What’s wrong with my battery pack/controllers

Discus and support What’s wrong with my battery pack/controllers in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’m trying to use a new controller with my rechargeable battery pack but it won’t turn on with the pack, the pack still works perfectly fine with the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ChaseBelles1, Feb 26, 2023.

1. ChaseBelles1
    ChaseBelles1 Guest

I’m trying to use a new controller with my rechargeable battery pack but it won’t turn on with the pack, the pack still works perfectly fine with the old controller, and the new one works perfectly fine with regular batteries and even rechargeable batteries

:)

ChaseBelles1, Feb 26, 2023
  2. John P_14 Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

There could be a problem with the rechargeable battery pack or the controller's battery compartment. Kindly try the following and see if it helps:

1. Check that the battery pack is properly inserted: If the battery pack is not properly inserted, the controller will not turn on. Check that the battery pack is securely connected to the controller and that the contacts are clean and debris-free.

2. Inspect the controller's battery compartment: Inspect the controller's battery compartment to ensure that there are no damaged or corroded contacts. If you notice any damage, you may need to replace the controller or contact the manufacturer for repairs.

3. Check the charge level of the battery pack: Before attempting to use the battery pack with the new controller, ensure that it is fully charged. If the battery pack is not fully charged, it may not be able to turn on the controller.

4. If the preceding steps do not work, try using a different rechargeable battery pack with the new controller to see if it works. If it does, the original battery pack may be defective and must be replaced.
  3. TWR Dodge Win User

new xbox slim controller wont charge.

the battery pack fits as in clips in but it seems as if the controller does not recognise it as a battery pack (i mean the controller what came with the slim). the battery pack works fine as i have tried it on a older controller (a controller from my previous
    console but one i brought like 2 months ago). the battery does not power the controller nore does it get charged by the controller when the cable is plugged in. the charge cable fits in fine and powers the controller when it is plugged in. there is nothing
    wrong with the battery or cable it is the new controller what has been made not to fit the old battery pack so Microsoft make more money as you have to buy a new charge kit. its a robbery unless its my new controller what is not working properly then i will
    more then happily send it away to get repaired with no expense from me as it has never worked from the start and do not believe i should pay for something to be fixed what was broke when it was shipped in that condition.
  4. Nursemorph Win User

Rechargeable batteries

But then if it;s the wrong battery pack, it shoudn't work with either controller ...the fact it works in one but not the other points to an issue with the second controller

The Xbox One Venom battery pack won't even fit in the Series X controller (or at least not without trimming bits off it)..as the OP can fit the pack with no issue, it suggests it's the right battery pack. Unless Venom have released more than one battery pack for the Series X?
  5. S1mplyPr1celess Win User

Contoller shuts off when I press right trigger

Is your battery pack loose? Try a different battery pack on it and see what happens or switch battery pack with another controller.
  6. Photonimus Win User

Unboxing Xbox One

What about the battery pack... Could I use my packs on this new controller?
Thema:

1. What’s wrong with my battery pack/controllers - Similar Threads - What’s wrong battery

2. something went wrong with your party chat try again later. is what my xbox game bar says

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    something went wrong with your party chat try again later. is what my xbox game bar says: Game bar parties not working 0x00000000 something went wrong try again - Microsoft Community I've pretty much done everything this guy has done in this link beside solution 3 which really doesn't...
  3. What do I do if I redeemed vbucks to the wrong account?

in XBoX on Windows
    What do I do if I redeemed vbucks to the wrong account?: How do I transfer the vbucks back to the right account? 8b13da4f-5377-4212-a1b0-1e230087194a
  4. Can some one explain what I did wrong here?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can some one explain what I did wrong here?: Name of Ark server: ark savages. It's a 4 man tribe molded ark server. I posted "Ark savages 4 man come try it out" My account got banned. I've been with xbox live for over 15 years never had...
  5. What to do if I claim Xbox gift card on the wrong account

in XBoX on Windows
    What to do if I claim Xbox gift card on the wrong account: I accidentally claimed my $20 Xbox gift card on the wrong account and I am trying to get it onto my main account 24c0ca6d-0f2a-4531-ab80-d7845238922d
  6. What’s wrong with my console

in XBoX on Consoles
    What’s wrong with my console: I have had my Xbox one for almost 6 years, and I haven’t had any issues until about 2 weeks ago. When I try to sign in and load up the home menu, it takes forever and gives me a pop up that says...
  7. What is wrong with Xbox support?

in XBoX on Windows
    What is wrong with Xbox support?: Been trying to contact Xbox support for 11 hours. Call backs are not able to be completed and no chat service is available. This has been going on for 11 hours! Why is it so difficult to...
  8. What can you do when Microsoft wrongfully locks your account, restricting access to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What can you do when Microsoft wrongfully locks your account, restricting access to...: Hello Community, Dec 19th, my son's account was stolen using software that bypassed Microsoft security protocols. This was immediately reported to Microsoft via multiple avenues (live chat, and...
  9. What is wrong with external hardware?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What is wrong with external hardware?: Why would Microsoft not allow some games to be played on external hard drives. I have had the same one for years and moved it to my new Series X. I went to play Halo Infinite again on the new Xbox...
  10. What is wrong with my Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is wrong with my Xbox Series S: My Xbox isn’t making noise when I turn it on and when it is on it isn’t showing up on my tv although it is on the correct HDMI. 3a5d41ae-3b26-49d2-9cea-688511f8be05