When I put new AA batteries in my controller it won’t turn on?

Discus and support When I put new AA batteries in my controller it won’t turn on? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My controller is pretty much brand new and when I first got it, it was fine and would turn on perfectly. But ever since about 2 months ago when it was... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Kynan Thompson, Apr 30, 2023.

1. When I put new AA batteries in my controller it won’t turn on?

My controller is pretty much brand new and when I first got it, it was fine and would turn on perfectly. But ever since about 2 months ago when it was only 2 months old it never turns on. I put brand new batteries in and nothing happens I put the exact same batteries in another controller and that controller turns on but when I put them back in the original one won’t turn on. Why wont it turn on its 4 months old hasn’t been dropped or anything hasn’t got water spilt on it. Nothing has happened to it but it just won’t turn on.

:)

Kynan Thompson, Apr 30, 2023
  2. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, a fellow gamer. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

Kindly try to connect your controller to a micro USB cable to the console to check if it works for us to isolate the issue further.

If it works using the cable, update your controller on your console, here's how:

If you have one, plug the stereo headset adapter into the bottom of your controller so it can also get updates.

If you're using a stereo headset adapter, plug in a headset (a headset must be plugged in so the adapter will turn on).

Plug the included USB cable into your Xbox’s USB port.

For Xbox Series X, the port is on the front right below the Pair button . For Xbox Series S, the port is on the front left next to the Pair button .

For Xbox One X and Xbox One S, the USB port is on the front under the Power button.

For original Xbox One, the port is on the left side of the console, around the corner from the disc tray.

Plug the other end of the USB cable into the top of the controller.

Instructions to install the update should automatically appear. Follow the instructions, and don’t disconnect the USB cable while the update is in progress. The process can take up to 3 minutes.

If instructions to install the update don’t automatically appear, you can start the process manually. To do this, press the Xbox button  to open the guide, choose Profile & system > Settings > Devices & connections > Accessories, and then select the controller you want to update. On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “…” to check the firmware version for your controller. If it says “Update,” select Firmware version, and then follow the steps provided.

For reference link:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

Please take your time and let me know if it works.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

Since you've already ruled out damage caused by dropping, water or other expose as a reason for failure then the only other possibilities are dirty or failed internal battery contacts or other circuitry that's just gone bad.

Make sure the batteries are installed correctly and that the contacts are clean and making good contact with the device. Sometimes, corrosion or debris can build up on the contacts and prevent the batteries from providing power to the device.

Note that if a poor or faulty battery has caused corrosion, the acid from the battery can get inside the controller circuit board and prevent power being transferred. If left for too long it will burn though the circuit board.

I recommend taking to to an expert repair store and have them take a look inside. Unfortunately, we don't allow discussions regarding self repairs of Xbox consoles or accessories on the forums.
  4. Troy Wilfred Win User

Older Xbox 360 controllers on Xbox 360 E

Well, I think I have isolated it to the battery packs I purchased (4800mAh NiMH). When I put regular batteries in the AA battery cases, they worked like they should. These battery packs are only working correctly with the new type controllers...the old
    controller turn on with the batteries but don't sync with any of my Xboxes (tested on the white and black elite). Very strange. I just got the batteries at Christmas and that is when I got the E Model 360 so it was coincidental that it all happened then.
  5. Rob LeClair Win User

Controller battery critical low

Not possible. There was no battery in them. I play with a plug in. I tested AA batteries to see if it was the right lug but it won’t register batteries with AA
  6. WILK0-98D843A7-6EBD- Win User

Controller stopped vibrating, HELP!?

[quote user="MR DANGLES4"]
    Only original. As stated I have the Xbox brand wireless controller, brand new, with brand new batteries and nothing.

[/quote]When you say brand new batteries do you mean normal AA or Rechargable AA or do you mean the Official Battery Pack, i ask you this because when i used standard AA batteries i had all sorts of problems with controllers, it was only when i switched to
    a battery pack that the problems went away, i know it's strange, my controller would not always sync, or would randomly turn off and i had problems with my mic, so it MAY be the problem with yours, if you have double checked everything else it may be worth
    the chance.

Having said that, you have tried more than one controller so i would suggest it is indeed a SETTINGS problem.
Thema:

1. When I put new AA batteries in my controller it won’t turn on? - Similar Threads - put batteries controller

2. When i try to buy the fortnite crew pass on mobile it asks me to put in my details but it...

in XBoX on Windows
    When i try to buy the fortnite crew pass on mobile it asks me to put in my details but it...: When i try to buy the fortnite crew pass on mobile it asks me to put in my details but it wont let me change my country/ reigon 41f36125-770c-4d8a-81b7-2071d0f26123
  3. Xbox fan is buzzing and squeaking. Will it mess up the Xbox if you put electronic oil on...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox fan is buzzing and squeaking. Will it mess up the Xbox if you put electronic oil on...: My Xbox has randomly started buzzing and squeaking. I have found it out to be the fan and im wondering if it is due to it maybe getting too dry? Would putting electronic oil on the fan possibly...
  4. Xbox controller when wired to PC stops responding every time when put at certain angles

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller when wired to PC stops responding every time when put at certain angles: I plug in my Xbox wireless controller to PC for gaming. Whenever I put it down or it reaches at a level angle, it immediately stops responding (all buttons stop working but the light is on). The...
  5. Xbox series x fan stops spinning when Xbox series x is put to sleep or shutdown mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x fan stops spinning when Xbox series x is put to sleep or shutdown mode: My Xbox series x when I put it in sleep mode or shutdown mode the fan spins for a while and then stops is this normal 081e39ab-0e46-43e1-b854-f1b5840cf204
  6. Hello I put on a 20 dollar gift card on my Xbox but the balance isn't showing please help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello I put on a 20 dollar gift card on my Xbox but the balance isn't showing please help: Hello I put on a 20 dollar gift card on my Xbox but the balance isn't showing please help 87b69d64-4874-4212-8664-2a07504ba6d2
  7. Why is Xbox suspending me for putting up group posts

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is Xbox suspending me for putting up group posts: I put up a group post for a military simulation it banned me for it for a whole week now it's not letting me appeal it either which is just stupid Xbox is killing off one of its bigger audiences...
  8. can you put hr6 rechargeable battery in xbox x controller or are better to use lr6...

in XBoX on Consoles
    can you put hr6 rechargeable battery in xbox x controller or are better to use lr6...: Witch bettery is better to use? 7998dbdb-85d2-4544-a2c2-dd9d7de7dd44
  9. I put Duracell rechargeable AA batteries in my Xbox controller. Why won't they recharge...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I put Duracell rechargeable AA batteries in my Xbox controller. Why won't they recharge...: It seems to me that if the batteries are rechargeable, they should be able to be recharged while installed in the controller. I don't understand, other than greed, why Xbox would require the use...
  10. How do I fix my controller after it turned off I tried USB and I tried to put new batteries...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix my controller after it turned off I tried USB and I tried to put new batteries...: How do I fix my controller after it turned off I tried to use a USB and I tried to put new batteries inside the controller but nothing seems to help to turn it back on can anyone help me with this...