When I turn my xbox on it only stays on for about a minute and shuts off automatically again

Discus and support When I turn my xbox on it only stays on for about a minute and shuts off automatically again in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Any time I turn my xbox one s on it turns itself off. I have tried power cycling and resetting. The fan kicks off right after the xbox starts. I have... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dpong08, Jul 18, 2021.

1. Dpong08
    Dpong08 Guest

When I turn my xbox on it only stays on for about a minute and shuts off automatically again

Any time I turn my xbox one s on it turns itself off. I have tried power cycling and resetting. The fan kicks off right after the xbox starts. I have also tried vacuuming dust out, blowing dust out, and the hair dryer trick. I have no idea what is wrong with it.

:)

Dpong08, Jul 18, 2021
  2. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Hello @Dpong08!

When it powers on, does it go to the home screen or do you see the loading screen with the CPU on it? If you see the loading screen we recommend doing an offline update. You will need a Windows 10 pc and a USB drive. Sometimes a system file will get corrupt to cause this. If this doesn't work then you will need a repair. You can set one up at device support.
  3. hckygod99 Win User

Tray keeps opening when loading disks.

It sounds like I have the same problem.

For example: 25 Nov 2012 4:45am my Xbox 360s opened the tray automatically after the Xbox had been off for about 8 hrs. Tray stays open for about 10 minutes and shuts again. Then Xbox promptly shuts down. 2hrs later the Xbox again opened the tray automatically.
    It goes through this cycle a few times a day. If I don't want it to open up and turn on automatically it has to be unplugged until I go to use it. It has had this problem sinse the day I got it.
  4. OdinHawke Win User

Xbox keeps shutting down randomly

Mines doing the same. Shutting down and not turning on unless I unplug and plug it back. Then it's only on for a few minutes before doing it again. And as much as I'd love to send a report. It's kind of hard to do when it shuts down my xbox. It's about to
    be restored to factory. This is pissing me off
  5. Kai Macros Win User

Getting wierded out by my star wars 360... randomly turning on and off

That's where I checked first. It's been turning on and off a few times overnight and everytime it shuts off after I turn it on, the resolution is changed to 480p when I turn it back on. Also, when I leave it on the profile selection screen, it doesn't shut
    off. It's only after I log into a profile and change the resolution back to 1080p that it shuts off again, but it does stop shutting off after I fight with it to stay on for about half an hour. If it were an issue about overheating, it wouldn't be staying
    on and I have yet to have any form of red ring on the power button for the console. The power supply is showing no signs of issues from it and all automated functions other than game updates are turned off.
  6. CovertPanda6969 Win User

keep disconnecting

It did the same thing to me. I shut my Xbox off for about 5 minutes and turned it back on and im on live again. Xbox says everything is up and running again.
Thema:

1. When I turn my xbox on it only stays on for about a minute and shuts off automatically again - Similar Threads - turn stays minute

2. What do I do when my controller turns on and stays on but the system is is completely...

in XBoX on Consoles
    What do I do when my controller turns on and stays on but the system is is completely...: This is the first time this has happened to me so I searched up a solution online and every thing I saw involved being able to go into the settings app and the power off/restart menu which I...
  3. Series S froze on main menu and xbox won't stay turned off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S froze on main menu and xbox won't stay turned off.: I have a 1 yr old Series S, it froze on the homescreen and none of the controller buttons do anything. I can turn it off with the power button on the Xbox but it randomly turns itself back on like...
  4. Xbox Series X won't turn on, and the light on the xbox button on the console only stays on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X won't turn on, and the light on the xbox button on the console only stays on...: When I try to turn my Xbox Series X on by pressing the power button, it plays the "power on" sound and the light goes on for around 1 - 1.5 minutes before turning back off. It was working before,...
  5. My wireless Xbox headset won’t stay on when I have it plugged in and won’t turn on if it’s...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wireless Xbox headset won’t stay on when I have it plugged in and won’t turn on if it’s...: This has happened once before and I did try doing a hard reset on it which I think fixed it the first time, but this time it’s not working. It’s been discharged for a few months but last time I...
  6. Xbox one will not stay on. It beeps when turned on but the light flashes and wont turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one will not stay on. It beeps when turned on but the light flashes and wont turn on: Xbox one will not turn on. The light flashes and beeps but will not come on. The controller light just flashes. a7ac2e46-a1cc-45ec-be7b-50ca74f3eebf
  7. Xbox Series S won't stay on, it clicks then turns off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S won't stay on, it clicks then turns off.: Hi , so my Series S randomly stopped working. Every time I try to turn it on it'll light up for a second, make a click and turn off. My first thought was cable/powerstrip, so I tried it on it's on...
  8. My xbox one s will not turn on or stay on how can I fix this issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one s will not turn on or stay on how can I fix this issue?: My xbox one s will not turn on or stay on how can I fix this issue? 115c11f2-90ec-4459-a2f8-27d742316c1e
  9. I turn my Xbox one s stays on green screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I turn my Xbox one s stays on green screen: I turn my Xbox one s console on and it stays on the green Xbox icon screen won't even load to home screen. I have unplugged console and plugged back in and still same. I was told that my Xbox...
  10. Why does my power brick stay on after I turn my Xbox off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my power brick stay on after I turn my Xbox off?: Whenever I turn my Xbox off, the power brick stays on. I’ve been seeing people say it is the “Instant On” but they would mean the light would be showing white. The power brick stays green and the...