Whats the advantage of making your Xbox your home one if you have two Xboxs

Discus and support Whats the advantage of making your Xbox your home one if you have two Xboxs in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Whats the advantage of making your Xbox your home one if you have two Xboxs 216cfdf0-4006-4f1b-bf68-0c8cf22ac5a1 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Turk59, Aug 11, 2018.

  1. Turk59
    Turk59 Guest

    Whats the advantage of making your Xbox your home one if you have two Xboxs


    Whats the advantage of making your Xbox your home one if you have two Xboxs

    :)
     
    Turk59, Aug 11, 2018
    #1
  2. ScoutingJ
    ScoutingJ Guest
    Game Sharing question

    OK, so I've looked all over the internet for info on gamesharing. All I found was that two accounts could game share between each other. What if both Xboxs have more then one account? Is there a way to share between Xboxs instead of accounts? Another question
    is what dictates "ownership" of a game? I ask because my family is getting a second Xbox and we want our games to go between the two however there are more then 2 accounts on each xbox. I.E. both xboxs have the same 4 accounts and I want to have games go between
    the two however I also want everyone on both xboxs to be able to play every game. All I've heard is somthing about setting a home xbox however every time it says you can only have 1 home xbox and the one that isn't your home will not let every person play
    every game
     
    ScoutingJ, Aug 11, 2018
    #2
  3. ruckfoni
    ruckfoni Guest
    Gameshare question

    I know that when you gameshare with someone you make their account your home Xbox. But what if I want to Gameshare with two friends? Would I have to keep switching their accounts as home back and forth?
     
    ruckfoni, Aug 11, 2018
    #3
  4. Whats the advantage of making your Xbox your home one if you have two Xboxs

    Ill explain what the Home xbox does.

    1. No matter what console your profile is signed into you will always be able to play your games and use your subscriptions.

    2. You can set ONE console at a time as your home console and any other profile that is on that console can then play your digitally purchased games and use your subscriptions without your account being signed in at the same time.

    3. Keep in mind you can switch which console you have set as your home console ONLY FIVE times a year.

    Ill give you an example from my setup:

    I have all the games and gold, EA access and Game pass subs on my account.

    I have a One S in my living room and a Original One in my bedroom

    I have the One S set as my home console and anyone that has a profile on that console can play my digital games and use my gold and play any game that I have downloaded from either EA access or game pass (they would have to be signed into your account to
    download any of those games but would still be able to play them once they are downloaded).

    The One in my bedroom sometimes my wife will use it to play games but with that one she would have to have my profile signed in at the same time as she is in order to play.

    The downfall to doing it on the console that is not set as your home console is that you if you were to sign into ANY other xbox One console it would sign you out of that one and kick anyone from the game they were playing because that console is not set
    as your home console and you are not signed in. (unless they had purchased the game digitally themselves in which case they wouldnt need your account signed in unless they were using your gold)

    Hope this helps out if you have any other questions ill be glad to answer them if I can.
     
    steeledwand7664, Aug 11, 2018
    #4
  5. steeledwand7664 Win User

    Whats the advantage of making your Xbox your home one if you have two Xboxs

    Ill explain what the Home xbox does.

    1. No matter what console your profile is signed into you will always be able to play your games and use your subscriptions.

    2. You can set ONE console at a time as your home console and any other profile that is on that console can then play your digitally purchased games and use your subscriptions without your account being signed in at the same time.

    3. Keep in mind you can switch which console you have set as your home console ONLY FIVE times a year.

    Ill give you an example from my setup:

    I have all the games and gold, EA access and Game pass subs on my account.

    I have a One S in my living room and a Original One in my bedroom

    I have the One S set as my home console and anyone that has a profile on that console can play my digital games and use my gold and play any game that I have downloaded from either EA access or game pass (they would have to be signed into your account to
    download any of those games but would still be able to play them once they are downloaded).

    The One in my bedroom sometimes my wife will use it to play games but with that one she would have to have my profile signed in at the same time as she is in order to play.

    The downfall to doing it on the console that is not set as your home console is that you if you were to sign into ANY other xbox One console it would sign you out of that one and kick anyone from the game they were playing because that console is not set
    as your home console and you are not signed in. (unless they had purchased the game digitally themselves in which case they wouldnt need your account signed in unless they were using your gold)

    Hope this helps out if you have any other questions ill be glad to answer them if I can.
  6. tejo chase Win User

    Need another switch for my xbox home

    They put the limit in place to stop people taking advantage of the home xbox for sharing games above and beyond what the home xbox idea is meant for.

