When opening a game on my Xbox series S the game would switch to HDR and it would suddenly...

Discus and support When opening a game on my Xbox series S the game would switch to HDR and it would suddenly... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have a Vizio tv and it is more than capable of running an HDR game because it has done it before. Any help would be appreciated! submitted by... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/pmarie203, Jan 15, 2023.

1. /u/pmarie203
    /u/pmarie203 Guest

When opening a game on my Xbox series S the game would switch to HDR and it would suddenly...

I have a Vizio tv and it is more than capable of running an HDR game because it has done it before. Any help would be appreciated!

submitted by /u/pmarie203
    [link] [comments]

/u/pmarie203, Jan 15, 2023
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Will Xbox Series X/S support HDR for 1440p or 1080p monitors that don't accept 4k UHD signals?

Hi,

It would seem so looking at this
    link direct from Dolby
    . And I'm sure the same would apply to HDR 10 as well.

Since the series is designed to be a 1440P (2560x1440) console, it would be a little silly on Microsoft's part to not allow HDR on Series S/X on none 4K displays.

I'm still at a loss as to why they don't allow it now on Xbox One X. There's no technical reason for it's absence, HDR itself isn't reliant on a 4K resolution to function. The monitor I use for my PC is capable of HDR and it works fine at 1440P on my gaming
    PC. My One X doesn't see though.

I'm pretty sure this will change with Series X/S with more and more players opting for gaming monitors with 120Hz refresh rates and freeSync support. 1440P monitors are very popular for cost and performance.
  3. MaWeCo Win User

Series S bad HDR on a 4K TV

Sorry for the late reply. I have my Series S hooked up to my Fire TV in the bedroom and my X hooked up to a TCL S4 series in the living room. Neither one is idea for HDR content. At least not with the Xboxes. I tried my hand with an high end LG TV to see what HDR would look like and while some games looked better than others it was still a mixed bag. Some games will just look awful with HDR on regardless of what TV your playing off of. I really would like to do tests with a PS5 to see if I get similar results.
  4. Lakn Win User

Xbox One X HDR in 1080p

You'll be able to set the output of the Xbox One X to 1080p, and if a game supports HDR then the console will use it, I mean the Xbox One S supports HDR, so no reason why the Xbox One X would only allow it at 4K.
    Thanks, I hope that is the case. The S will not allow HDR unless output is set to 4K. Not to tout the PS4 Pro but it told me my projector would not support HDR in 4K but offered up "2k HDR" as an option. I would hope the X was as elegant.
  5. tru Ponder Win User

Games

Yes I switched over to the series s and the games that were on my Xbox one arent on my series s
  6. JamieWill Win User

Hello Xbox community, this is about Xbox series x/s versions of games!

Because on my Xbox series x, it only shows 'Optimized for series x/s' but if a xbox series x version of a game is NOT 'optimized' how would i know if I'm playing a series x/s version of a game?
Thema:

1. When opening a game on my Xbox series S the game would switch to HDR and it would suddenly... - Similar Threads - opening game series

2. Xbox keeps disconnecting from tv when opening hdr games?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox keeps disconnecting from tv when opening hdr games?: Just went out and bought a 120hz 4k tv with the purpose for gaming, but EVERY game i open immediately forces my tv to say “lost signal” but then i can hit the home button and go back and it...
  3. Game Bar wont open, and I've tried at least 10 methods

in XboX Insiders
    Game Bar wont open, and I've tried at least 10 methods: Game Bar will not open at all, I've tried uninstalling, and reinstalling. Check for updates. Run commands in Powershell. Restarted my computer numerous of times and still nothing. Does anyone...
  4. I can't open xbox game bar

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't open xbox game bar: I am having trouble opening xbox game bar I have tried every method but nothing is working it happened after the recent update if u can help me thank you! It is showing this message sometimes when...
  5. Please help, can't open any games

in XboX Insiders
    Please help, can't open any games: Hi everyone, So my Xbox isn't loading any games.. been doing it for 2 weeks so I did a full reset and all was good... Until 2 days later.. I lost my cool because I can't open anything once again....
  6. Can't open game bar through the shortcut.

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't open game bar through the shortcut.: The shortcut doesn't work. If I restart my pc, it works again for a while but then stops working. Also, I can't change the settings for game bar shortcuts, as soon as I close the tab and reopen it...
  7. My Xbox wont open games I downloaded and I just bought it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox wont open games I downloaded and I just bought it: I tried opening 2k24 that I got off gamepass and the screen goes grey then brings me back to Home Screen does the same thing with Spotify but all the apps that came downloaded work fine...
  8. Xbox Series X/S won't open newly downloaded games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X/S won't open newly downloaded games: Whenever I try to open the game after it is finished downloading it dosen't load and gives me an error message of "____________ took too long to start". How do I resolve this issue?...
  9. Xbox Series X shuts down after opening any game.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X shuts down after opening any game.: My Xbox Series X shut down after opening any game or app. Once I login to my Xbox, I’ll wait 30-60 seconds to open any game or app. Once I open it, the title screen displays, for a few seconds...
  10. Why is my Xbox Series S doing a quick fade to black whenever I try to open a game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my Xbox Series S doing a quick fade to black whenever I try to open a game?: So I just bought a new Xbox Series S and just finished setting it up. Redeemed an Ultimate Pass and installed Among Us to play it. When I tried to open the game for the first time, it worked. But...