When I try to play games it sometimes kicks me back to the menu without warning or reason

Discus and support When I try to play games it sometimes kicks me back to the menu without warning or reason in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Some days my games are stable but others, I can barely get past the title screen. video attached is it happening to fortnite. I have tried restarting,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Marleymon2003, Aug 9, 2022.

1. When I try to play games it sometimes kicks me back to the menu without warning or reason

Some days my games are stable but others, I can barely get past the title screen. video attached is it happening to fortnite. I have tried restarting, power cycling, and clearing saved data. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a5yAuw2fPY

:)

Marleymon2003, Aug 9, 2022
  2. [ A J ] Win User

When I try to play games it sometimes kicks me back to the menu without warning or reason

Hi, Marleymon2003! thank you for reaching out.

My name is AJ, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing some issues with your console.

I'd suggest doing a soft factory reset, like this:

- Go to Settings > System > Console info > Reset console > Keep games and apps.

Just keep in mind you will need an internet connection and your account details (email and password) to complete the setup process.

*** Resetting your console to its factory defaults erases all accounts, saved games, settings, and home Xbox associations. Anything not synchronized with Xbox Live will be lost. If your console has been constantly connected to the internet and Xbox Live services, your saved data should be backed up on the cloud.

//

If that doesn't work, please answer the following questions:

- May I ask which Xbox model you have?

- Do you have any external storage units plugged into your console?

- Is this happening with both disc-based and digital games?

- Is your console enrolled in the Xbox Insider program?

Thank you!

Best regards.
  3. Marleymon2003 Win User

I have fortnite on internal storage and it still doesn't work, I also tried reinstalling it and resetting my xbox while keeping the apps
  4. [ A J ] Win User

Hi, Marleymon2003! thank you for your reply.

To clarify, did you try the factory reset I mentioned?

//

Sometimes a corrupted/malfunctioning external storage unit can cause this kind of problem. Please unplug your external storage unit and run the games from the console's internal storage instead.

If it's only one game that you are currently having trouble with, you could also try reinstalling it.

Please let me know if that works.
  5. Marleymon2003 Win User

1. Xbox series X

2. yes

3. just digital.

4. no
  6. [ A J ] Win User

Hi, Marleymon2003! I’m glad to hear that.
    There might be some corrupted data in your external hard drive that is causing games to crash. You could try formatting your hard drive to prevent this from happening in the future.

Thank you for letting me help! Have a good day/night and take care.
Thema:

1. When I try to play games it sometimes kicks me back to the menu without warning or reason - Similar Threads - try play games

2. 20 min into playing games i statt having lag. I've tried 4 diff controllers.

in XBoX on Consoles
    20 min into playing games i statt having lag. I've tried 4 diff controllers.: I've tried changing the HDMI cord I tried four different controllers I've tried resetting my Xbox I reseted the game sometimes turning my controller off and on works sometimes it does not....
  3. I can’t connect to Xbox Live when trying to play Xbox 360 games on my Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t connect to Xbox Live when trying to play Xbox 360 games on my Xbox One: So I have done quite a bit of research regarding the backwards compatibility issue with Xbox 360 games on Xbox One, and nothing seems to work for me. At the end of the day, I can’t sign into my...
  4. Cannot connect to xbox live while trying to play backwards compatible games on my Xbox X.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to xbox live while trying to play backwards compatible games on my Xbox X.: I have tried almost every suggestion available and cannot get past the same error code of "Your connection to xbox live has been lost. Please sign in again." I know for a fact I am connected to...
  5. Trying to play call of duty warzone. The game keeps crashing mid game and returns me to the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to play call of duty warzone. The game keeps crashing mid game and returns me to the...: Trying to play call of duty warzone. The game keeps crashing mid game and returns me to the Xbox home screen repeatedly. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game and it keeps happening. The...
  6. Im trying to connect my epic games account and play fortnite with the progress on my xbox...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Im trying to connect my epic games account and play fortnite with the progress on my xbox...: I have both playstation and xbox accounts connected to one email and i want to play with my xbox's progress, for some reason when i try to login to epic games with my xbox account it says it sent...
  7. My account can't play any game if I try to log in as first player, but if I play as 2nd,...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account can't play any game if I try to log in as first player, but if I play as 2nd,...: Glitch in Xbox software. Xbox account glitch. (I don't know what else to put.) 5c10558f-ea38-434f-af08-5f495ec82374
  8. Anytime I try and play a game from the gamepass i get the error code 0x803F8001.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Anytime I try and play a game from the gamepass i get the error code 0x803F8001.: For example, when opening MS Flight Simulator it tells me it currently isn't available in my account and to make sure I am signed into the store and to try again. I know for a fact I am signed...
  9. Help! I own cod Cold War. When I try to play it says I have to purchase the game. When I go...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help! I own cod Cold War. When I try to play it says I have to purchase the game. When I go...: Please help. I own cod Cold War. Suddenly when I try to play it says I have to buy the game. When I go to store it says I own it. I tried re installing , switching accounts, hard resets. Nothing....
  10. my account keeps getting the 0x82D40003 code when trying to play games like enlisted or...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my account keeps getting the 0x82D40003 code when trying to play games like enlisted or...: my internet is good, other accounts work fine, but my account doesn’t work with the online games or enlisted, we have game pass, again, other accounts work fine so it’s not a issue with “whoever...