When I click the guide button on my controller, it doesnt bring up xbox game bar.

Discus and support When I click the guide button on my controller, it doesnt bring up xbox game bar. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Doing win+g brings it up. The setting IS enabled in settings and the Shortcuts Menu in Game Bar. What I've tried: Changing the registry values... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dani Thorpe, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Dani Thorpe
    Dani Thorpe Guest

When I click the guide button on my controller, it doesnt bring up xbox game bar.

Doing win+g brings it up. The setting IS enabled in settings and the Shortcuts Menu in Game Bar.

What I've tried:

Changing the registry values

Toggling the setting on and off

Updating the controller's firmware

:)

Dani Thorpe, Jan 29, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

It sounds like there may be an issue with the configuration of your Xbox controller or the Xbox Game Bar settings.

One thing you can try is resetting your controller's settings by holding down the sync button on the controller while plugging it into your computer, then unplugging it and press the sync button again.

Another option would be to try resetting the Xbox Game Bar settings by going to the Xbox settings and then selecting "Game DVR" and hitting the "Reset" button.

If the problem persists after trying these solutions, you may want to check for updates for your controller

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...
  3. Xurts Win User

Live tv

Hit middle Guide button on the controller.

If that doesn't work., with live TV up, turn on our controller and a button. This will bring a pause TV opyion up at the bottom of the menu. Click on that bud!

Hope I was helpful!
  4. gds1972 Win User

my xbox doesnt turn on

Hi

When this message appears can you press the Xbox button on the controller (not press and hold as this will bring up the turn console off screen) and hopefully the guide menu should appear and you can select the home option where you will see your recent
    games/apps used.

To see all your games when you tap the Xbox button to bring up the guide if you press down it should highlight my games and apps just press A on the controller and all your games will be here. My games and apps is also located on the main home screen.
  5. II DIDIER II Win User

Xbox Game Bar

Hi BrittonP.

The Xbox Gamer Bar works as a monitor to visualize some options within the game. this is why it closes. If you use an Xbox controller to play on the PC, with the button that has the Xbox logo (guide button) you can open the Game Bar with a single click, basically
    it's just a popup menu.
  6. xCoNFuSe Win User

Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 - A button opens Xbox Game Bar

Chiming in -- new controller, same problem with "A" button bringing up game bar. Have an xbox so may try your solution tonight.
Thema:

1. When I click the guide button on my controller, it doesnt bring up xbox game bar. - Similar Threads - click guide button

2. I can’t click on anything, wrote down the information in the details.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t click on anything, wrote down the information in the details.: Hello, I can't open anything on my xbox if I click a it notices it but it does nothing, I’ve tried to press down the Xbox button on the console for 10 seconds, reconnected power source waited 10...
  3. why am i unable to right click on games?

in XBoX on Windows
    why am i unable to right click on games?: so before this issue, i was trying to fix the game bar not running in background and then shortcuts not working. but after i fixed them suddenly whenever i right click on a game in my game library...
  4. I am trying to play minecraft, but when i click microsoft login; it puts a random email for...

in XBoX on Windows
    I am trying to play minecraft, but when i click microsoft login; it puts a random email for...: i am trying to log into my microsoft account with xbox, but it auto-fills a email for me and i cant change it, if i click the little back arrow next to the e-mail it completley exits from xbox. I...
  5. elite 2 core A B X Y buttons missing clicks

in XBoX on Consoles
    elite 2 core A B X Y buttons missing clicks: Hello, I received my new Elite 2 Core a few days ago. Right out of the box, I noticed that the A button misses a click and does not register it. It happens with the X, Y, and B buttons as well,...
  6. If I put the left stick up in the left corner then it won’t click. This is very bad because...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I put the left stick up in the left corner then it won’t click. This is very bad because...: If I put the left stick up in the left corner then it won’t click. This is very bad because I play siege and I need it to aim. Do I send it back for it to be fixed or is there a way I can fix it...
  7. Everytime I click on Microsoft Rewards on my Xbox, it shows an error Service Unavailable.

in XBoX on Windows
    Everytime I click on Microsoft Rewards on my Xbox, it shows an error Service Unavailable.: I live in Slovakia. Can someone help? Thanks. 096dfaae-7f27-41ff-a9a4-a74994d82fec
  8. Why’s is my Xbox series x making a clicking noise then stopping my installations

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why’s is my Xbox series x making a clicking noise then stopping my installations: Hi recently when installing some games my xbox gets about half way then clicks once or twice before stopping the install and I have to manually restart it any idea what this could be? It only...
  9. My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.: EDIT: I am so sorry for wasting anyone's time, turns out that the controller thought that the joystick was always being pressed. and i fixed it by quite literally tapping the back of the...
  10. Two up back buttons aren’t clicking

in XBoX on Consoles
    Two up back buttons aren’t clicking: I got my Xbox elite controler like 3-4 months ago and I just got the back buttons and other stuff and the two top back buttons aren’t clicking great the two under buttons are working fine but not...