when i try to use game chat people can hear me but i cant hear them i need help this has...

Discus and support when i try to use game chat people can hear me but i cant hear them i need help this has... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; when i try to use game chat people can hear me but i cant hear them i need help this has been a problem for awhile and ive checked my audio settings... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by NobleJay, Nov 25, 2022.

1. NobleJay
    NobleJay Guest

when i try to use game chat people can hear me but i cant hear them i need help this has...

when i try to use game chat people can hear me but i cant hear them i need help this has been a problem for awhile and ive checked my audio settings and im pretty sure the are good

:)

NobleJay, Nov 25, 2022
  2. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

People cant hear me in game, but I hear them

3. KiD neru Win User

Check mic not muted.

Press guide button. Go to system on far right - cog symbol - select audio - there is a toggle switch in there for mic on/off.
  4. Ironwilled Win User

Hi There,

See if there is anything in the trouble shooter that can help you out.

If you can hear others in a party or game but they can't hear you, try these solutions.

Solution 1: Make sure your headset is not muted

Check that the orange LED light next to the mute button is not on.

Solution 2: Power cycle your Xbox One console

For help, see How to restart or power cycle your Xbox One console.

Solution 3: Re-associate your controller with your profile

1. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > Kinect & devices > Devices & accessories.
    3. Under Assigned to, choose your gamertag.

Solution 4: Verify the NAT type for your network

Network Address Translation (NAT) lets you hide your IP address from devices that are not on your network. For more info about NAT, see the "Current network status" section at Network
    settings on Xbox One

Solution 5: Test your Xbox One Chat Headset

To test the headset, start a party (requires internet connectivity) to test the audio:
    1. Sign in to Xbox Live on your Xbox One console.
    2. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.
    3. Under Multiplayer, select Start a party. (You don't need to invite anyone for this test.)
    4. Make sure your mic is not muted in party chat.

Note You can use the Y button  on your controller to toggle mute on or off.

1. Make sure your headset is not muted and that the volume is turned up.
    2. Speak into the microphone. If your headset is working, you’ll see the ring around your gamerpic light up.

If you still can't hear your friends online after you've started a party, but you can hear sound while using in-game chat or another app like Skype, see You
    can't switch to party chat on Xbox One

Solution 6: Troubleshoot your connection

Check your connectivity by using the Xbox One Multiplayer Game Solution

Link:
    https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/accessories/troubleshoot-chat-headset
  5. RealZiritoBlue1 Win User

Try unplugging then replugging your mic back in.
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

People cannot hear me on chat but I can hear them

Actually now there is an xbox live service alert going on regarding Xbox Live Core Services: signing in; creating, managing, or recovering an account.

Affected platforms: Xbox One Xbox 360 Xbox on other devices Xbox on Windows 10

Affected services: Signing into Xbox Live Xbox One and Xbox 360 Applications

Latest update:

Hey Xbox members, are you having problems seeing your friends, and setting up parties? We're aware of the problem, and working to resolve it. We'll let you know as soon as we know more.

You just have to wait till the issue is solved.
Thema:

1. when i try to use game chat people can hear me but i cant hear them i need help this has... - Similar Threads - try game chat

2. Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.

in XBoX on Windows
    Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.: it wouldn't let me use cloud saving, so I reset my xbox, now it wont let me download my profile or connect to xbox live , what can I do to fix this? I've powered cycled my console, cleared local...
  3. I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....: This is a drive I’ve used with my Xbox for months and never had an issue. The external drive is formatted properly (NTFS) and should be in full compliance for use with Xbox. When I begin...
  4. Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later"

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later": I try to send a message and it won't send it. At first I could resolve it but just resetting the app in apps in features. Now it seems like every other message I have to do it. It also says when I...
  5. Game Bar wont open, and I've tried at least 10 methods

in XboX Insiders
    Game Bar wont open, and I've tried at least 10 methods: Game Bar will not open at all, I've tried uninstalling, and reinstalling. Check for updates. Run commands in Powershell. Restarted my computer numerous of times and still nothing. Does anyone...
  6. I’m trying to play MWlll cross gen addition and every time it ask my to buy game pass to play

in XBoX on Windows
    I’m trying to play MWlll cross gen addition and every time it ask my to buy game pass to play: It keeps giving me 2 options to buy game pass when I try to play multiplayer or zombies e6a1160e-aab8-4e68-9afb-5cf653891546
  7. Infinite loading screen after trying to claim my 3 months of Xbox game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Infinite loading screen after trying to claim my 3 months of Xbox game pass: I got the Xbox series s that comes with 3 months of Xbox game pass but when I try to claim it, it puts me on a three dot loading screen and nothing ever happens. Its just stuck there infinity...
  8. I’m trying to play a game(high on life) on xbox pc game pass using a ps4 controller but it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m trying to play a game(high on life) on xbox pc game pass using a ps4 controller but it...: I’m trying to play a game(high on life) on xbox pc game pass using a ps4 controller but it doesn’t recognize the controller’s inputs. How do i make it work? 7a711a01-6926-4bae-b764-fcb7f3cc2107
  9. something went wrong with your party chat try again later. is what my xbox game bar says

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    something went wrong with your party chat try again later. is what my xbox game bar says: Game bar parties not working 0x00000000 something went wrong try again - Microsoft Community I've pretty much done everything this guy has done in this link beside solution 3 which really doesn't...
  10. My Xbox keeps switching to In-Game Chat immediately when I try to switch to party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox keeps switching to In-Game Chat immediately when I try to switch to party chat: I randomly started encountering this issue and have no idea how to fix it. Nothing is wrong with my controller either. Please help! c0b558bd-9c61-4f81-9099-1ec95db266b0