When i press xbox button the menu does not respond

Discus and support When i press xbox button the menu does not respond in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So the new update came out recently , and when i press the xbox button on my controller the menu pops up as usual, but when i try to press rb or move... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DeathAssistant1, Oct 22, 2017.

1. When i press xbox button the menu does not respond

So the new update came out recently , and when i press the xbox button on my controller the menu pops up as usual, but when i try to press rb or move the left stick down to select somthing nothing happens at all, so if im playing a game and i wanna play
    another one im stuck in the game, i press the xbox button and it dosent let me go to home or anything, therefore i have to turn my console off and back on , my console is a bit old and ive tried going to console info and resetting console.

Sidenote: this error only occurs after launching a game most of the time

:)

DeathAssistant1, Oct 22, 2017
  2. jaspermills
    jaspermills Guest
    Xbox Keeps turning itself on

The xbox turns its self on and I have no idea why its doing this. I'm not anywhere near it so its not me accidentally brushing against the on switch. I don't have kinnect or use the instant on function. When I power off I go for full shut down. Also when
    powering off sometimes the menu selection for closing console doesn't respond the controller is working because when I press the A button the on screen menu button flashes. It does eventually respond and then shuts down. Any help would be appreciated.

jaspermills, Oct 22, 2017
  3. Problem

My Xbox is not signing in and every time I press the sign in option on the home screen or the home button on the controller it doesn't but shows an error and asks to go to home and press menu button for help but when I press the menu button it doesn't work
    and the home button is not working but it shows an error. I've tried restarting it but it does not help.???

MagicDegree8886, Oct 22, 2017
  4. WPAK
    WPAK Guest

Hi there,

you said you tried resetting the console to factory defaults, but did that actually succeed or did you encounter problems with that too?

Since that usually should fix the issue if a single power cycle didn't fix the issue.

Let us know the results

5. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

you said you tried resetting the console to factory defaults, but did that actually succeed or did you encounter problems with that too?

Since that usually should fix the issue if a single power cycle didn't fix the issue.

Let us know the results
  6. Chumcicle214 Win User

Multiplayer not working Xbox one

There is no error that pops up. It just doesn’t respond. Like when I go to a multiplayer screen it says to hit a or any button on controller, I do that but nothing. If I press the Xbox button on that controller it will let me access the main menus
  7. DarthLama Win User

My controller will not control

When you press the XBox Button on the controller, does it respond at all? Do you get green lights that just circle around? Or does it do nothing at all?
  8. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

When I press a button it also does the A button

Hi StarTIGS, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Have you tried to check the controller test on the Xbox Accessories App?

Press the Xbox Guide Button > Settings > Devices & Connections > Controllers & Headsets > Enter Test Mode (Click on the Conical/Lab Flask Icon beside the three dots ...).

See if any button is being pressed on its own.
  9. nadineezra Win User

XBox One Getting Stuck doing Offline update

Thanks for the response. To be clear, the console is able to get through the factory reset. I then get to the point where there is the large white controller on screen and you have to press the X followed by the A to get to the set up menu. It is at this point where the console suddenly does not respond to the controller button presses. Does that still sound like a console repair issue?
Thema:

1. When i press xbox button the menu does not respond - Similar Threads - press button menu

2. My RT button bugged it like being press on even tho i don’t my finger on the controller

in XBoX on Windows
    My RT button bugged it like being press on even tho i don’t my finger on the controller: This bugged may be due to me playing on cloud gaming 0edc4b19-cfec-4a50-a583-477e43a4b897
  3. I get this Screen whenever I press the Xbox button to open the menu. Can anyone help me?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I get this Screen whenever I press the Xbox button to open the menu. Can anyone help me?: [img] I get this Screen whenever I press the Xbox button to open the menu. Help d2ceb160-e98e-47ac-9b2c-442ff356f022
  4. Why does my Xbox freeze in one spot and not let me open the menu if I press the menu button...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox freeze in one spot and not let me open the menu if I press the menu button...: Why does my Xbox freeze in one spot and not let me open the menu if I press the menu button my screen just darkens a little and it also freezes a lot Also I forgot to say when I turn it of it’s...
  5. Loaded Subnautica Below Zero on new XBox Series X. Game is stuck on a "press menu button"...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Loaded Subnautica Below Zero on new XBox Series X. Game is stuck on a "press menu button"...: Loaded Subnautica Below Zero on new XBox Series X. Game is stuck on a "press menu button" screen. We have pressed all the buttons and nothing happens. Rebooted Xbox and still nothing. XBox has...
  6. On the menu screen when I press the right button I go right then jump back all the way left...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On the menu screen when I press the right button I go right then jump back all the way left...: On the menu screen when I press the right button I go right then jump back all the way left not letting me log in to my profile how can I fix this 07ec320c-e30c-4f69-a922-7ee6261e0666
  7. The game menu doesn't pop up when I press the Xbox button during gaming?

in XboX Insiders
    The game menu doesn't pop up when I press the Xbox button during gaming?: Hi, I just a new Xbox Series X and I tried a downloaded game, which is fine. But the side menu doesn't pop up when I press the Xbox button? I have to keep pressing and randomly sometimes it...
  8. My menu opens up when I press the view button

in XBoX on Consoles
    My menu opens up when I press the view button: My Xbox menu button opens up when i press the view button on my controller i already restarted my Xbox and it didn't fix it, i don't really know if its my controller or xbox....
  9. Don't know if this is new: When you press the Menu button (3 lines) on the two tiles next...

in XboX Insiders
    Don't know if this is new: When you press the Menu button (3 lines) on the two tiles next...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Survingo [link] [comments]
  10. Tachyon Project,Press A Button and nothing happens just a menu screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Tachyon Project,Press A Button and nothing happens just a menu screen: Seen this was coming to the Nintendo Switch this week and i quite fancied it, i then suddenly thought i have this on the Xbox or the Playstation 4 and sure enough it was in my Xbox...