when i log onto to minecraft it now tells me I can only play demo mode

Discus and support when i log onto to minecraft it now tells me I can only play demo mode in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Split from this thread. I have the same issue, clearly states on my games on Minecraft site I own it. I owned the Minecraft for windows edition.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by theo chamberlain, Jan 25, 2023.

1. when i log onto to minecraft it now tells me I can only play demo mode

I have the same issue, clearly states on my games on Minecraft site I own it.

I owned the Minecraft for windows edition. But unfortunately its been removed from the store and moved to a launcher, and that launcher is telling me to pay again.

:)

theo chamberlain, Jan 25, 2023
  2. Felix Hughes Win User

Hi Tom,

I use a HP Omen Laptop. I last played when the first half of the caves and cliffs update came out. I have tried but I don’t remember my password and when I request a password change it doesn’t send me a recovery email even though I know this is the right email.

Thanks,

Felix
  3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Felix Hughes,

Thank you for your prompt response.

We have identified the issue why it is showing that you can only play the demo mode in Minecraft because of password issue. If resetting the password will not work, we have to recover the right account where the Minecraft game was associated with. If you do not have an alternate email address or phone number added to your security information, then resetting the password will not work. What we can do is to recover the account.

To set your expectation, Microsoft account are managed by a completely automated server, and we do not have manual access to it. To recover the account, we have to go through with the meticulous account recovery process.

To start the account recovery, please refer to this link: Help with the Microsoft account recovery form - Microsoft Support

For your complete guide on how to fill up the form, you may check the post shared by A. User through this link; Recover your Microsoft account using the Online Validation - Microsoft Community

If you have further concerns kindly create a new thread using this link - Create a new question or start a discussion.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Felix Hughes,

Thank you for sharing your concern here in Xbox Community Forum and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are trying to play Minecraft and unable to because it showed that you don't own the game. Let us check on this together and sort this out. Rest assured, we will do anything in our capability to assist you with your concern.

We would like to know more details so we can provide more accurate resolution for you. Please provide answer to the following questions.

1. What device are you using to play Minecraft?
    2. When was the last time you were able to sign in your Minecraft account and play the game?
    3. Have you tried to sign in your Minecraft account through their site? Try to sign in your Minecraft account here, Log in | Minecraft and select Sign in with Microsoft account. Let us know if you can see your game.
    We look forward to your response. We will get more on this once you have provided answers to the needed information.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. SammyVS Win User

I can only play Minecraft demo mode

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

These steps can help you, give it a try.
    Check for updates on Windows Update, update everything including optional/additional updates.
    1. Logout from Xbox app and Microsoft Store app
    2. Look for the Xbox app and Microsoft Store app in the Windows menu, right-click, click app settings and then click terminate, restore and reset. Do this with the launcher and also remove your account from the launcher.
    3. Clear the store cache type ''wsreset'' in the Windows bar, run as admin, and wait for the screen to close and open the store automatically.
    4. Open the Microsoft Store app, click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner>downloads updates>get updates and update everything.
    5. Restart your PC, log in to both apps and see if that solves the problem.
  6. stefanaleksandrov Win User

Only Demo mode available after migrating to microsoft account

Minecraft is installed, only demo mode available, and nothing new. Logged in wit hMicrosoft account and mojang account cant be logged.
Thema:

1. when i log onto to minecraft it now tells me I can only play demo mode - Similar Threads - log onto minecraft

2. I can’t sign back onto my Microsoft Account after minecraft logged me out

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can’t sign back onto my Microsoft Account after minecraft logged me out: Minecraft signed me out of my microsoft account, I try to log back in on the same account it was on and it’s saying it’s already connected and it also says Please Sign in With your previously...
  3. I try to log onto Fortnite on my Xbox but every time it keeps telling me that an unexpected...

in XBoX on Windows
    I try to log onto Fortnite on my Xbox but every time it keeps telling me that an unexpected...: I try to log into my Fortnite from my Xbox but every time I load up it keeps telling me that an unexpected error has occurred while signing in to your account t for Xbox live I don’t know what to...
  4. When I try to log onto my microsoft acc on the design lab it says that my name contains a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When I try to log onto my microsoft acc on the design lab it says that my name contains a...: When I try to log onto my Microsoft acc on the design lab it says that my name contains a symbol that isn't allowed on it a0a277e3-89e7-4702-872f-993ba33259b6
  5. Can someone tell me why can't I log onto my live profile to play .

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can someone tell me why can't I log onto my live profile to play .: I'm trying to log on to my Xbox live link but it just says this profile is not allowed to play on Xbox live pleas help what should I do.. 0a774394-5bd6-4bab-b4da-e9c99dbc8b86
  6. How can I log onto my rewards app on console when it's keeps asking me to update my location?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I log onto my rewards app on console when it's keeps asking me to update my location?: Each time I try to open my rewards app on console it states that I need to update my location and won't allow me to go any further so therefore I have lost my streak and Microsoft support haven't...
  7. I have an issue whenever I log onto fortnite, it says "Login Failed" with no error code or...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have an issue whenever I log onto fortnite, it says "Login Failed" with no error code or...: I am trying to play fortnite, but whenver I load in, it says "Login Failed". I cleared my cache, reinstalled the game 4 times, removed my account and added it back, cleared local storage, and...
  8. How to log onto asphalt 9 using Xbox.

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to log onto asphalt 9 using Xbox.: For some reason, my progress was gone but luckily, I connected my Xbox account. Now I need to log in again. So eed help. I am putting another post because I couldn't find my original post....
  9. when i log onto to minecraft it now tells me I can only play demo mode

in XBoX Accessibility
    when i log onto to minecraft it now tells me I can only play demo mode: I used the same email to set up my xbox account as the one from my java minecraft account and now I can't access my minecraft account and when I log into it it takes me straight to my xbox...
  10. Just migrated. Unable to log onto Minecraft after logging onto the Xbox app. Unable to get...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Just migrated. Unable to log onto Minecraft after logging onto the Xbox app. Unable to get...: Basically, I've wasted a large chunk of my time today trying to get help and I am getting none. I avoided migration as long as possible because I knew MS would screw everything up. I was right. I...