When I start recording with Xbox game bar the computer alt-tabs out of my game.

Discus and support When I start recording with Xbox game bar the computer alt-tabs out of my game. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When I start recording with Xbox game bar the computer alt-tabs out of my game. Every single time this happens the moment i press a button while the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Cobalt BlockBros, Dec 1, 2022.

1. When I start recording with Xbox game bar the computer alt-tabs out of my game.

When I start recording with Xbox game bar the computer alt-tabs out of my game. Every single time this happens the moment i press a button while the recording is ongoing. This of course makes recording the game while playing impossible. It happens if im playing Steam games and so I cannot record. This did not happen on windows 10. I am hoping for a permanent solution not something temporary like clicking to reset/restart the app or repair it. As I recently clicked restart and it worked while recording, but after the recording ended the second I pressed a different button the game alt tabbed again. This happens all the time randomly.

:)

Cobalt BlockBros, Dec 1, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Cobalt

Let’s try to isolate the problem a bit more, please try:

A. Open task manager > select the startup tab > disable all the programs listed there temporarily
    Restart the PC and try again

B. Do a clean boot in your PC and try again
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-t...

C. Reinstall the game bar via powershell command

Right-click on the Start button and select Windows PowerShell (Admin) from the pop-up menu.

Copy and paste the following command in PowerShell and hit Enter to uninstall the Game Bar from your system.

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay | Remove-AppxPackage

Now head over to Microsoft Store and search for Xbox Game Bar, install it and give it a new try

D. Delete the registry keys associated with the game bar :

Press Windows key+R then type regedit and press Enter.
    Go to this path (expand the folders using the little ">")

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR

Once there delete all the keys except (Default), restart your PC and try again

E. Create a new local administrator user in your PC and try from there
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cre...
  3. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Xbox game bar recording stops randomly, how to find back the video?

Hi there Jenny welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. When recording with Xbox Game Bar, it can only record **ONE application at a time**. Example: If you are on the Discord application, start recording, then Alt+Tab to a different application, it **might** stop. So try to avoid switching applications in the middle of your recordings.

If the recording stops at random times **WITHOUT you Alt+Tab -ing to a different application**, unfortunately, there's no clear solution.

I hope this information was helpful to you.
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

Xbox game bar does not record audio after tabbing out

Hello, robin77777. Thanks for reaching out. I'm Lucas, an Independent Advisor and Microsoft Xbox user.

First, let's try to see if basic settings are ok:

Check your Game Bar settings. Press the Start button, then choose Settings. Go to Gaming > Xbox Game bar, then turn on Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar.

When playing a game, press the Windows logo key + G to open Game Bar. Select the Enable gaming features for this app to record gameplay when trying to use gaming features such as broadcasting or capturing.

Your game may be running in full-screen mode. If it's not in full-screen mode, let me know.

Also, what exact do you mean by "tab out"? Is it pressing Alt+Tab to change windows and then getting back to the game?
  5. Lucas Lauer Win User

Xbox game bar does not record audio after tabbing out

Ok, my friend. You can try this, please:

Go to Settings in the Xbox Game Bar, Capturing, then “Audio to Record”. By default it is set as Game. You can change it to All as that includes Game audio, your microphone, apps, etc. This maybe can help to not stop recording when you alt + tab.

If it doesn't help too, please let me know.
  6. Crimson Eclipze Win User

Xbox Game DVR Recording (Windows 10)

Hey Crimson,

I've experienced issues like this in the past and it usually has something to do with a background program. See if there's anything in particular that you have running when it's working compared to when it's not working. Also, alt-tabbing can cause some
    inconsistencies with some games. Think back to when it didn't work, did you alt-tab that session prior to recording?

Hope this helps!
    Yeah actually, I think that's the issue there, I do alt tab but not during the recording, let's say I play for 2 hours I would alt + tab out to reply to a message on discord or look up something and an hour later I would record a clip, guess that's what
    it is then, thanks, but is there any work around other than having to reset my game completely when I alt + tab because usually I have to do that during a game session, if not, that's fine, just looking for any answer with that
Thema:

1. When I start recording with Xbox game bar the computer alt-tabs out of my game. - Similar Threads - start recording game

2. My XBox app on Windows 10 isn't starting up

in XBoX on Windows
    My XBox app on Windows 10 isn't starting up: It was fine before this, but now when I start up the app it stays on the loading screen before closing after a few minutes. I tried the "Repair" option in Settings but all it did was remove the...
  3. Youtube app wont start

in XBoX on Windows
    Youtube app wont start: Youtube app wont start It says “sorry couldn’t connect to youtube” i tried restarting, unplugging for 5,10 and 60 minutes and even overnight , uninstalling, cache delete, everything possible , it...
  4. Unable to start Xbox app on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to start Xbox app on PC: Greetings! Since roughly 2 weeks ago I am unable to start the Xbox PC app and thus unable to access any games through my gamepass. The problem shown is the following: Upon starting up the Xbox...
  5. I’m about to start a class action!

in XBoX on Windows
    I’m about to start a class action!: I have had this issue for a while and I know many others have as well. My series x will read some games but not all, for example the ones I had issues with were red dead redemption and far cry 3....
  6. Xbox app refuses to start need some help.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app refuses to start need some help.: So when i start my xbox app i get an error message saying "cant find program" and then i get a black updating screen stuck on 0% Any ideas how to fix this? submitted by /u/CeilingCrawler...
  7. Every time I record a clip of any game on my Xbox One S it starts to lock up.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Every time I record a clip of any game on my Xbox One S it starts to lock up.: Every time I record a clip of any game on my Xbox One S it starts to lock up. 5e8fc39a-7da8-4bec-bc47-78c4247d67e9
  8. Why does Xbox game bar mute audio when I start a recording?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Xbox game bar mute audio when I start a recording?: When I open Xbox Game bar it never remembers which device I set for default output or input device on either the Mix or Voice tab. When I record a clip or Start a recording it auto mutes and I'm...
  9. Hey I have recently started to record clips for my yt and now it says I have too many but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hey I have recently started to record clips for my yt and now it says I have too many but...: I really need this one clip but since the bug it won’t let me delete old ones I don’t need e42f8eb7-6a56-42d9-8f7a-ccd401739101
  10. Maybe allow mic/ party chat recording for start recording or record that

in XboX Insiders
    Maybe allow mic/ party chat recording for start recording or record that: Hi, I was just wondering if there could maybe be a feature/setting on ‘record that’ or ‘start recording’ where you could include your microphone. Maybe your party if people consent (like when you...