When my son tries to play modern warfare 2 it tells him he must purchase the game. But I've...

Discus and support When my son tries to play modern warfare 2 it tells him he must purchase the game. But I've... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have uninstalled and reinstalled three times. All the data packs are there. Campaign. Coop. Multi-player. Warzone2. And a content pack 4. But when... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BenG17, Dec 28, 2022.

1. BenG17
    BenG17 Guest

When my son tries to play modern warfare 2 it tells him he must purchase the game. But I've...

I have uninstalled and reinstalled three times. All the data packs are there. Campaign. Coop. Multi-player. Warzone2. And a content pack 4.

But when he tries to open the game it prompts to purchase and won't go any further. Please advise.

Some are saying the physical copy has glitches on xbox forums.

:)

BenG17, Dec 28, 2022
  2. Surreal Phantom Win User

Online-pass game should lower the price.

[quote user="GUN5L1NGER"]A friend of mine rented Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3 from Blockbuster to try them out before deciding which he was going to purchase. Of course when he tried to play BF3, it hit him up for another $10. MW3 let him play. Guess
    which one he bought?[/quote]

nothing to do with the topic?
  3. ExemptedTurnip4 Win User

Game I Just Opened Doesn't Play On My Xbox Slim?

My son has the same problem. Two days ago, out of the blue, his COD Modern Warfare 2 stopped working. We thought it was the disk, so I went and purchased another COD Modern Warfare....Same thing, says it cannot read disc. However, it still plays all other
    games, and any DVD that he puts into it. It is obvious that its the game.

What else can I try?

Scott
  4. Hanzo Storm Bow Win User

Online-pass game should lower the price.

[quote user="GUN5L1NGER"]

A friend of mine rented Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3 from Blockbuster to try them out before deciding which he was going to purchase. Of course when he tried to play BF3, it hit him up for another $10. MW3 let him play. Guess which one he bought?

[/quote]

Irrelevant as to rather or not he made the right choice for himself, in the end.
  5. XBF Leo G Win User

pre ordered call of duty modern warfare 2/ dose not allow me to share the game with my son

Hello Cactus Jon 5,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are interested in sharing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare with your son's account.

The link
    that the ambassador provided is a great way to ensure that the home console feature is set up correctly. Do you see an error message or error code when your son tries to launch the game? Are you referring to the backwards compatible game of Call
    of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, the new Call of Duty: Modern Warfare game or Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered? Be sure to let us know the results!
  6. Mr Boozyhead Win User

Powerstar Golf free for Xbox One

Bought this for my son when it was on sale a while back and he's just went to play it and it's not letting him play any course's telling him he has to buy them at £4.49 or the full game at £15.99????
Thema:

1. When my son tries to play modern warfare 2 it tells him he must purchase the game. But I've... - Similar Threads - son tries play

2. My son got the black screen of death today he tried going to factory reset but when he...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My son got the black screen of death today he tried going to factory reset but when he...: My son got the black screen of death on his Xbox one s 67c4f855-7abe-450b-9aa2-44fc5231f2c4
  3. My son is trying to add a mod in minecraft but we are logged into the wrong account and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My son is trying to add a mod in minecraft but we are logged into the wrong account and...: My son is trying to add a mod in minecraft but we are logged into the wrong account and can't figure out how to log into the right account 00b922d1-ba05-42c2-9673-39b0313d0494
  4. I bought xbox series x for my kids, still have xbox 1. Now when my son tries to play...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought xbox series x for my kids, still have xbox 1. Now when my son tries to play...: I bought xbox series x for my kids, still have xbox 1. Now when my son tries to play roblox, it asks for a disc to be inserted? What's the issue? Only happening on the old xbox....
  5. I recently switched my son over to using his own account for Fortnite. I was trying to link...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I recently switched my son over to using his own account for Fortnite. I was trying to link...: I am working on trying to add vbucks to my sons Fortnite account however it was pointing to my gamer tag. In an effort to link it to his gamer tag, I am running into problems. It is not allowing...
  6. Trying to buy FC24 points for my son

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to buy FC24 points for my son: I’m trying to buy FC24 points for my son - I’ve added ££ into his Microsoft account - then he tries to purchase the points and gets the following message “Your gift card was redeemed, but your...
  7. Trying to play multiplayer with my son

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to play multiplayer with my son: I'm trying to play a purchased multiplayer game on two Xbox's in my house with my son. We both have game pass plans. Do I also have to buy two copies of the game? That'd be ridiculous....
  8. I'm trying to make an account for my son and it won't let me join him to parental control

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm trying to make an account for my son and it won't let me join him to parental control: My account does not allow me to add my son's account to parental control, I think there is something wrong with one of the two accounts but I don't really know what the requirements or...
  9. Error when trying to buy minecraft for my son using family safety.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Error when trying to buy minecraft for my son using family safety.: Something isn't working on our end. Wait a bit, then try here again. TraceID: 5sydQ29wPkKGV8uX.27.95 Give it another try Something went wrong. Give it another try Something went wrong....
  10. What games can I play with my son on divided screen because I try with different games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What games can I play with my son on divided screen because I try with different games: Why can I not play with divided screen with my son on my console without been online 1cb2c608-bf46-40df-9194-0edbbb5c984b