When I change to 120hz it just reverts back 60hz

Discus and support When I change to 120hz it just reverts back 60hz in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Monitor is a 165hz monitor 1080p resolution and idk why it just reverts back to 60hz it’s annoying and whenever I change it to 120hz it goes black... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by richardwilliams-789, Jan 17, 2023.

  1. When I change to 120hz it just reverts back 60hz


    My Monitor is a 165hz monitor 1080p resolution and idk why it just reverts back to 60hz it’s annoying and whenever I change it to 120hz it goes black and then about 30 secs later it just goes back to 60hz



    So I don’t have a clue on how to fix plz can sm1 help
    When I change to 120hz it just reverts back 60hz [​IMG]


    :)
     
    richardwilliams-789, Jan 17, 2023
    #1
  2. Georges C. Win User

    When I change to 120hz it just reverts back 60hz

    Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

    My name is welcome to the community.

    Hello Richardwilliams-789, I don't know what kind of monitor or TV it has, but it fails to recognize the capabilities of the console.

    Usually the TV or monitor comes with these settings closed in the HDMI port, try to see in your instruction manual which is the high definition port and also how to access the settings.
  3. CohnerBenton Win User

    Xbox doesn't have a 1440p 60FPS option; can't use 1080p or 1440p HDR on xbox

    I just tried to change it to 1440p 60hz, but it says this resolution isn't supported.

    1080p is available to me in 120hz or in 60hz

    4k is available to me in 120hz or in 60hz

    But,1440p is only available in 120hz?
  4. ngocphi Win User

    When trying to change refresh rate from 60hz to 120hz I get a black screen then it reverts back to 60hz

    Are you sure it supports over hdmi?

    Usually monitors support freesync 1440p 144hz with DVI or display port NOT hdmi
  5. ROBIN H 25 Win User

    When trying to change refresh rate from 60hz to 120hz I get a black screen then it reverts back to 60hz

    I believe that you need to have a monitor that is Freesync and Freesync has to be supported over HDMI, as well as, the monitor needs to have HDMI 2.0 ports and supports 120/144hz, looking at that Dell, being G-sync, it seems to have HDMI 1.4 ports which
    limits it to 1440p at 60hz

    A new monitor is needed if you want 1440p at 120hz,

    Pulled this from a website...

    Nowadays, most of the monitors, TVs, and graphics cards feature at least an HDMI 1.4 port which is enough for 144Hz at 1080p, 75Hz at 1440p, and 30Hz at 4K.

    However, keep in mind that some monitors have limited bandwidth over HDMI 1.4 making it max out at 120Hz
    or even at 60Hz in some cases (mostly G-SYNC and older monitors).


    In fact, most 144Hz monitors are limited to 120Hz over HDMI 1.4, but some monitor manufacturers will use custom timing parameters, pixel rates, etc to use the full potential of the HDMI 1.4 bandwidth thus getting
    144Hz at 1080p.

    So, make sure that the exact monitor you’re looking at supports 144Hz or at least 120Hz over its HDMI 1.4 port –
    or just look for a 144Hz display with HDMI 2.0.

    HDMI 2.0 is also fairly standard and can be used for 240Hz at 1080p, 144Hz at 1440p, and 60Hz at 4K. The latest HDMI
    2.1
    adds native support for 120Hz at 4K UHD and 60Hz at 8K.

    Here the link to the page..

    https://www.displayninja.com/which-cable-do-i-need-for-144hz/
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

    When trying to change refresh rate from 60hz to 120hz I get a black screen then it reverts back to 60hz

    Hi,

    It won't work sorry. The Dell Dell S2716DG doesn't do 120Hz over HDMI


    [​IMG]


    I'm also pretty sure HDMI to display port is a dead end. A cheap HDMI to DP won't work, it has to be an 'Active' HDMI to DP, but also, I'm pretty sure the output device has to be DP capable (Xbox isn't) as well as
    the input.

    You're going to need a different monitor.

    The best advice is to check reviews and look at the online manual's. Only if the manual says 120Hz over HDMI will it work at this refresh on an Xbox One.
Thema:

When I change to 120hz it just reverts back 60hz

Loading...
  1. When I change to 120hz it just reverts back 60hz - Similar Threads - change 120hz reverts

  2. How to see what badges are and change which show?

    in XboX Insiders
    How to see what badges are and change which show?: I am in the beta ring. It seems I should be able to at a minimum be able to see what the badges were for and also should be able to select which 5 are showing? I tried to find it on console, and...
  3. The real reward for accessibility feedback should be meaningful change, not XP.

    in XboX Insiders
    The real reward for accessibility feedback should be meaningful change, not XP.: I want to raise a separate point about the way accessibility feedback is handled in the Xbox Insider program. When I completed an accessibility survey, I was told I would receive XP for doing it....
  4. Is anyone else upset about the cloud gaming changes?

    in XboX Insiders
    Is anyone else upset about the cloud gaming changes?: Hopefully this is an okay place to give feedback that will be seen. This feels like a breach of trust from someone who has had game pass for a long time and has spent a lot of time playing games...
  5. Regarding Upcoming Xbox Cloud Gaming Changes

    in XboX Insiders
    Regarding Upcoming Xbox Cloud Gaming Changes: As someone who enjoyed my time with the ad supported cloud streaming enough to subscribe to game pass essential, the update regarding cloud streaming being limited is extremely disappointing. For...
  6. Hilp me Please help me resolve the issue of needing to change the store region. on xbox

    in XboX Insiders
    Hilp me Please help me resolve the issue of needing to change the store region. on xbox: Please help me resolve the issue of needing to change the store region. on xbox submitted by /u/Fabulous_Stock_5066 [link] [comments]
  7. La nouvelle MAJ (bêta/delta) Xbox change tout !

    in XboX Insiders
    La nouvelle MAJ (bêta/delta) Xbox change tout !: Étant abonné insider, disposant de deux console Xbox séries ( S & X) L’une insider version bêta (séries S) L’autre version Oméga (Séries X) J’ai une connexion 5G box en France . (230Mb/s max)...
  8. Did Xbox recently change how achievement completion percentages are rounded?

    in XboX Insiders
    Did Xbox recently change how achievement completion percentages are rounded?: Has Xbox changed how achievement completion percentages are rounded/displayed recently? For years my Halo Infinite completion showed as 68% with 1365G earned. Recently it suddenly changed to 67%...
  9. Xbox should let us change gamertags for free after the first time

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox should let us change gamertags for free after the first time: I’ve been on Xbox for years, and I think it’s time we get more flexibility with our gamertags. People grow and change—our names should be able to change with us. Other platforms are starting to...
  10. How to change country region in Xbox Website ?

    in XboX Insiders
    How to change country region in Xbox Website ?: When I m trying to pay for subscription I need to fill in my billing address. But I can't do it cause my region is locked on the US and I can't change it somehow. Ive tried to change address on...