When does an inactive accounts gamertag become available?

Discus and support When does an inactive accounts gamertag become available? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I’ve been checking the same account for around 6 years now because I want the gamertag. The account hasn’t earned an achievement or played a new game... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Requix, Mar 3, 2025.

  1. Requix
    Requix Guest

    When does an inactive accounts gamertag become available?


    I’ve been checking the same account for around 6 years now because I want the gamertag. The account hasn’t earned an achievement or played a new game since 2014. When will it become available?

    :)
     
    Requix, Mar 3, 2025
    #1
  2. Smwutches Win User

    When does an inactive accounts gamertag become available?

    There's no way to know exactly how inactive an account is since they can be used on more than just Xbox. So there's no way to know ahead of time when the tag will be freed up.
  3. Ryan Parmelee Win User

    How would I switch a Gamertag between accounts if it's over twelve characters in length?

    It doesn't become available until 10 years. Gamertags are recycled every 10 years
    I'm not sure if you understood my question. I know that inactive Gamertags become available after many years but every source I've looked at says that a Gamertag is released as soon as the account it's connected to does a Gamertag change.
  4. Geth Win User

    gamer tags

    I believe when they released some of the original gamertags a few years ago they announced that after a certain time of inactivity, certain gamertags would become available.
  5. bowski477 Win User

    Gamer tag

    Unfortunately you cannot request the gamertag if it is already in use. However the user is required to sign in once every 5 years for the account to remain active. If they do not it may become available in the future. Remember that there are other MS services
    that use MS accounts and gamertags. So just because it's not active on Xbox does not mean it is inactive.
  6. DrifterX22 Win User

    Inactive Accounts

    Does not matter if an account is inactive or not gamertags are only purged and made available rarely by Microsoft.
Thema:

When does an inactive accounts gamertag become available?

Loading...
  1. When does an inactive accounts gamertag become available? - Similar Threads - does inactive accounts

  2. Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?

    in XboX Insiders
    Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?: I play a lot of cross platform games and something really funny happened so I recorded it and I just heard myself….. I was so sad that the other half of the audio was gone. I was play Arma...
  3. Does trying the update reset your Xbox?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does trying the update reset your Xbox?: I’ve recently been getting super into the Original Xbox recently, and when I heard that the latest update preview allowed people to customize their startup animation, I was hoping to try it so I...
  4. The Achievements panel in the Profile section does not occasionally show achievements

    in XboX Insiders
    The Achievements panel in the Profile section does not occasionally show achievements: El panel de Logros en la sección Perfil a veces no muestra los logros. A veces muestra un error que indica que no se pudo cargar el archivo, otras veces muestra los juegos jugados pero sin logros...
  5. Does forza horizon 2 and 3 work with the disc to digital for anyone

    in XboX Insiders
    Does forza horizon 2 and 3 work with the disc to digital for anyone: I keep getting a popup saying Digital license unavailable, I dont know if its just a bug or if it just doesn't work submitted by /u/LaneT2012 [link] [comments]
  6. Does Game Share work with Disc to Digital games?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does Game Share work with Disc to Digital games?: I asked this elsewhere but I figured I should post it here too. Just curious if Game Share works with disc to digital. My brother in law and I want to try it since we used to game share before....
  7. Does anyone have a list of games working on digital licence

    in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone have a list of games working on digital licence: Have tried a few discs and some don't work so does anyone know if there's an official list or is it non confirmed submitted by /u/Chriswhutey [link] [comments]
  8. Does unlisted games work for disc to digital?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does unlisted games work for disc to digital?: I’ve tried using disc to digital on old games that are now delisted on the Xbox store does that mean I can’t get a digital license for games that are delisted forever or is that just because they...
  9. Xbox Insiders Community does not feel welcoming

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Insiders Community does not feel welcoming: Gotta be honest, as a huge Xbox fan, I’m disappointed. I’m a busy dad with work commitments who joined Insider excited to give my spare time to Xbox, test things, report bugs and hopefully make a...
  10. Does anyone know what time disc to digital comes out for insiders / what time updates...

    in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone know what time disc to digital comes out for insiders / what time updates...: Just curious if I should expect to be able to start the download before leaving for work. Thanks! submitted by /u/Bidoof117 [link] [comments]