What's the ideal FoV for games if I'm sitting 4ft away from my 32" 4K Monitor?

Discus and support What's the ideal FoV for games if I'm sitting 4ft away from my 32" 4K Monitor? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I've always wondered this as I'm never sure what to set FoV to in games that let you change it like Borderlands 3 or Battlefield. I usually sit on my... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/MasterkillerX, Jan 13, 2020.

  1. What's the ideal FoV for games if I'm sitting 4ft away from my 32" 4K Monitor?


    I've always wondered this as I'm never sure what to set FoV to in games that let you change it like Borderlands 3 or Battlefield. I usually sit on my bed 4 feet (almost exactly) from my 32 inch monitor. I imagine resolution isn't a factor, just sitting distance and screen size, right? I'd like to know where I should put FoV at for all games. I'm thinking lower like around 75-80, but any suggestions or insight is appreciated. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/MasterkillerX
    [link] [comments]
     
    /u/MasterkillerX, Jan 13, 2020
    #1
  2. ROBIN H 25 Win User

    Monitors and tv

    Its depends on how much room / space and budget one has,

    for an Xbox One X,

    Ideally its worth getting a 4K screen, for a TV i would say anything beyond 32", and a Monitor, anything beyond 27",

    I myself have a Samsung 50" 4K HDR TV, and a Asus 27" 4K Monitor,

    I use my TV for 4K movies and the Monitor for 4K gaming on.
  3. marknally Win User

    What's the minimum size TV I can get to enjoy 1080p on Xbox One?

    I'm going to go against the flow here, I recently picked up a 50" for gaming and sit about 2ft away, looks awesome to me lol.

    I also have a 40" in the lounge for TV which I sit about 4ft away from that's great too.
  4. J.R.G. Win User

    What's the minimum size TV I can get to enjoy 1080p on Xbox One?

    A lot would probably depend on your eyesight. I mostly game on a 32" and sit about 5' to 6' away; if I'm playing on the 55",probably 10' away. My friend has a 73" and is sits about 6' to 7' away from the screen, while wearing glasses no less...much to close
    for my tastes. Lol.

    Peace, J.R.
  5. Korhog Win User

    Monitors and tv

    it depends from resolution

    4k 55-60" TV

    2k 27-32" Monitor
  6. BrianGunter Win User

    TV size

    I sit about 9 feet away from my 82" TV... Can't imagine sitting that far from a 32" TV though.
Thema:

What's the ideal FoV for games if I'm sitting 4ft away from my 32" 4K Monitor?

Loading...
  1. What's the ideal FoV for games if I'm sitting 4ft away from my 32" 4K Monitor? - Similar Threads - What's ideal FoV

  2. Not Exactly Sure What Catagory To Report This Bug in

    in XboX Insiders
    Not Exactly Sure What Catagory To Report This Bug in: I am an insider beta, I recently joined the insider beta. Yesterday we got the system, startup animation update, and I applied the Xbox one X version because that was my favorite by far and when...
  3. Beta Update ring - What is this new weekly streak thing added in the update?

    in XboX Insiders
    Beta Update ring - What is this new weekly streak thing added in the update?: What is this new streak thing added in the update? I opened a game after installing the new update and I got a notification telling me something about a weekly streak being started and now there’s...
  4. How to see what badges are and change which show?

    in XboX Insiders
    How to see what badges are and change which show?: I am in the beta ring. It seems I should be able to at a minimum be able to see what the badges were for and also should be able to select which 5 are showing? I tried to find it on console, and...
  5. What are the requirements for going from the Beta to Alpha insider ring?

    in XboX Insiders
    What are the requirements for going from the Beta to Alpha insider ring?: I have been an insider for around 6 1/2 years (been on the beta ring for 1/2 a year) and I was wondering what the requirements for the alpha ring were. All the Xbox support article says is that it...
  6. What would happen if I redeemed the disc to digital and destroyed the disc?

    in XboX Insiders
    What would happen if I redeemed the disc to digital and destroyed the disc?: I wanna know just in case in the future a disc stops working. submitted by /u/Serious_Revolution77 [link] [comments]
  7. Heyy, quick question about updates in the Omega ring. When it says mandatory time, what...

    in XboX Insiders
    Heyy, quick question about updates in the Omega ring. When it says mandatory time, what...: I ask because I haven't received the update for the Disc to Digital feature yet despite being in the Omega program. I looked on a site and it said the mandatory time is 3 PM Pt on September 2....
  8. I tested all the games I own with disc to digital. Here’s a list of what worked and didn’t.

    in XboX Insiders
    I tested all the games I own with disc to digital. Here’s a list of what worked and didn’t.: I noticed that none of my Sega, Bandai Namco, Square Enix, and Ubisoft games were supported, yet. Supported: The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Special Edition Extinction Titanfall 2 Stray Mortal Kombat...
  9. How I got disc to digital working and what games I can play on my PC

    in XboX Insiders
    How I got disc to digital working and what games I can play on my PC: There's been a fair few confusing threads on this in the build up to the alpha/beta release today, so hopefully this helps out those who are interested in disc to digital. Pre-requisites: You...
  10. What is your Ideal Game?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    What is your Ideal Game?: I would create a version of gta that is set in the UK 2ca269a9-8c17-445c-8257-3794d0b1e5d2