When i try to connect to hotel wifi that needs authentication and it dose not work

Discus and support When i try to connect to hotel wifi that needs authentication and it dose not work in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; The screen turns white and i see no website i have cleared the MAC address and reset my xbox too 27c02a5f-b86d-49ac-accb-efb834ea7208 Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by JJ SAN, May 24, 2024.

1. JJ SAN
    JJ SAN Guest

When i try to connect to hotel wifi that needs authentication and it dose not work

The screen turns white and i see no website i have cleared the MAC address and reset my xbox too

:)

JJ SAN, May 24, 2024
  2. [EX] Win User

Hi,

have you asked the people from the hotel if and how it's possible to play with your Xbox there ?

If that doesn't work you might use your smartphone as mobile hotspot. In this case I would recommend you to turn off 'Auto update' in the settings.
  3. XBF Leo G Win User

Issue with Authenticate Now option

Hello SeanSpear,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that your console is not able to connect to the hotel's network due to an authentication error message. There are some hotels that require you to use a web browser before you can connect to the
    network. The web browser will take you to a website for the hotel that has you authenticate the device before it connects. Did you have to open a web browser on your cell phone before it connected to the hotel's WiFi? We suggest reaching out to the hotel's
    staff in order to discover if there is additional authentication that is needed for your devices to connect to the network. Be sure to let us know the results!
  4. EvilBoris GX Win User

Cant believe I payed 600 for this crap!!

Here is how I connect my console to a hotel network:

Find your mobile phone's wireless MAC address (should be hidden away in the network settings or info)

Copy this address into the advanced network settings of the Xbox One

Using your phone, log into the hotel phone's wi-fi, once you are connected, try connecting on your Xbox One again.

Fingers crossed you should be able to trick the Hotel WiFi into thinking your console is actually the phone.

as soon as something starts to happen, turn the wifi off on your phone.If that doesn't work, try logging in on your phone, turning off the wifi then quickly turning on your xbox and connecting to the hotel WIFI.

Hopefully that works for you
  5. Anonymous11111111112 Win User

Alternate MAC Address problem with hotel wifi

this is still an issue.

The only work around, and it's not much of one, that I've discovered is to temporarily connect to shared wifi on laptop or phone, launch IE on xbox, disconnect from wireless and connect to hotel wireless, and open up IE quickly and authenticate.

I used to be able to authenticate via hotel wireless on my laptop/phone then hard wire in by using mac address spoofing, but as others have pointed out, Microsoft has broken it and it doesn't appear they are going to fix it anytime soon.

In fact xbox support is absolutely lost when I describe to them what is broken. They just offer workarounds, no acknowledgement that something is actually broken.
  6. DavidJungpa Win User

XBox One February Update - Multiplayer Bug with Alternative MAC Address

I ran into this bug over the weekend trying to connect X1 over WIFI at hotel since you need to spoof the MAC address of the computer that registers with the hotel. Everything on the system itself connects fine but no multiplayer games work. Fortunately,
    I had an ethernet cable that I was able to use and once I switched over to wired everything worked great. I assumed the hotel was blacking over wifi until I did some searching on the Internet.

Being an infrastructure IT guy I was perplexed by the problem so I started digging into it which I deduced it to the alternative MAC address as well.

- wifi with alternative MAC does not work in games but system is ok

- ethernet with alternative MAC works

So what I did was spoof the xb1 MAC address from my laptop and registered it with the hotel which worked.
Thema:

1. When i try to connect to hotel wifi that needs authentication and it dose not work - Similar Threads - try connect hotel

2. Discord says sorry looks like you were disconnected try connecting again

in XboX Insiders
    Discord says sorry looks like you were disconnected try connecting again: I need help for this everything ive found on it has been outdated and not helpful submitted by /u/Greedy-End-8084 [link] [comments]
  3. Hello, i'm trying to Connect my Xbox series s to an HP le2002x monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, i'm trying to Connect my Xbox series s to an HP le2002x monitor: I'm trying to Connect my Xbox series s to an HP le2002x monitor but every time it says "out of range , change resolution to 1900x900 60HZ" i tried to restart the Xbox and change but it still...
  4. My Xbox series X is connected to the internet but when I try to sign in it says “you’ll...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series X is connected to the internet but when I try to sign in it says “you’ll...: When I try to sign into my Xbox live account it says “you need an Internet for this“ then below it says it doesn’t look like you’re connected to the Internet. Check your connection and try again....
  5. Trying to connect to Xbox 360 marketplace...won't connect?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to connect to Xbox 360 marketplace...won't connect?: Trying to connect to Xbox 360 marketplace to buy a video game which I did in October but can't now 094132d1-2583-4ab4-9d0c-6c869d427b94
  6. Why doesn’t my Xbox series s connect to xfinity wifi I tried to login and it doesn’t allow...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn’t my Xbox series s connect to xfinity wifi I tried to login and it doesn’t allow...: I dont understand why my Xbox won’t connect to my via network 0540cb0c-6d58-4834-b2ea-cf0f37fd08f3
  7. I am trying to connect my Xbox One s to my Windows 8 with a hdmi

in XBoX on Windows
    I am trying to connect my Xbox One s to my Windows 8 with a hdmi: I tried all I can look up how to but I simply can't figure it out how too do it thare is not a bluetooth and I am trying to do something with it without internet but It won't broadcast to it it...
  8. My controller wont connect to my console..tried 4 controllers and 3 USB c cables too

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller wont connect to my console..tried 4 controllers and 3 USB c cables too: My controller wont connect to my console and I tried 4 controllers and also 3 USB c leads 899c0d9f-c7fc-45bf-855b-81b909a510a9
  9. PC: Getting error code 0x800704c6 when I try and download anything however I am connected...

in XBoX on Consoles
    PC: Getting error code 0x800704c6 when I try and download anything however I am connected...: I have recently installed additional ram however in the process fried my old ram which resulted in multiple BSOD due to the faulty ram. I replaced my old ram with the new ram I purchased along...
  10. so I moved to a hotel recently and I tried to connect the wifi to my xbox but each time I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    so I moved to a hotel recently and I tried to connect the wifi to my xbox but each time I...: just a white screen each time 6ab90404-d3b6-476c-a2ae-940c9e82331f