when i plug in my headset mic monitoring works but there's no in game audio?

Discus and support when i plug in my headset mic monitoring works but there's no in game audio? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Basically when I plug in my headset I can tell my mic is working 100% fine because of my mic monitoring but when I go into a game I cannot hear... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Kelly leigh Celebi, Aug 30, 2022.

1. when i plug in my headset mic monitoring works but there's no in game audio?

Basically when I plug in my headset I can tell my mic is working 100% fine because of my mic monitoring but when I go into a game I cannot hear anything? This started 3 days ago and I have no idea what could of caused it because I have not changed anything and no new equipment.

:)

Kelly leigh Celebi, Aug 30, 2022
  2. DK KaOTiK Win User

Question about Headsets and Xbox One.

I use a BenQ Monitor with HDMI...I also have my Astros A40 plugged in and using my headset for Audio....only thing at this time is the Mic will not work with the Headset....You can use the Headset/Mic they gave for your sound and Mic as well until the adapter
    is released.
  3. Francia J. Win User

Hi Kelly, I hope you're doing great despite the issue you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

To fix this, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

If that didn't work make sure that your controller is updated by following the steps below:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide, select Profile & system > Settings > Devices & streaming > Accessories, and then select the controller you want to update.

2. On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “…” to check the firmware version for your controller.

3. If it says “Update,” select Firmware version, and then follow the steps provided.

And then once you're inside of the game check if your mic monitoring is in 50%.
  4. itzzApoc Win User

Unable to find microphone for these users!

For me, I unplug both the mic and turn off controller then plug them back in.

Then I realise my mic is muted from the headset. I have a Turtle Beach Recon 50x so there is a switch on the wire to mute the mic.

You can also check the audio settings to see if mic monitoring is all the way up.
    I did that and sadly no give. When my headset is plugged in. The only mic i can turn on or off is my kinect.
  5. Listed mia 510 Win User

No sound from Game DVR?

Do any of you with audio issues use third party Mics?

I have been noticing while my headset is plugged in i get no sounds on recordings. But when headset is not plugged in the audio is in the clip
  6. Tezzarrific Win User

this is my last hope. in desperate need of help.

on xbox i just use my trusty turtle beach xo4 or xo7 pro headsets, good mic, the pro has awsome mic monitoring and thumping sound, but i do use the turtle beach adapter with sound settings, the xbox audio controls when plugged directly into the controller
    are horrid.
Thema:

1. when i plug in my headset mic monitoring works but there's no in game audio? - Similar Threads - plug headset mic

2. Audio crackling and cutting out with both xbox wireless headset and earbuds plugged into...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio crackling and cutting out with both xbox wireless headset and earbuds plugged into...: This issue occurs seemingly regardless of game as well as on the menu. If I record the instance when the bug occurs, it will be present in the playback on the xbox, but will be absent on my phone...
  3. Controller disconnects when headset is plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller disconnects when headset is plugged in: Hi, my daughter is trying to play my xbox one when she plugs a headset in it works OK in the fortnight lobby but as soon as a game loads it disconnects the controller. Any ideas? Thanks...
  4. Can i connect the surface headset 2 to an xbox wireless adapter plugged in my xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i connect the surface headset 2 to an xbox wireless adapter plugged in my xbox?: Hello, i want to know if i ca. connect a surface headset 2 to a xbox wireless apdater plugged in an xbox. If so does the mic also work so i can be able to talk to teammates in Call of duty and...
  5. Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?: The moment I plug my headset in to my Razer Wolverine V2 controller the sound mode on my XBOX changes the audio output to stereo uncompressed. The sound output cannot be changed back to any type...
  6. When I plug in my headset in my controller my tv gets a lot louder.

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I plug in my headset in my controller my tv gets a lot louder.: I plug my headset into my controller and my tv gets a lot louder. I’m just wondering why it does this? Is there a way I can keep the loudness without the headset plugged in?...
  7. My HyperX headset won't work. My laptop recognises it to be plugged in, but I can't hear...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My HyperX headset won't work. My laptop recognises it to be plugged in, but I can't hear...: The issue started when I was gaming with some friends, and then around the time I was turning everything off, I noticed that I didn't have any audio. So I tried searching for guides and nothing...
  8. How do I stop my Xbox controller from randomly turning off when a headset is plugged into...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I stop my Xbox controller from randomly turning off when a headset is plugged into...: My Xbox controller turns off intermittently while playing COD and any other game. This only happens when a headset is plugged into the 3.5mm jack and most of the time in party chat. This was...
  9. Mic monitoring resets everytime I plug in my controller and headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic monitoring resets everytime I plug in my controller and headset: Everytime I plug in my wired controller (gamesir g7 se) and my wired headset (steelseries) my mic monitoring is on. The only way I've found to turn if off is to go into a party and go to audio...
  10. My wireless Xbox headset won’t stay on when I have it plugged in and won’t turn on if it’s...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wireless Xbox headset won’t stay on when I have it plugged in and won’t turn on if it’s...: This has happened once before and I did try doing a hard reset on it which I think fixed it the first time, but this time it’s not working. It’s been discharged for a few months but last time I...