What's going on with signing into the Microsoft store/xbox live?

Discus and support What's going on with signing into the Microsoft store/xbox live? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; For some reason starting about a month ago there's been a problem with me not being able to sign into Xbox live and constantly getting an error... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Brandon Friely, Mar 12, 2023.

1. What's going on with signing into the Microsoft store/xbox live?

For some reason starting about a month ago there's been a problem with me not being able to sign into Xbox live and constantly getting an error message. I noticed it first with the Xbox app to try and play my games I've got installed but I'm unable to sign in. I thought of the idea of uninstalling the Xbox app and redownloading it through the Microsoft store, but I can't because it also gives the same error message on there, thus making me unable to do anything.
    What's going on with signing into the Microsoft store/xbox live? [​IMG]

:)

Brandon Friely, Mar 12, 2023
  2. Brandon Friely Win User

I apologize I've been busy, no my issue has not been resolved. I'm feeling very confident it's something on Microsoft's end because this issue appeared out of the blue for me, for absolutely no reason.
  3. Brandon Friely Win User

Unfortunately nothing has worked. My PC is up to date with everything and I cleared my Microsoft Store cache. In terms of installing the Xbox app I can't install it or literally anything at all. That error message I posted a screenshot of, keeps popping every time I click on an app or anything else. I close the message by clicking the "x", click "get" on an app, then the error message pops up again. It just constantly pops up and nothing installs.
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Brandon Friely,

Thanks for your reply.

We understand that our previous reply does not address your concern. Thanks for providing us more details about your concern. We do want to know few details about your pc.

1. Is the time and date set correctly?
    2. Can you still recall when did the last time you can install apps from Microsoft Store?
    3. May we ask for the Windows version and edition of your computer or laptop? Please type WINVER into the Windows search bar and hit Enter.
    4. Have you tried the suggested troubleshooting on this support article - Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store - Microsoft Support?

Since this issue is happening when installing Xbox app. Let us try this: May we know if you can install games or apps on Microsoft Store without issue? You may try with apps like Minecraft Launcher or Microsoft Solitaire Collection. Aside from those games, try to install apps and see if you still get the same issue.

There is another way of installing Xbox app however, this may launch Microsoft Store, that means we need to address the error code you are getting.

Should you wish to try the alternative way of installing Xbox app, try using this link and install (note: you may need to sign-out your account on Microsoft Store)- Xbox App for Windows PC | Xbox.

If you still get the same issue after trying to install games and apps available in Microsoft Store, that means we need to see if the account on the system needs to be verified or else removed and re-add. Before we go further, please follow the steps below to make sure your accounts are secured and accessible.

• Open Settings (press Windows + I on your keyboard), go to Accounts.
    • Select Email & Account and see how many accounts added to your PC.
    • Make sure to open a browser too. On browser, please go to this link: Microsoft account | Home
    • Then, try all your credentials and see if you needed to secure them or update the password before removing those emails on your Settings.
    • After you make sure you can sign into your accounts listed on your PC Settings. Kindly remove them.

• Launch Microsoft Store and sign into your account with the game license. Do not use other accounts.
    • Install Xbox app and/or other games/apps.

Should you need more troubleshooting, please see this link: Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support

Kindly update us on how it went.

Regards,

5. ZoinksScoob Win User

Kathy, none of this worked. Nothing that has been suggested worked. Many people are having this issue. Check the reviews on "gaming services". This is beyond inexcusable. I have been same in the same issue for over a week. Look, it does not even give the option to redownload the app. This is AFTER I've tried the recommended actions.

[​IMG]
  6. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
Thema:

1. What's going on with signing into the Microsoft store/xbox live? - Similar Threads - What's going signing

2. My keys continue to be pressed even after I let go, what should I do?

in XBoX on Windows
    My keys continue to be pressed even after I let go, what should I do?: My keys continue to press after I stop pressing them. It's not physical (They aren't literally sticking down). But it continues to press in a game or whilst I'm typing. I've tried different...
  3. My brother has put 50 pound codes on his account but not showed up on it what is going on...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My brother has put 50 pound codes on his account but not showed up on it what is going on...: I need to find out what is going on with my brother account on Xbox one it not give him his gift card credit of 50 pound please help and tell me y please c9ea2a75-e215-4803-81f7-aea4a3e2f4c8
  4. What is going on here? I’ve tried new cables, different tvs, everything you can think of....

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is going on here? I’ve tried new cables, different tvs, everything you can think of....: [img] What is happening here? 48ff655b-ac76-4889-b415-240d09c47f5e
  5. now that the Xbox b@n exploit is a credible thing what is Microsoft going to do for a fix ?

in XboX Insiders
    now that the Xbox b@n exploit is a credible thing what is Microsoft going to do for a fix ?: The YouTuber Nick (@GhillieYT) claims he was targeted by this exploit and was falsely b@nned for one year. What can players do to protect themselves against this ? While still unconfirmed by Xbox,...
  6. Quick Resume ......What's Going On ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Quick Resume ......What's Going On ?: Ive been advised that having QR activated could cause some performance issues with certain games so im looking for a way to de activate the feature yet no matter if i manually remove the game from...
  7. Black screen of death won't go away no matter what

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black screen of death won't go away no matter what: So, this has been going on for about a day or two now where when I boot up the console it just gives a black screen. The remote is unresponsive as well as the Xbox when I try to use remote play....
  8. what is the issue with wireless connections on Xbox going in and out so frequently?

in XBoX on Consoles
    what is the issue with wireless connections on Xbox going in and out so frequently?: I have an Xbox One and Xbox X - both have issues with the internet connection dropping or not connecting. 1. Xbox One is obviously older but has the same issue as the Xbox X 2. Xbox X was...
  9. What the hell is going on with the Microsoft Solitaire and Casual Games and the ads!?

in XBoX on Windows
    What the hell is going on with the Microsoft Solitaire and Casual Games and the ads!?: I am able to sit through your 30 second unskipable ads, I can wait, let the ad finish, and then click off of it and get to playing whatever game I want. But what in the absolute hell is going on...
  10. Asked to sign into X Box series S using a link, then nothing happens. What's going on?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Asked to sign into X Box series S using a link, then nothing happens. What's going on?: Hello, Basically I've set up my xbox yesterday and it worked fine. Turned it off and turned it on again today, asked to log into my (github) account that's connected with Microsoft. It says...