When I play my friend in 2k he makes the game lag so bad. I opened the dmz and when we play...

Discus and support When I play my friend in 2k he makes the game lag so bad. I opened the dmz and when we play... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; How can block someone for using lag in 2k? I even enabled the dmz and it still didn't work. f31f0e8c-7c2c-43b8-8aea-3bdee6563a65 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by avery Ervin, Mar 25, 2023.

1. avery Ervin
    avery Ervin Guest

When I play my friend in 2k he makes the game lag so bad. I opened the dmz and when we play...

How can block someone for using lag in 2k? I even enabled the dmz and it still didn't work.

:)

avery Ervin, Mar 25, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

When I play my friend in 2k he makes the game lag so bad. I opened the dmz and when we play it still lag's

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Avery, I don't know what device you're playing on, but the lag can usually be processing or internet.

If you're playing 2k, and you're in that person's group and he's in another country for example, you'll connect to his server and that might be laggy depending on where he is.
  3. Kingrobster27 Win User

Connection Problems. Need Help.

So the DMZ will make it stop lagging when i play COD with my wired connection going from the modem to router to xbox?
  4. QU33N BEEZzY Win User

Hack or Equipment Malfunction?

If it is a hack I am not sure how they do it. I had the same thing happen once when I was playing too. Just happened while I was in that lobby. I noticed while playing with friends this guy on the other team was 24/0 and we all know we killed him during
    that game but for some reason it was showing he wasn't killed at all. We are good players and rarely go negative so it was just odd in that match we were all negative bad and he just wouldn't die. Another time whenever my friends and I would go near this
    one particular player we would lag sooo bad, once we were away from that player in the match we were fine. It was only when were near him we would lag. So I do think this game probably does have its share of cheaters. A real gamer doesn't cheat, doesn't
    need to and if you have to cheat you must be a real bad player. Shame it ruins it for the legit players.
  5. Kingrobster27 Win User

Connection Problems. Need Help.

Okay thanks that helped a little because when i search for a game on cod. it usually only finds 10-12 good games, now its finding at least 18. but i dont know if this makes a difference or anything but when i play with friends. i lag a lot more then normal.
    is there a reason for that? or should DMZ fix that to?
  6. JustinDotCom Win User

moderate nat better than open nat?

OP, I have the same router and the same EXACT problem as you. I've tried various firmwares (both stock and custom) and tried DMZ, port forwarding, and upnp but the issue still persists. I get consistent and vicious lag when I have an open DNS vs not doing
    any of the above and having a moderate DNS. I still get some lag, however. I play Halo 4 competitively so lag is very important to me. When you reach a certain skill level, connection speed greatly impacts and separates the good players from the bad and can
    make a good player play bad and a bad player play good.

I don't see any resolution to this problem. I've been trying to figure it out since November of 2012. I think it's a firmware issue with misconfiguration of ports and how the traffic is managed.
Thema:

1. When I play my friend in 2k he makes the game lag so bad. I opened the dmz and when we play... - Similar Threads - play friend makes

2. Play with friends bug now!!!!!!!

in XboX Insiders
    Play with friends bug now!!!!!!!: Play with friends view Activision/Blizzard game in Xcloud we cant play Hope Microsoft resolve it soon! submitted by /u/jontebula [link] [comments]
  3. I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each...: I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each other as friends. How do we do that? abf59fe2-900f-42be-b844-f2bb61d7ff3b
  4. I play via GeforceNow and I don't see friends tab in Xbox bar, so I can't invite or receive...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I play via GeforceNow and I don't see friends tab in Xbox bar, so I can't invite or receive...: This is screenshot of my xbox bar [img] 6bec12a3-bcaf-4d20-9ee7-c675a3a36fb6
  5. How can i play minecraft with friends on xbox 360?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can i play minecraft with friends on xbox 360?: I know that xbox live gold now is game pass core, but i want to be sure that when i will redeem game pass core code i would be able to play online. be780707-f773-462d-b006-4b52ef2c6e44
  6. why can't I play with my friend

in XBoX on Consoles
    why can't I play with my friend: Hi, So I'm having issues with my Minecraft, I keep trying to join my friend's world, but it keeps saying it's an outdated client. I don't know what that means, or how to fix that. I've tried...
  7. Friends haven’t played games but have ?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friends haven’t played games but have ?: So my friend and I play together a lot but now they’ve gone silent. I check their profile and check the game stats and it says they haven’t played any games. When I try to compare it says the same...
  8. How do I play Sea of Thieves with Xbox friends from steam deck?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I play Sea of Thieves with Xbox friends from steam deck?: How to play with Xbox friends?? I'm having an issue playing SOT on steam deck and trying to join an Xbox friend. After wasting a bunch of time trying to get the invite to work in game, I tried...
  9. Why am i not able to join when i play with my friend

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why am i not able to join when i play with my friend: Ive been trying to play with my friend for a while but whenever i join its not letting me. It just says “unable to connect to world” 2ed46b5a-12a5-4e54-9cfe-d5b9098e9fc2
  10. When i try to play Gta online with friends, it trys to make me buy game pass ultimate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When i try to play Gta online with friends, it trys to make me buy game pass ultimate: I am trying to play Gta Online with my friend. Im able to play online with random people and we both own gold, but whenever i try to join his game and vice versa, it trys to get us to buy game...