When I turn on my Xbox it keeps making a really fast ticking noise sounding like it’s about...

Discus and support When I turn on my Xbox it keeps making a really fast ticking noise sounding like it’s about... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I turn on my Xbox it keeps making a really fast ticking noise sounding like it’s about to set on fire does anyone know how to fix this?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AnthonyBeast21, Dec 4, 2022.

1. When I turn on my Xbox it keeps making a really fast ticking noise sounding like it’s about...

When I turn on my Xbox it keeps making a really fast ticking noise sounding like it’s about to set on fire does anyone know how to fix this?

:)

AnthonyBeast21, Dec 4, 2022
  2. SigmaTheDJ Win User

Weird Noise coming from Power Brick

My issue is that the fan ticks. The console is set up in a bedroom. When everything is turned off (or on standby), I hear this fast "tick, tick, tick" from the Xbox One PSU. I specifically built my PC to be as close to silent as I could make it, so I can
    even hear the Xbox One PSU ticking over the sound of my PC when that's turned on. I'm not saying that the noise is "loud", because it's not. But any noise that can clearly and constantly be heard when a product is supposedly turned off is not good, especially
    an annoying ticking sound.
  3. SigmaTheDJ Win User

Weird Noise coming from Power Brick

Mine also makes a noise. It's like a really fast ticking sound. It's only quiet, but I have an Xbox One in my bedroom, so I can hear it clearly when I'm trying to sleep. I can set the console to turn completely off when I power it down, but then I lose the
    fast power up, the ability to turn the console on via voice, and most importantly, the ability for the console to download game and system updates while it's on standby.
  4. DUNHILL411 Win User

Console ticking noise?

My console does the same thing. When I turn it to power saving mode the whole system shuts down and the ticking noise stops. It's a very weird ticking sound and is def coming from the console.

I'd just like an official answer to why the console emits this weird ticking sound when in standby?
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

When I turn on my Xbox it keeps making a really fast ticking noise sounding like it’s about to set on fire does anyone know how to fix this?

You can try searching this using Google, this really depends on where are you located
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community.

My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor

Hope you're doing great today despite this AnthonyBeast21

If your console is doing weird noises the best option is get the console inspected with an authorized retailer or where original parts are used

Please keep in mind that we can’t advise with self repairs here. Is against the community rules
Thema:

When I turn on my Xbox it keeps making a really fast ticking noise sounding like it’s about...

1. When I turn on my Xbox it keeps making a really fast ticking noise sounding like it’s about... - Similar Threads - turn keeps making

2. my xbox keeps turning off

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox keeps turning off: my xbox series s just ahd an update and switched off now every time I go to switch on the console it just turns off automatically is there anything I should do e6232de2-3e72-4c6b-adab-1c16dca694fe
  3. Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X: I recently played COD MW3 and ran into an issue where I turned my cross play off for Multiplayer via Xbox settings but when I re enabled cross play for Zombies, every time COD would start I would...
  4. Why does all three of my USB ports keep turning off and on again when the xbox is on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does all three of my USB ports keep turning off and on again when the xbox is on?: It's as if all three USB ports just cut out. Which is a major inconvenience if I'm playing a game on an external hardrive or using a wired controller. All of this whilst my xbox is turned on btw....
  5. My Elite Series 2 controller keeps turning off and on... How do I fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Elite Series 2 controller keeps turning off and on... How do I fix it?: All the solutions ive found online dont work... When i plug it into my console it stays on but the console doesnt detect it... 22e307cf-6d65-4fa8-a6d5-974c2e4109a1
  6. If I was never asked for warranty and my Xbox keeps getting stuck at Xbox logo when I turn...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I was never asked for warranty and my Xbox keeps getting stuck at Xbox logo when I turn...: What if I never got warranty and my Xbox keeps getting stuck at logo when I turn it on what does that mean exactly and then sometimes I have disc in it says their no disc...
  7. My Xbox One S keeps on turning off after a minute

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One S keeps on turning off after a minute: Hello, I've been experiencing problems with my Xbox and wanted some advice. Every-time I turn it on, it does the chime like usual but then doesn't display any signal and after about 1 minute....
  8. Console keeps removing my profiles after turning off console

in XboX Insiders
    Console keeps removing my profiles after turning off console: Hi lads, I bought an Xbox yesterday from a friend as they never used the console. I signed into my account and downloaded the games I wanted and that was fine. However once I turned it off and...
  9. Xbox keeps turning on and off with tv remote

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox keeps turning on and off with tv remote: My bf and I both have Xbox’s in the same room, mine is connected to a Samsung tv and his to a monitor on his desk. Our problem is sometimes he will be playing and I will press the power button on...
  10. My xbox series S keeps making my router turn off/restart.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox series S keeps making my router turn off/restart.: Every time I try to install a game or update a game for longer than 20 minutes my router restarts. Now I've tried restarting my xbox even hard restarting it then I restarted my router and that...