When playing Minecraft version 1.8.9, full screen will crash and flash back

Discus and support When playing Minecraft version 1.8.9, full screen will crash and flash back in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I upgraded to Windows 11 today. When I opened the 1.8.9 version of Minecraft, I found that it would crash when I opened the full screen. My Windows 11... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ser_s, Mar 21, 2023.

1. ser_s
    ser_s Guest

I upgraded to Windows 11 today. When I opened the 1.8.9 version of Minecraft, I found that it would crash when I opened the full screen. My Windows 11 is the latest 22H2 version. Is there any solution?

***moved from Windows / Windows 11 / 游戏***

:)

ser_s, Mar 21, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello ser_s,

Thank you for sharing your concern here in Xbox Community Forum and we hope that all is well.

We understand that the crashing issue with Minecraft occurred afte the update of your device to Windows 11. Let us check on this together and sort this out. Rest assured, we will do anything in our capability to assist you with your concern.

For issues on launching games in your PC, here are the troubleshooting steps that we can try.

1. Make sure that all available updates including optional updates were downloaded and installed. To check follow the steps below:

• Press the Start button on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.
    • Select Windows Update.
    • On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates to see if any updates are available including optional updates for your device.
    • Once the updates have downloaded, select Install now to start the installation.
    • Following installation, we recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates can take effect.
    2. Download and install Xbox Console Companion app.

3. Make sure both the Xbox and Gaming Services apps are up to date

• Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app.
    • Select Library.
    • Under Updates & downloads, check if there are any updates available for the Xbox app or Gaming Services app. If an update is available, select Update.

4. Make sure you are signed in to the Xbox app and the Store with the same account.

> To make sure your permissions for the game can be validated, be sure to sign in to both the Store and the Xbox app using the same account that was used to purchase the game.

5. Repair the game

• Open the Xbox app for Windows.
    • In My Library, select the game title.
    • Select the More options (…) button and choose Manage.
    • Select Files and then Verify and repair.
    6. Uninstall and reinstall Gaming Services

• Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
    • In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:
      get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    • In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:
      start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    • Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
    • Restart your device and try to install the game again.

For your reference, see the link below:

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Abdur Rehman1 Win User

Hello.

I'm Getting the Same Issue i Wanna Know if This Works in Windows 10
  4. Tomm_A Win User

Hello,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. GamerRVD666 Win User

Game Keeps On Crashing - Please Can We Have A Fix?

I have the same problem with Powerstar Golf full version, I try almost everything what's suggested in the support but it crashed every time in the caddy screen and when I want to play a course. Very frustrating that I can't play and pay 16 euro for it.
  6. RuchiAgarwal15 Win User

Minecraft Crashing when enabling FULL SCREEN.

have tried em but they do not seem to work pls tell if there is any other way to fix it.
    have heard of power shell, does it work?
    and can u pls explain me how to repair the game?
Thema:

1. When playing Minecraft version 1.8.9, full screen will crash and flash back - Similar Threads - playing Minecraft version

2. Can't play most Minecraft versions at all

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play most Minecraft versions at all: I've been trying to run a 1.18.2 modpack however, after launching I always get error code 1. I thought it might be something wrong with the modpack but I cant even run vanilla 1.18.2. I've tried...
  3. i cant play multiplayer on minecraft latest version and in the older version it says null...

in XBoX Accessibility
    i cant play multiplayer on minecraft latest version and in the older version it says null...: for some reason recently my minecraft account says multiplayer is disabled and ive checked all setting but its still the same i would love if someone can help me regarding this...
  4. Minecraft Bedrock on Windows unable to play or download 1.20 version.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Bedrock on Windows unable to play or download 1.20 version.: I have purchased Minecraft Bedrock on Windows but am unable to play or download 1.20 version. Launcher only picks up the old 1.17 version and everytime I try to download the update and play it...
  5. My son (child account) is unable to play Minecraft (paid version) in multi-player mode

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son (child account) is unable to play Minecraft (paid version) in multi-player mode: Hi there, I have a parent account and added my son as the child account. It is a great way to monitor screen time, web searches, website visits etc. I love it. I also have a M365 account shared...
  6. Why can't I play the full version of "Minecraft For Windows" in my games Library?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play the full version of "Minecraft For Windows" in my games Library?: I bought the Minecraft Edition Xbox One a while back, which included the game of Minecraft, in addition I was able to get Minecraft For Windows as well, so it wasn't an Xbox Game Pass download. A...
  7. My version of Minecraft has turned into a demo and now I can't play.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My version of Minecraft has turned into a demo and now I can't play.: About 4 years ago, my friend bought a Minecraft key from a third-party website and gave me the code to activate it. I played for around 200 hours and achieved all the achievements. Last month,...
  8. I have the disc version of minecraft and ive played it many times before but when i try and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have the disc version of minecraft and ive played it many times before but when i try and...: Idk what to do it keeps saying i need to sign in with who bought it but its the disc version and i was playing the other day and now i can't i even tried taking the disc out and restarting my xbox...
  9. Why can I only play the trial version of Minecraft: Xbox One Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can I only play the trial version of Minecraft: Xbox One Edition: So I played minecraft today and while is was playing I rembered Minecraft Xbox One Edition when me and my brother used to play all the time on our xbox 360 so I checked minecraft xbox one edition...
  10. How do I play the Java version of Minecraft?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I play the Java version of Minecraft?: HELP! I brought Minecraft Java & bedrock version on windows 11. I go into the launcher and it only gives me the option to play the demo of the Java version. If I'm correct didn't they make it so...