When I buy a game on the Xbox store do I receive a digital code?

Discus and support When I buy a game on the Xbox store do I receive a digital code? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Wanting to buy Portal: Still Alive as a gift for someone, but there's no gift option. Does buying it give me a code he can redeem on his Xbox One or... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MochaMunch, Nov 26, 2022.

1. MochaMunch
    MochaMunch Guest

MochaMunch, Nov 26, 2022
  2. Smwutches Win User

If you buy it, it will be tied to your account. Unfortunately 360 games don't offer the gifting option.
  3. KenLee89 Win User

Gears of War 4's promotional Xbox 360 games collection codes do not work

Ok, then why do i have the option to buy a digital copy of each game, including Gears 1 and 3?

If i go to the store on my xbox one console, i have the option to buy the game.

So i can buy them from the xbox store but i cannot use a redeem code for them.

Also, when inserting the Gears 1 disc, it downloads the digital game on my xbox one as per the console's requirements.

Where does that download come from?
  4. Fizzle Wizzle Win User

Selling XBOX One with digital games

I bought 1 game online for the 360, beat it in a couple days and realized I couldn't sell it or do anything with it and that's when I learned buying digital downloads is stupid, they cost the same price as they do at the store except there is $0 to be made
    from it when you're done. No trade in value, nothing. If Xbox wanted they could do a game transfer system, each digital copy comes with a transfer code and whoever puts the code in their Xbox its their game and they get a new code in case they want to sell
    it later.
  5. Hordie Win User

OVERWATCH : Let's Be Clear on This

Hi L0RD Vapor,

Are you referring to the WoW, Star Craft, ect., items? If so you don't get the items until May 24th. If you buy a physical copy of the game these codes are included inside the game. If you purchase digital I would imagine that's when you can link your game
    with Battle.net, and then get the code. See the Blizzard blog post on
    digital items here

Q. What if I digitally pre-purchase Origins Edition from the PlayStation Store or Xbox Games Store?

A. Players who digitally pre-purchase Origins Edition from the PlayStation Store or Xbox Games Store will be eligible to receive their in-game goodies starting on May 24.
  6. SammyVS Win User

Email saying I was sent a gift card

I don't think these are real emails. You receive the 25-digit code to activate in your account when you buy the gift card from the Microsoft Store and it doesn't expire either.
Thema:

1. When I buy a game on the Xbox store do I receive a digital code? - Similar Threads - buy game store

2. Can I use a one for all gift card to buy a game on the Microsoft store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I use a one for all gift card to buy a game on the Microsoft store: Can I use a one for all gift card to buy a game on the Microsoft store. And if so how do I do that? 5112aeb9-2c7c-43cf-8e7c-96d04b001e66
  3. Microsoft store says I need to buy game when I was already owned and playing for months

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft store says I need to buy game when I was already owned and playing for months: I bought cyberpunk 2077 with phantom liberty dlc was playing for like 2 months then the dlc gets released. Now it says I need to buy cyberpunk 2077 to play game. But I already owned it and was...
  4. If I buy a game from the Xbox store, can my son access it with his game account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I buy a game from the Xbox store, can my son access it with his game account?: If I buy a game from the Xbox store, can my son access it from his game account? 7fc65e24-04a2-41e2-b7b3-d3039c3907a5
  5. Can i add my Pakistani Debit or credit card in microsoft store to buy games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can i add my Pakistani Debit or credit card in microsoft store to buy games: I lived in karachi pakistan and i have an id of microsoft through which i had login into my xbox and pc dffb999b-fd44-4b89-98b8-498ef194dde1
  6. Please add UPI system to buy games from Microsoft store including Xbox pass

in XboX Insiders
    Please add UPI system to buy games from Microsoft store including Xbox pass: I have only Rupay card and dont plan to get any other card , Here In india we only use UPI system , ( google pay and paytm) Please add the system In your Store as every other Company provides it...
  7. i put $15 in my childs account, now the microsoft store wont let him buy the pc game pass....

in XBoX Accessibility
    i put $15 in my childs account, now the microsoft store wont let him buy the pc game pass....: when my child tries to purchase the pc game pass it keep saying that parental approval is needed, but that they have no way to contact me and there are other ways like asking for it. the whole...
  8. I have a laptop that have strong wifi can i buy game from xbox store in xbox series s and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a laptop that have strong wifi can i buy game from xbox store in xbox series s and...: I have a laptop that have strong wifi can i buy game from xbox store in xbox series s and download games files in my laptop then transfer the files to my xbox series s?...
  9. Buying a pc game on microsoft store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Buying a pc game on microsoft store: Hi everyone I have a gaming pc. I do not have an xbox I was wondering if i buy a game labeled ''playable on pc'' on the xbox / microsoft store can it run directly on my pc's hardware ? Will it...
  10. In Microsoft Store, the games I want to buy have their descriptions grayed out so I can't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    In Microsoft Store, the games I want to buy have their descriptions grayed out so I can't...: I have recently downloaded games from Microsoft Store, but today when I try to all the descriptions (including the "get" button) are grayed out. What's going on? babeac2c-a762-421d-ac61-bbdaa4564509