stay a free silver account, and ONLY get the multiplayer and party benefits that the console grants them, while playing on your Home Console.

For the Xbox online service, the kids accounts appear as a standard free silver account, that are allowed to play multiplayer and do party chats thanks to the Gold sharing on the console.

They will NOT benefit from sales prices or the free Games with Gold.

Arminator, Nov 3, 2018
  8. Arminator Win User

Technically, since you are sharing the Gold membership to your Home Console (and not other accounts), the kid accounts stay a free silver account, and ONLY get the multiplayer and party benefits that the console grants them, while playing on your Home Console.

For the Xbox online service, the kids accounts appear as a standard free silver account, that are allowed to play multiplayer and do party chats thanks to the Gold sharing on the console.

They will NOT benefit from sales prices or the free Games with Gold.
  9. LegoNinja187 Win User

Hello, You are correct, your kids can play online games, but they can not redeem the games with gold, since their account does not have gold.

Your kids will also be able to play any of your digital games on your home Xbox.

Here is the Xbox Live Gold sharing features page.

Hopefully I was of some help.
  10. Mistress Sara Win User

Hi there,

Correct, when you set your home console it allows all users on that console to be able to play your purchased games as well as use your gold subscription. The info can be found

here

Users have to have a gold subscription on their account (not be on a shared gold subscription) in order to benefit from the Games with Gold deals.
  11. Smwutches Win User

When you share gold the accounts that are sharing the gold get access to online multiplayer. Only the account that purchases the gold gets access to things like gold discounts or games with gold games. However, the games with gold games can be shared once
    downloaded.
  12. ArminatorX Win User

Two consoles, one house

And this won't remove the subscription from my son's console, right?
    Subscriptions are tied to the ACCOUNT that bought the subscription.

So your son can go to any console in the world, sign in there, and he will have access to his Gold membership subscription, Game Pass (if applicable) and digital games.

As long as he's signed in on a specific console, that console will also share the Gold membership to anyone playing with him on that console. Even if your son is not actively playing, as long as he is signed online (for example on a second controller), another
    person can play on that console and access his games and benefit from the Gold membership.

The account that owns the subscription, can designate one console as their "Home Console" (or as you call it the "Main console") and will share the Gold to that CONSOLE. Any previous "Home Console" will lose the ability to share Gold and games when your
    son designates a new Home Console.

Your son's account will still keep his Gold membership, and will share it to the designated Home Console, which in turn allows anyone on that console to benefit from your son's games and Subscriptions.

So is there a specific reason why you want to keep your son's console the Home Console? Are you (or someone else besides your son) playing on that console and needs the subscription?

If so, then there is no other way around than to buy a separate Gold membership for your girlfriends kid. Or you'll have to play on that console to benefit from the shared Gold membership after setting the "girlfriend console" as your son's Home Console.
Thema:

1. When sharing your Gold subscription, what are the specific gold benefits you get? - Similar Threads - sharing Gold subscription

2. How do I share xbox live gold online feature with other profiles?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I share xbox live gold online feature with other profiles?: I have xbox live gold on one of the accounts on my xbox, but when I access a different account on the same Xbox I can no longer use the online features. I have already set my home xbox and all the...
  3. xbox gold can’t share with family

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox gold can’t share with family: I have xbox gold and I am the home xbox but one of my family members can’t use xbox live. This is weird because another family member can use it but it won’t share to this certain account. please...
  4. Issue with sharing XBOX live Gold

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issue with sharing XBOX live Gold: Hi, We have an Xbox Live Gold on an XBOX account which also have an XBOX Series X as an Home XBOX. No other users on that XBOX can use the XBOX Live Gold. Tested two different games (Battlefront...
  5. Home Xbox/Xbox gold sharing

in XBoX on Windows
    Home Xbox/Xbox gold sharing: Hello there I'm having Abit of a problem and it is that whenever I try to play like an online game it won't let me even though I own the game and I have my brother's account on my Xbox set to my...
  6. Hi, wondering if anyone can help, how do I share my Xbox gold with my daughter please

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hi, wondering if anyone can help, how do I share my Xbox gold with my daughter please: Hi can someone please tell me how to share Xbox gold with my daughters Xbox please, I thought I had done it but it’s not working please help 36cd80d9-ade0-4def-bea8-33dc682a5c6b
  7. Can my son and I share Gamepass and Ultimate Gold. I understand Game sharing but do we need...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can my son and I share Gamepass and Ultimate Gold. I understand Game sharing but do we need...: Can my son and I share Gamepass and Ultimate Gold. I understand Game sharing but do we need two Ultimate Golds to play with each other? 73b31169-970b-44a1-8bcf-19f52939a9aa
  8. xbox live gold didn’t share with one of my accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox live gold didn’t share with one of my accounts: So I have xbox live gold in one of my accounts on my xbox, but when i set it as my home xbox, it didn’t share with one of the accounts on the xbox. So what can I do to get it on that account?...
  9. Share Gold Membership

in XBoX on Consoles
    Share Gold Membership: I am wanting to add another GT on my Xbox SX but want to know if the gold membership I have would still be accessible to the second GT or if they need one of their own?...
  10. When I share my Xbox game pass ultimate, does the other person also get gold and can play...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When I share my Xbox game pass ultimate, does the other person also get gold and can play...: I recently got ultimate and the series x. Therefore I gifted my buddy my old Xbox one and set my profile on the old Xbox as home console so my buddy gets to use ultimate as Well. The problem is...