    If you have surpassed your limit for the year you will have to wait until the said date on your xbox
  7. TSB Unknown357 Win User

    Permission issues for Live Gold on Family accounts

    Hi Sorry you having that issue. Try Adding your xbox one console as your home xbox. This allows all that play on the console to share the benefits. If have two consoles make the opposite one home and log in on your regular console for yourself. Hope this
    helps
  8. Foamn Win User

    Permission to others to play the game I bought

    If you set your son's console as your "Home Console" he'll be able to play any game you have on the Xbox. My wife and I do it with our Two. Take advantage of the feature man! xD
  9. Boidster Win User

    THE TRUTH ABOUT SHARING GAMES. XBOX ONE

    FetchingStorm88: what you are talking about is your Xbox One "Home" console. You have, apparently, changed your Home Console to your friend's console so that you can share games with him. And you have changed your Home Console two other times in the last
    year?

    There is nothing you can do at this point to change your Home Console back to your Xbox One. You are going to have to wait until the one year waiting period is up.

    It is probably a good idea to read the instructions and the Terms and Conditions before you make changes like that.
Thema:

Whats the advantage of making your Xbox your home one if you have two Xboxs

Loading...
  1. Whats the advantage of making your Xbox your home one if you have two Xboxs - Similar Threads - Whats advantage making

  2. Not Exactly Sure What Catagory To Report This Bug in

    in XboX Insiders
    Not Exactly Sure What Catagory To Report This Bug in: I am an insider beta, I recently joined the insider beta. Yesterday we got the system, startup animation update, and I applied the Xbox one X version because that was my favorite by far and when...
  3. Beta Update ring - What is this new weekly streak thing added in the update?

    in XboX Insiders
    Beta Update ring - What is this new weekly streak thing added in the update?: What is this new streak thing added in the update? I opened a game after installing the new update and I got a notification telling me something about a weekly streak being started and now there’s...
  4. How to see what badges are and change which show?

    in XboX Insiders
    How to see what badges are and change which show?: I am in the beta ring. It seems I should be able to at a minimum be able to see what the badges were for and also should be able to select which 5 are showing? I tried to find it on console, and...
  5. What are the requirements for going from the Beta to Alpha insider ring?

    in XboX Insiders
    What are the requirements for going from the Beta to Alpha insider ring?: I have been an insider for around 6 1/2 years (been on the beta ring for 1/2 a year) and I was wondering what the requirements for the alpha ring were. All the Xbox support article says is that it...
  6. What would happen if I redeemed the disc to digital and destroyed the disc?

    in XboX Insiders
    What would happen if I redeemed the disc to digital and destroyed the disc?: I wanna know just in case in the future a disc stops working. submitted by /u/Serious_Revolution77 [link] [comments]
  7. Heyy, quick question about updates in the Omega ring. When it says mandatory time, what...

    in XboX Insiders
    Heyy, quick question about updates in the Omega ring. When it says mandatory time, what...: I ask because I haven't received the update for the Disc to Digital feature yet despite being in the Omega program. I looked on a site and it said the mandatory time is 3 PM Pt on September 2....
  8. I tested all the games I own with disc to digital. Here’s a list of what worked and didn’t.

    in XboX Insiders
    I tested all the games I own with disc to digital. Here’s a list of what worked and didn’t.: I noticed that none of my Sega, Bandai Namco, Square Enix, and Ubisoft games were supported, yet. Supported: The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Special Edition Extinction Titanfall 2 Stray Mortal Kombat...
  9. How I got disc to digital working and what games I can play on my PC

    in XboX Insiders
    How I got disc to digital working and what games I can play on my PC: There's been a fair few confusing threads on this in the build up to the alpha/beta release today, so hopefully this helps out those who are interested in disc to digital. Pre-requisites: You...
  10. Does anyone know what time disc to digital comes out for insiders / what time updates...

    in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone know what time disc to digital comes out for insiders / what time updates...: Just curious if I should expect to be able to start the download before leaving for work. Thanks! submitted by /u/Bidoof117 [link] [comments]