When I try to unlink my Microsoft account from my minecraft PlayStation 4 by going into...

Discus and support When I try to unlink my Microsoft account from my minecraft PlayStation 4 by going into... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; When I try to unlink my Microsoft account by going to settings<account<unlink Microsoft account it keeps saying on saying “Your accounts were not able... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Max Szmerdt, Dec 24, 2022.

1. Max Szmerdt
    Max Szmerdt Guest

When I try to unlink my Microsoft account from my minecraft PlayStation 4 by going into...

When I try to unlink my Microsoft account by going to settings<account<unlink Microsoft account it keeps saying on saying “Your accounts were not able to be unlinked.Maybe check your internet connection?” When I did everything correctly and my internet connection is fine it still doesn’t work.

:)

Max Szmerdt, Dec 24, 2022
  2. KindGryphon Win User

How to unlink

I need to unlink my PlayStation Network account from my old Microsoft account which I don’t remember, & link it to a new Microsoft account to play Minecraft
    You can unlink the psn account however you CANT link a different one.

Note: Once a Microsoft account has been linked to a PlayStation® account, neither the Microsoft account nor the PlayStation™ Network account can be associated with a different account.

If you choose to unlink accounts, then purchases will be returned to the account which made the purchase. Even after unlinking, Microsoft and PlayStation® accounts can only be re-linked to the original account.

This is coming right from the Minecraft website

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/360037725571-Minecraft-for-PlayStation-TM-4-FAQ
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

Cannot login Minecraft with PSN

That's really weird, since when you unlink a Minecraft/Microsoft account from a Playstation ID it can only be linked to the same Playstation ID.

Are you completely sure you are signed in with the correct Playstation ID and trying to login with the correct Minecraft/Microsoft Account?
  4. TheLastPlatoon07 Win User

PS4 - Microsoft Account Unlink

Hello ,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are unable to unlink your Microsoft account from your PlayStation account. There is

a support article
    on Minecraft's support website which explains more about linking and unlinking the accounts. There is a risk involved with unlinking the accounts. The article talks more about the risks of unlinking the accounts. If you would like to continue
    to learn how to unlink the account, we suggest reaching out to
    Mojang support
    and PlayStation support. Be sure to let us know the results!
    I think I'll go with the option of creating a new Microsoft account for now, and so then whenever the unlink ability on minecraft is working I'll fix my brothers account. But I thank you for your great service.

Kind regards,

Fellow Gamer
  5. XBF John Win User

Unlink Microsoft account from Minecraft.

Hello,

Please check out this page: Minecraft for PlayStation® FAQ – Home

It states:

Linking a Microsoft account to a Playstation® account

WARNING Once a Microsoft account has been linked to a PlayStation® account, neither the Microsoft account nor the PlayStation™ Network account can be associated with a different account. 

If you choose to unlink accounts, then purchases will be returned to the account which made the purchase. Even after unlinking, Microsoft and PlayStation® accounts can only be re-linked to the original account.

What happens when I unlink my Microsoft account?

IMPORTANT Once a Microsoft account has been linked to a PlayStation™ Network account, it cannot be unlinked without loss of access to entitlements and Minecoins on other platforms. 

According to this thread you can unlink the accounts: Minecraft PS4: Unlinking Microsoft Account - Microsoft Community

However, even if you unlink it, according to Mojang you can only Re-link it to the original account, you cannot link a different PlayStation account to the Microsoft account.

Thank you,

6. KindGryphon Win User

How to find what minecraft account is using my microsoft account and to disconnect it.

I am attempting to connect my microsoft account with my Ps4 account. My microsoft account is already connected to a Ps4 minecraft account. How do I find what Minecraft account is using my microsoft account and to disconnect it from it.
    Even if you could disconnect it you wont be able to link a different Microsoft account.

Per https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/360037725571-Minecraft-for-PlayStation-4-FAQ

Note: Once a Microsoft account has been linked to a PlayStation® account, neither the Microsoft account nor the PlayStation™ Network account can be associated with a different account.

Note: As of March 15, 2023, please DO NOT unlink your MSA from your PlayStation account via the in-game menu. You will be unable to link it back if you do so.

This is a restriction imposed by Sony.
Thema:

1. When I try to unlink my Microsoft account from my minecraft PlayStation 4 by going into... - Similar Threads - try unlink Microsoft

2. I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each...: I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each other as friends. How do we do that? abf59fe2-900f-42be-b844-f2bb61d7ff3b
  3. i keep getting error code 0x8000FFFF when i try to start a party on the XSS

in XBoX on Consoles
    i keep getting error code 0x8000FFFF when i try to start a party on the XSS: i’ve done everything i can think of and even went as far as taking my xbox apart, cleaning it, AND reapplying thermal paste. factory reset unplug for 8 hours( i full power down and unplug it...
  4. When trying to make group post it says that it has inappropriate content and I can't find...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When trying to make group post it says that it has inappropriate content and I can't find...: When I try to make a group post for Minecraft it says, "Let's keep it clean - remove inappropriate content, then try posting again." I can't find out what it is that makes my post inappropriate....
  5. "Something went wrong with your party please try again later" when joining xbox party chat...

in XBoX on Windows
    "Something went wrong with your party please try again later" when joining xbox party chat...: Okay so Recently I updated Game bar one day and then whenever i joined a party on pc it would say everyone in the party was disconnected and then after a few minutes it would say "Something went...
  6. Xbox Controller says Try connecting your device again.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller says Try connecting your device again.: As the title says it, I cannot connect my controller wirelessly or with a wire. Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Ram: 16gb Mobo: Gigabyte B550 UD AC-Y1 SSD: WD sn750 se 1tb I have tried to...
  7. My controllers are doing this as well. I have tried everything mentioned here also searched...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controllers are doing this as well. I have tried everything mentioned here also searched...: Fix this bug with the series x or your going to have everyone run to ps5 51841de2-6e96-440b-83c1-d7d9717b36d5
  8. I am Constantly getting error messages when trying to do something on Xbox Service

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I am Constantly getting error messages when trying to do something on Xbox Service: Wether it's about trying to remove old feeds or changing information. it simply won't work as i constantly get web errors or other stuff shoved into my face. Please fix your services or do...
  9. Hey when I went to the new rewards quest page on xbox it says' "try again later we can't...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hey when I went to the new rewards quest page on xbox it says' "try again later we can't...: My brother is able to use this app on his xbox but for me it is not working. Could someone help me? 8f44dc0b-c55b-40a6-a414-8a240d2a259e
  10. Audio bug after trying to connect an incompatible headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio bug after trying to connect an incompatible headset.: I recently got a Corsair HS80 Max Wireless from a friend. He gave it to me to use for PC, PS5 and Xbox Series X. I tried it on PC, PS5 both worked went for it on Xbox didn’t work and learned it’s...