What's the catch with Device Control? Can't get any of my devices to work with it.

Discus and support What's the catch with Device Control? Can't get any of my devices to work with it. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Is there an additional piece of kit you need (Kinect or something)? Does the Xbox need line of sight to reach my devices? Is there a definitive list of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by zappb, Jul 9, 2020.

1. zappb
    zappb New Member

What's the catch with Device Control? Can't get any of my devices to work with it.

• Is there an additional piece of kit you need (Kinect or something)?
    • Does the Xbox need line of sight to reach my devices?
    • Is there a definitive list of remote codes online anywhere?
    I have my Xbox in a media cabinet, with the doors closed, but the doors have big glass windows, which remote signals should be able to pass through.
    Next to my Xbox is my LG blu-ray player which is also a 5.1 audio system. The Xbox is connected to this by Optical cable. Instead of a TV I use a projector, which is sat on the opposite side of the room, about 9 feet from the Xbox.
    LG blu ray player / 5.1 receiver is model BH6620P (which isn't listed anywhere on Xbox's list of models)
    Projector is an Optoma HD600x-LV (which also isn't listed anywhere on Xbox's list of models. There's an HD60x-LV listed, but that's a model number Optoma has never even produced - so WTF is that about?)
    I've tried using the nearest model numbers available, and set them up to all turn off/on when the Xbox does, but neither of them do anything. Any idea what's wrong with this?
    Thanks

zappb, Jul 9, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. 0_mnml_0 Win User

Controller not recognised

I haven't had any issues with the controller on any other games outside of Xbox PC (Beta)

I managed to get it working in the end by using InputMapper and setting:

Input Device = Any controller

Output Device = 360 Controller
  3. the louster2903 Win User

Device control not working

thanks for all the help guys, this forum is great
  4. DaermonGarrigus Win User

Xbox Elite Controller 2 will not connect VIA usb or Bluetooth to my pc

My mistake, i failed to mention it was the version 2. Also it doesn't work wired or wireless with my pc. Pc doesn't see it wia Bluetooth and says that device has faied to be recognized. Yet works fine with the Xbox.
    Gotcha, does it show up under device manager as failed device (or not working) Control Panel > Device Manager (will like appear under Human Interface Devices). If it does, try uninstalling it from there and removing drivers and try installing it again.

Yup, that was my first thing I did. Uninstalled, reinstalled, disabled, enabled. Ran windows updates, updated to 2004. Reinstalled Bluetooth drivers, tested other Xbox one controllers. Honestly don't know what else to do. Of course Microsoft doesn't have
    the drivers public so can't manually install them. Then what I don't get is that it works just fine with the Xbox.
  5. Kaz78 Win User

Stereo headphones connectivity issue xbox one s wireless controller

We cannot get any headsets to work on either controller and headset works fine in other device.
  6. MagazineCow4830 Win User

xbox 360 wired controller not recognized by pc/ driver for controller no working

I bought a Xbox 360 wireless controller a while ago, the controller was working fine before I got windows 10. Everything connects and the device says that it's running properly but when I enter any game I can't get the controller to work at all. So like
    I said everything seems to be working fine except for the fact that I can't use the controller in a game or anywhere for that matter. Any ideas? Thanks!
Thema:

1. What's the catch with Device Control? Can't get any of my devices to work with it. - Similar Threads - What's catch Device

2. What is going on this upnp ****

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is going on this upnp ****: What's going on with this UPN **** I'm just trying to log in and it keeps saying not successful and Xbox support it's just AI that won't answer anything should have kept my PlayStation...
  3. my xbox seems to input the right direction no matter what i do, ive even switched...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox seems to input the right direction no matter what i do, ive even switched...: my xbox seems to input the right direction no matter what i do, ive even switched controllers and the problem persists so i doubt its a controlelr problem 8dad8d13-6706-4fc1-8013-6e473cc000be
  4. when you complete a task in minecraft but does not give a code what do you do?

in XBoX on Windows
    when you complete a task in minecraft but does not give a code what do you do?: I did these tasks that give you items and minecoins but I did not get the coins it has? bb87f0b9-be24-4578-9c20-4e75c285374b
  5. What do you think of the performance of the "Guide" menu?

in XboX Insiders
    What do you think of the performance of the "Guide" menu?: For example, from the different sections you think the performance of the friends section. submitted by /u/xL3aMS1x [link] [comments]
  6. Please help me. I don’t know what to do. My account banned

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please help me. I don’t know what to do. My account banned: Hello. Please help me. I got my only account banned. I have serious health problems and I don't have many joys in life other than playing my xbox. no friends no girlfriend. I am depressed. The...
  7. Why am I getting charge for MICROSOFT*ULTIMATE 1 MOMSBILL.INFO??I don't know what this is

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I getting charge for MICROSOFT*ULTIMATE 1 MOMSBILL.INFO??I don't know what this is: W I'm getting billed for[MICROSOFT*ULTIMATE 1 MOMSBILL.INFO] I don't know why or what it is?help please 71cfec8f-e672-4d9a-afdc-8f42dbbd5613
  8. What country is the xbox credit card available for

in XboX Insiders
    What country is the xbox credit card available for: I’m currently looking at getting the xbox credit card, but it doesn’t say what country it’s available in and I’m in Australia, witch means 90% of the super cool credit cards like carnival etc I...
  9. When i turn on my xbox, the tv says that there is no signal. What do i do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When i turn on my xbox, the tv says that there is no signal. What do i do?: I have this xbox since december and it hasnt given me any problem until this morning, when the xbox turned on but there was no image reflected. I tried changing the hdmi wire to different ports...
  10. My achievement "prize catch" in watch dogs 2 was bugged. What can I do?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My achievement "prize catch" in watch dogs 2 was bugged. What can I do?: Achievement "prize catch" watch dogs 2 bugged 7af60c62-0331-4f95-b978-166e27aa3854