When doing the offline system update (OSU1) Will it factory reset on its own? If so, does...

Discus and support When doing the offline system update (OSU1) Will it factory reset on its own? If so, does... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I still am wondering about this E106 thing and I am just making sure that I do not want to erase my data from games. But my real question is if I do... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Andrew Bodrov, Jun 11, 2024.

1. When doing the offline system update (OSU1) Will it factory reset on its own? If so, does...

I still am wondering about this E106 thing and I am just making sure that I do not want to erase my data from games. But my real question is if I do the OSU1, Will it factory reset on its own and will it remove my games as well (making it so I have to buy games again) Or does it keep the games?

:)

Andrew Bodrov, Jun 11, 2024
  2. Gerardo CG Win User

When doing the offline system update (OSU1) Will it factory reset on its own? If so, does it do the factory reset but keeps the games or the version when it deletes everything.

Hi there Andrew, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player, just like you. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

Performing an offline update will reset the console to its factory settings and uninstall the apps and games that were installed on the console. However, you will not lose your purchases or game progress. You will need to sign in with the account where you purchased the games using your email and password. You can then re-download the games from your library, and the progress will sync automatically when you launch them.

I hope this helps and if you have further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  3. - AJ - Win User

when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash

Hi, Yosof! Thank you for your reply.

An offline factory reset uses a much smaller file than the ones used in offline system updates.

For your reference:

- This is the file used in an offline factory reset: https://www.xbox.com/xboxone/restorefactorydefaults

- These are the files used in an offline system update depending on the Xbox model you are using: OSU1 [ https://www.xbox.com/xboxone/osu1 ], OSU2 [ https://www.xbox.com/xboxone/osu2 ], and OSU3 [ https://www.xbox.com/xboxone/osu3 ].

* The links above will automatically trigger a download for each file.

** OSU2 and OSU3 are only used with the Original Xbox One. This is mentioned at https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/offline-system-update

All four files are different, and while an offline system update is recommended for E101 and other startup errors, E102 calls specifically for a factory reset, or an offline factory reset using the file above.

I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
  4. 03a80029-3bdc-4ea0-9 Win User

Xbox One disconnecting the controller and Internet connection (Wi-Fi & cable) when using the console

Hiya!

The best thing to do would be to do a repair on the console. When performing a factory reset on the console that fixes most issues. If even after performing an

offline system update
    the issue persists then as George said the best thing to do is to submit the console for repair.

Happy Gaming!

Paul Xbox Forums Team!
    Hey Paul, I already did a factory reset on the console and an offline system update (OSU1) - and unfortunately, the problem persists after some time using the console.

The repair here at Brazil is so expansive, I can't pay for that. There isn't anything different that I can do?
  5. Just a Volunteer Win User

Pointless since no real support but can't access my Xbox Series X or S since 24hrs and nothing works

"Done all trouble shooting, reset Xbox, updated firmware offline same problem"

If your console is enrolled in a Insiders preview OS you cannot use OSU1 (offline system update) to recover the console from E206 error.

Factory refresh the console keeping games and apps.

If you are NOT in a Insiders preview and want to attempt an offline system update, make sure you disconnect your wired ethernet connection before starting OSU1.

Personally I wouldn't bother with offline update and go straight to Factory refresh deleting everything if keeping games and apps fails to reset the console.

After factory refresh, reconnecting your console to your network should start a system update download to the latest OS available.

See also ....Whats new system updates in the Hardware section of Xbox support articles and /or search for E206 on that site.
  6. Gerardo CG Win User

Is the OSU1 (Offline system update) same thing as factory reset?

Hi there Andrew, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player, just like you. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

It's not the same, but it's very similar. An offline update installs the console's operating system from scratch because the latest version of the operating system is downloaded onto an external storage drive and then installed on the console.

After the procedure is completed, the same thing happens as when you reset the console to its factory settings, meaning you'll need to set up the console and sign in with your account. Your games and their progress won't be lost; you'll just need to add your account back with your email and password.

In fact, this procedure is recommended if the E106 issue is not resolved simply by resetting the console to its factory settings.

I hope this helps and if you have further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
Thema:

When doing the offline system update (OSU1) Will it factory reset on its own? If so, does...

1. When doing the offline system update (OSU1) Will it factory reset on its own? If so, does... - Similar Threads - doing offline system

2. when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash

in XBoX on Consoles
    when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash: when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash i formatted it to ntfs and installed the osu1 extracted it put it in the flash and then plugged my...
  3. My USB isn't reading so I can do and offline update the option just stays unavailable

in XBoX on Consoles
    My USB isn't reading so I can do and offline update the option just stays unavailable: Update error 0x00000201 can somebody help me can't do an update after resetting my game and I can't do an offline update I'm connected to the internet but it still just doesn't work...
  4. How to do an offline system update on Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to do an offline system update on Xbox 360?: Hi! Recently got an Xbox 360 and Kinect. The console says I need to update to use the Kinect but I do not have a network connection in the room the Xbox is in. Does anyone know how to do an...
  5. Why is my xbox not detecting my usb after trying to do 3 offline updates

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox not detecting my usb after trying to do 3 offline updates: recently my xbox one x hard drive has failed, i have purchased a new one, i formatted the new hdd and plugged it into the console, i made a usb, formatted to ntfs, installed osu1, i tried doing...
  6. Doing offline system update, console shut down as expected. It's been 15min and hasn't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Doing offline system update, console shut down as expected. It's been 15min and hasn't...: Was on step 2 at 57 percent complete c584bb00-39a9-48b1-af5f-a221cd4c2564
  7. Xbox One S has no output, can't do offline update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S has no output, can't do offline update.: My Xbox One S console was previously shut off during an update. (It hung in the middle of the update for multiple hours). I followed the guide for doing an offline update, but I can't get into the...
  8. What to do when your Xbox on s refuses to update and you don't have a flashdrive to offline...

in XBoX on Consoles
    What to do when your Xbox on s refuses to update and you don't have a flashdrive to offline...: What to do when your Xbox on s refuses to update and you don't have a flashdrive to offline update? ec197dba-d87a-4560-9b2f-b7939095be0c
  9. My wired internet connection keeps randomly kicking me offline, what do I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wired internet connection keeps randomly kicking me offline, what do I do?: I previously posted and the solution did not work, but I attend a University and my internet is great but the wired connection will randomly kick me offline. My internet and Ethernet cord are all...
  10. Why do I get a warning message that I am offline on my Xbox series s when I try to play...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I get a warning message that I am offline on my Xbox series s when I try to play...: On my Xbox series s, I keep getting a warning message that I am currently offline whenever I try to begin a flight on Microsoft flight simulator. I was able to download the game with gamepass and...