When I turn my Xbox on its just a black screen

Discus and support When I turn my Xbox on its just a black screen in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I turn on my Xbox the green startup screen will turn on but after that its just black. If I hold down the Xbox button on my controller the menu to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NoahScowden, Dec 6, 2021.

1. NoahScowden
    NoahScowden Guest

When I turn on my Xbox the green startup screen will turn on but after that its just black. If I hold down the Xbox button on my controller the menu to turn off my Xbox, turn off controller, or restart my console pops up but nothing else. I have tried doing the reset where I turn the Xbox off then hold the power button and the eject button to turn it back on but that doesn't work. Can someone please help. Also it was working just fine earlier. The only reason I turned my Xbox off was because a game wasn't loading so I thought if I turn it off that it might work when I turn it back on.

:)

NoahScowden, Dec 6, 2021
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

In this case, we just need to reset your console keeping your games and apps through the Xbox Troubleshooter page. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Make sure to follow the steps accordingly to access it:

1. Unplug the network cable if you're using a wired network connection.

2. Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.

3. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.

4. Press and hold the Pair button (located on the left side of the console) and the Eject button (located on the front of the console), and then press the Xbox button on the console.

5. Continue holding the Pair and Eject buttons for 10-15 seconds.

6. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the Pair and Eject buttons after the second power-up tone.

When the console powers up, you will see the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter. Please click on "Reset this Xbox" then "Reset and keep my games and apps".
  3. NoahScowden Win User

Thank you so so much. U are a life saver.
  4. NoahScowden Win User

Also when my Xbox goes into idle mode I can see the idle screen
  5. Goatastixx Win User

video failure

and it isnt just black screen when i put in/load a game, its black from the moment i turn on the xbox. just to clarify. my xbox is a brick right now :(
  6. GraceGallagher Win User

Xbox Screen And Menu

When i turned on my xbox at start the xbox was fine but when i tried to login my account and the menu thingy i couldnt do anything on there and couldnt login so i removed a cable from the xbox and put it back in and when it turned on the xbox screen was
    black and the menu was STILL broken, i put in my internet again and the black screen went, its just the menu thats bugging me
Thema:

1. When I turn my Xbox on its just a black screen - Similar Threads - turn black screen

2. Xbox One X Turns On but Black Screen with No Signal

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X Turns On but Black Screen with No Signal: I just bought a used Xbox One X from Amazon first day it worked but next day I had a black screen with no signal I used 2 separate hdmi cables 2 separate TVs and 2 separate power cables everything...
  3. Monitor turning on but screen is black. Any Help?

in XBoX on Windows
    Monitor turning on but screen is black. Any Help?: So i have a KOORUI 24 inch 165 hz monitor I had just recently bought and everything has been perfect, it was great up until now. I have both and xbox and a pc and the monitor does not work on...
  4. My Xbox was stuck on the green loading screen then it turns black how can I fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox was stuck on the green loading screen then it turns black how can I fix it: My Xbox turned on to the loading screen it’s green about three minutes later it turns black how can I fix that ed758c99-f9d4-43fe-8b08-b304a456a3e4
  5. Xbox S black screen and turns itself off no reset screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox S black screen and turns itself off no reset screen: I haven’t used my Xbox S in about 2 weeks. Sat down to play tonight, and nothing. First, the power comes on, but no screen appears. Then after about 20 seconds the Xbox S powers off on its own....
  6. When I go to play some games when it loads my screen turns black and everything even the ui...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I go to play some games when it loads my screen turns black and everything even the ui...: When I go to play games my screen will go black and things will be more gray than usual but it's only for some games c1461ca9-ecee-4ba9-988f-3c763490d90b
  7. Laptop screen turns black and the whole device freezes after launching Valorant

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Laptop screen turns black and the whole device freezes after launching Valorant: My device screen turns black after launching Valorant. Not only that, it freezes my whole system too which is why I have to hold power button to shut down the laptop. I tried uninstalling and then...
  8. Why does screen turn black except for the health bar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does screen turn black except for the health bar: Just all of a sudden about couple weeks ago went to play Jedi Fallen Order and it goes to main menu like normal but when I did to continue it went to where I last left off and showed a little bit...
  9. I restarted my Xbox and accidentally turned it off and don’t now my screen is all black and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I restarted my Xbox and accidentally turned it off and don’t now my screen is all black and...: I restarted my xbox and accidentally turned it off and now when I click on the off Byron it stays on and my screen is black if anyone can help that would be great...
  10. My screen is turning purple/black while playing COD 2019 it also doesn't let me see my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My screen is turning purple/black while playing COD 2019 it also doesn't let me see my...: Idk what to do I've used 2 tvs and restarted and Googled what to do but I can't get it to stop for good 5b917a13-d3a5-43cc-83f5-bcef813eccc1