When I plug in any earbuds to the xbox controller, there is a high pitched noise and then...

Discus and support When I plug in any earbuds to the xbox controller, there is a high pitched noise and then... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I cant talk to my friends in a party because whenever I plug a pair of earbuds into my xbox one controller then I am able to get out maybe one sentence... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by aTTak zAk, Jul 2, 2020.

1. aTTak zAk
    aTTak zAk Guest

When I plug in any earbuds to the xbox controller, there is a high pitched noise and then...

I cant talk to my friends in a party because whenever I plug a pair of earbuds into my xbox one controller then I am able to get out maybe one sentence (It works fine for a few seconds) and then there is a high pitched noise and the controller turns off.
    If i just use earbuds to listen to game audio and not use the mic any then it works fine. I have tried plugging in 3 different pairs of earbuds in to my controller and all the same result. I have looked online for answers but haven't found anything that worked
    so far so I'm going to make my own post now. Do I need to get a new controller or what can I do to fix this?

Edit: also I use the earbuds to watch videos and play games on my phone and they work fine.

Thanks

:)

aTTak zAk, Jul 2, 2020
  2. UnblockedPenny Win User

When I plug in any earbuds to the xbox controller, there is a high pitched noise and then turns the controller off

this is usually a controller problem i have had the same issue i use the controller that does that for single player gaming and i use my other controller for multiplayer, streaming, etc and this is a common problem and i would recommend buying a new controller

Hope this helped :)
  3. XBF Ezra G Win User

When I plug in any earbuds to the xbox controller, there is a high pitched noise and then turns the controller off

Hello aTTak zAk,

I understand you are experiencing an issue with your Xbox One controller producing a high-pitch noise and shutting off when a headset is plugged in. To troubleshoot this try plugging in a USB cable to the controller and attaching a headset. If the issue
    persists, please use the
    Device Support
    page or the
    Contact Us
    portal to speak to an agent about replacing your controller.

I hope this helps.
  4. iRuizmont Win User

5. Fat Drew1469 Win User

Xbox one small noise

When I have mine on I don't hear a high pitched noise like that. If that helps any.
  6. BigPigGaming112 Win User

Headsets

Everyone posted the answer before me but I have one tip DO NOT USE IPHONE EARBUDS The reason for this is because they switched something with the Aux cord and it doesn't detect the mic right if you try using them in a party it just plays
    a high pitched noise
Thema:

1. When I plug in any earbuds to the xbox controller, there is a high pitched noise and then... - Similar Threads - plug earbuds controller

2. Is it possible to plug in a expansion bay into the ssd expansion port to plug in more than...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to plug in a expansion bay into the ssd expansion port to plug in more than...: Is it possible to plug in a expansion bay into the ssd expansion port to plug in more than one external ssd? Cos I wanna have more than 2tb via ssd because on hdds you have to transfer the newer...
  3. Turtle Beach mic stuck on 1 channel 16 bit 24000Hz when plugged into Xbox controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turtle Beach mic stuck on 1 channel 16 bit 24000Hz when plugged into Xbox controller...: All of my drivers are up to date. I was having an issue with discord not detecting my mic so I ran a test on it and the levels were appearing just not in discord. I gave up on it, then went to...
  4. Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...: My xbox serie s controller keep flashing only when I plug it without battery in the front usb port. 33960497-a9b4-4e58-accf-f100bc718934
  5. Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it my household socket and turned on does it set...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it my household socket and turned on does it set...: Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it in my household socket and turned on does it set sombodys house alarm start blaring thanks in advance 3446b748-880c-421d-b13b-a923768fc288
  6. Audio crackling and cutting out with both xbox wireless headset and earbuds plugged into...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio crackling and cutting out with both xbox wireless headset and earbuds plugged into...: This issue occurs seemingly regardless of game as well as on the menu. If I record the instance when the bug occurs, it will be present in the playback on the xbox, but will be absent on my phone...
  7. If I put my physical game data into a external storage and plug it into my series s could i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I put my physical game data into a external storage and plug it into my series s could i...: So I have an Xbox one s and I feel it’s time to finally upgrade to a new gen console. being the Xbox one s has a disk drive I have a bunch of game disks of games I play. Now I have an external...
  8. I have a thrustmaster Ferrari wheel and I have plugged everything in and I go to turn it on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a thrustmaster Ferrari wheel and I have plugged everything in and I go to turn it on...: I do not know how to solve this da085f7b-3c9d-40d1-a8b5-73b8838119ed
  9. Xbox Series X Wireless Controller can't power on in any capactiy unless it's plugged in...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wireless Controller can't power on in any capactiy unless it's plugged in...: I've also noticed that even the usb is inconsistent and every cord I've used needs to be held at a certain angle to make the controller work. I've already updated the controller's firmware, tried...
  10. My nexigo n60 is plugged into my xbox but it says that there is no camera plugged in I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My nexigo n60 is plugged into my xbox but it says that there is no camera plugged in I...: Please get back as soon as possible let me know if it is compatible 23634d89-6125-4ee4-93ef-7f9bc8b0c902