When I talk in Xbox Live Party Chat, my voice cuts in and out for anyone that hears me.

Discus and support When I talk in Xbox Live Party Chat, my voice cuts in and out for anyone that hears me. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, In the past few days, my chat experience in Xbox Live Party Chat has been miserable. My friends have informed me that my voice cuts in and out,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DiscoCokkroach, Nov 8, 2021.

1. When I talk in Xbox Live Party Chat, my voice cuts in and out for anyone that hears me.

Hello,

In the past few days, my chat experience in Xbox Live Party Chat has been miserable. My friends have informed me that my voice cuts in and out, and that they have trouble understanding what I am saying. As it turns out, this isn't only an issue when using my headset on my Xbox One S (regardless of how it connects to the console; I've tried), but this also happens when I use Party Chat on my PC (when using the Xbox Game Bar) and I speak using an entirely different microphone.

I know it isn't the headset itself that's the problem, because I locally recorded with it in OBS while my controller was plugged into my PC. I can only assume that it's my network connection to the Xbox Live servers, but I can't even be sure of that. I'm at a loss of what to do to fix the problem. Help!

EDIT: I used the Xbox app on my smartphone to talk in Party Chat while my phone was off of Wi-Fi and on Mobile Data and, lo and behold, my audio stopped cutting in and out. Ergo, it must be my personal network in my house, or my ISP, or something of that nature. The issue in the initial post still stands because using Party Chat on my phone is useless since I can't hear the game audio and the Party Chat at the same time. It would also eat up all of my monthly data on my phone plan rather quickly, I assume. Any help related to working out my connection to Xbox Live in such a way that resolves my issue would be appreciated.

:)

DiscoCokkroach, Nov 8, 2021
  2. SammyVS Win User

When I talk in Xbox Live Party Chat, my voice cuts in and out for anyone that hears me.

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

Clean your console's MAC and restart your internet devices.

Network Settings> Advanced Settings> Alternate MAC address and Clear.

If the problem persists this may be because your ISP is limiting or blocking the ports that Live needs to function properly. I recommend calling your ISP and asking to open these ports.

Port 88 (UDP)

Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

Port 80 (TCP)

Port 500 (UDP)

Port 3544 (UDP)

Port 4500 (UDP)

Also ask to put the IP of the console in the DMZ zone, if you need additional ports this function will take care of that.
  3. KING BEASTKIWI Win User

Voice chat through speakers

I have my voice coming through my t.v as my mic is broken because I stood on it I canot hear players in game chat talking but when I talk they hear me I can only hear people when we are in party chat why is this?? I miss the wee sqweekers whineing when I
    call in a swarm any ideas??
  4. MightyQuinn75 Win User

Xbox one live - Haven't heard anyone on the mic for years.

Hi, sorry are having issues. That's very odd that you can't hear someone even when you can see they are talking. It might be worth jumping into a party chat with someone to test it out and see if that does work. He is a troubleshooter that might be
    worth working through also Troubleshoot Live Chat
  5. RobertErpelding Win User

Xbox one elite series 2 no audio

Update.

So the microphone lets me talk, and i can also hear party chat and voice messages. But cannot hear the game or normal xbox guide noises.

Any ideas ?
  6. BUBASAUROUS REX Win User

X box chat problems

no it is not on, i have a connect and its not set up, but idk if you guys understand, its intermittent, cuts out when talking and right now i was in a party again, i cant hear a sentance before the other user is cut out, i look on the screen and it says
    that person isnt even talking, its more than just a headset or any other device that you talk with. Its not a port in my controller, its not both the headsets i use, it cant be the internet because im connected online, i get disconnected every now and again
    but thats everyone, ive seen the thread. It isnt security settings because i wouldnt be able to hear that person to begin with, happens to EVERYONE that i talk to gamechat or party chat. But id say more in party chat than game chat. Game chat people can get
    a few sentances out and party well i hear..... so whats go...............,....... and next week were................... you down?
Thema:

1. When I talk in Xbox Live Party Chat, my voice cuts in and out for anyone that hears me. - Similar Threads - talk Live Party

2. How can I talk to a living human being about my issue? I'm struggling with the website .

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I talk to a living human being about my issue? I'm struggling with the website .: I have a problem I cannot solve on the Microsoft customer website. I purchased a digital game gift for someone in Canada, unaware that I would not be able to send it to him. He cannot redeem the...
  3. Hi can I talk with xbox live support ?.I mean with real person . no email and robot chat....

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi can I talk with xbox live support ?.I mean with real person . no email and robot chat....: I wanna to talk with xbox live support with real person no robot chat or email . I wanna real person. Steps ?? 4b36af77-3246-4432-9d90-898650bb266e
  4. Cannot connect to Xbox live. Talked to a representative last night for over an hour to try...

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot connect to Xbox live. Talked to a representative last night for over an hour to try...: As stated above, I need help with this issue. Thank you. 63c775ce-648f-4bb5-8836-d855d711aa16
  5. Can I please talk to any live agents?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I please talk to any live agents?: My account got hacked and all the info was changed, can I get to talk to live support? 21049b63-e977-4ea1-a943-94b387bc25b8
  6. Refund for cod mw3 how to get through to live chat to talk to someone

in XBoX Accessibility
    Refund for cod mw3 how to get through to live chat to talk to someone: Trying to get a refund for cod mw3 and it got denied even though i literally cant play multi player or zombies just keeps lagging and game crashing. It says im outside the refund period because i...
  7. How do I talk to a live person at Xbox?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I talk to a live person at Xbox?: I have tried for roughly a week to get ahold of someone with zero luck! I have $650 in unauthorized charges! a3326e50-6c1a-4c99-a591-09488e41c736
  8. I need to talk to a live person

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to talk to a live person: i lost my account with my debit card 59496fd9-fb2c-4489-baab-f80ff5b55f75
  9. Why can't I talk to others in a party chat after stitching from xbox live gold to game pass...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I talk to others in a party chat after stitching from xbox live gold to game pass...: It is really strange how I can hear other people talk in the party chat but I can't. And I have tried with 2 different mics and tried both mics for a phone call on my phone and they both work...
  10. Xbox live won't let me message or talk to anyone on live

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox live won't let me message or talk to anyone on live: This gamer Return0fBASH, started harassing me after a match on star wars battlefront 2. And now he has reported after I responded to him because he wouldn't stop. And now I can't use my mic or...