When I hook up power cord to my xbox original does it matter which prong is hot

Discus and support When I hook up power cord to my xbox original does it matter which prong is hot in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Does it matter which side is hot on the power cord hook up on my Xbox original e285f1bb-efb0-4477-85a2-82c92d9acbc4 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JohnDotson3, Jan 12, 2021.

1. JohnDotson3
    JohnDotson3 Guest

Does it matter which side is hot on the power cord hook up on my Xbox original

:)

JohnDotson3, Jan 12, 2021
  2. Mitch041 Win User

Can't Connect to Xbox Live

There is only one router, Just using a wired connection (Both the upstairs and downstairs)

What I meant is when I setup my xbox downstairs I use a different internet cord (Which is hooked up to the same router) and it works then. When I move it to my upstairs, I use a different cord (Which is also hooked up to the same router) but it does not
    work.
  3. MyJewlzHurt Win User

What country is my Xbox from?

The Xbox 360's have had 5 power supply changes. The original 360 had a 203, 175, and a 150 Watt power supply. The 360 Slim uses a 135 Watt PS and the 360E uses a 120 Watt.

If your is the Americas Region (Which is Canada, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, and the United States) then you would have 120V@60Hz.

In the Americas region, you may have a two-prong power supply that has a two-hole power cord or a three-prong power supply that has a three-prong power cord. The part of the power cord that connects to your electrical outlet is the same for Canada, Colombia,
    Mexico, and the United States. But that part is different for Chile.

Supported game regions

(Note GR means Game Region)

GR1 : NTSC

North America and South America (United States, Canada, Mexico, Chile and Brazil)

GR2 : NTSC-J

Asia (Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Singapore and Taiwan)

GR3 : PAL

Europe, South Africa, India, Australia and New Zealand
  4. braveheatz Win User

Xbox one keeps powering off

It could the power cord to turn off the xbox console. Does the power box gets really hot or do you have the right power box and power cord for your xbox console?
  5. KJCAPTAIN420 Win User

My Xbox One S has power to it but my Samsung smart tv is saying that there is no power coming from my console.

If you have another tv in house i would try to hook it up to it and see what results i get. Easy Way to determine if you have a faulty HDMI Cord. If it does work on other tv then you know cord is good and it must be something with the original tv you were
    trying to hook up to.
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

XBOX ONE no reconoce HDMI T.V. LG

Hi Jose,

Thanks for the response. Do you have the original Xbox One with an external power supply or the Xbox One S or Xbox One X that has an internal power supply? Does the Xbox feel hot when it shuts down?

If not, then that is a sign of a failing power supply. Unplug the power cord from the console and also switch power outlets. Leave the console unplugged for a few minutes. Make sure the cable is firmly inserted after you wait a few minutes.
Thema:

1. When I hook up power cord to my xbox original does it matter which prong is hot - Similar Threads - hook power cord

2. Can I play no man's sky in VR with the oculus quest 2 by hooking up the quest to to my Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I play no man's sky in VR with the oculus quest 2 by hooking up the quest to to my Xbox...: Can I play no man's sky in VR with the oculus quest 2 by hooking up the quest to to my Xbox one, or do I need a PC. 278eed54-f2cf-41f9-a49d-bfa117f463bd
  3. How do i get my monitor to hook up to my xbox without it saying out of range

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i get my monitor to hook up to my xbox without it saying out of range: How to get my xbox to hook up to my monitor without saying out of range 2322cf21-144f-41c8-a428-2a0a1edba417
  4. Xbox series X pairing button on consul will not work to hook up controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X pairing button on consul will not work to hook up controller: My son has an Xbox series X, the controllers used to work fine now the only way to play is have it hardwired to consul they will not pair light on Xbox will not go to blink mode after hitting...
  5. Xbox won’t play sound keeps saying tv is set to dvi when clearly im hooked up with hdmi and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won’t play sound keeps saying tv is set to dvi when clearly im hooked up with hdmi and...: Xbox won’t play sound keeps saying tv is set to dvi when clearly im hooked up with hdmi and Xbox won’t play sounds how do I fix this 77d1367c-ecd8-43cd-8997-7655e0b22aa9
  6. So i have my playstation account hooked up to my Microsoft account already. Im wondering if...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So i have my playstation account hooked up to my Microsoft account already. Im wondering if...: I have my kids account hooked up to my playstation family account, am i am i able to hook their microsoft account up to their playstation sub account if i already have my Microsoft account hooked...
  7. Should I hook an Ethernet cable which is connected to my Xbox to my modem or my router?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Should I hook an Ethernet cable which is connected to my Xbox to my modem or my router?: I was just wondering on whether I should hook up an Ethernet - which is connected to my Xbox - to my router or modem. I recently got a new modem which is supposedly to be a lot better than the...
  8. On my xbox on i unplugged it like the power cord and now i cant hook up to my internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    On my xbox on i unplugged it like the power cord and now i cant hook up to my internet: On my xbox on i unplugged it like the power cord and now i cant hook up to my internet 26785b9c-25ab-4d2c-b0bf-7c152051570c
  9. How do I hook up the ATX power supply to the XBox One?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I hook up the ATX power supply to the XBox One?: I have Bought XBox One from the US and now I would like to use it in Europe. As far as I know, XBox One adapters are single voltage operating adapters. Knowing that No one can Source an EU XBox...
  10. How do I hook up the ATX power supply to the XBox One?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I hook up the ATX power supply to the XBox One?: I have Bought XBox One from the US and now I would like to use it in Europe. As far as I know, XBox One adapters are single voltage operating adapters. Knowing that No one can Source an EU XBox...