What's everyone's thoughts on the Idea of Gamepass on Steam

Discus and support What's everyone's thoughts on the Idea of Gamepass on Steam in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I would like to bring up the idea of Gamepass being on steam and start a discussion. (In short EAPlay is on Steam) EA Play - Now Available on Steam... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SaSMaKaVeLi, May 16, 2023.

1. SaSMaKaVeLi
    SaSMaKaVeLi Guest

I would like to bring up the idea of Gamepass being on steam and start a discussion.

(In short EAPlay is on Steam) EA Play - Now Available on Steam (steampowered.com)

So I know we can link our steam account to our Xbox account already.

Here's is one idea, say you play Forza for example on Xbox via Gamepass or decide buy the digital version via Xbox app.

Would you like to be able to also play it on steam but not have to buy it again ? or if you have Gamepass you just simply add it to my steam library like you can with games from EAPlay.?

Ok now say you have Gamepass or thinking about subscribing to Gamepass and you mainly play on PC and the consoles in your household are played by other family members. If game pass did come to steam would this make you want to sign up for Gamepass ? Or if you already have it would you like to play them via steam ? #PlayanywhereButXbox-I-wanna-Play-Your-Games-Via-Steam-I-would-not-mind if-it-then-launched-the-xbox-app

(Gives you more control over where you want to play as a gamer and also opens you up to a massive market and huge group of players who only play on steam and buy games from steam. There is plenty of indie games on steam that are hidden gems and they are not on the Xbox PC app or Xbox console and that could be an opportunity to come to Gamepass which gives the players even more games to discover and enjoy).

Not only that there are so many active players on Steam that it opens up even more room for more gamers to be added to the Gamepass subscription via Steam.

Make it happen #PhilSpencerIsTheTreasure&HeroWeNeed!!

:)

SaSMaKaVeLi, May 16, 2023
  2. drexbox13 Win User

personally i love the idea, i think it should be an option to migrate everything over and be able to use one app for it all. i hate all the different launchers and wish i could just install a plugin for EA or Game Pass or Ubisoft or even Playstations service and run them all through steam. it could easily just give you a popup when you go into a store to buy using steam or Gamepass. if you choose gamepass then they get all the credit minus the 30% steam takes off the top. anyone can make whatever excuse they want for how it couldnt work or wouldnt work, but in all reality its just code and any code can be rewritten to work how you want it too. so yes i think it would be a great option. thats what the PC world is all about, giving anyone the option to do whatever they want to do, how they want to do it. not to mention thats basically the Xbox motto, give the people what they want, wherever they want it.

personally im a portable guy, my life revolves around being able to take my stuff on the go. so i love the fact that xbox has a streaming option that i can play on my phone or tablet or hell even a tv if ive got one compatable. and when iwant to sit down i can pop open my laptop on a cooling stand and hook it up to my monitor and go to game-town, i have a very hard time personally with building a monster gaming pc rig cause i like to be able to move around and you cant do that with those. and no i dont care about battery life cause itll be plugged in regardless if its a laptop, tablet or phone. in fact in my laptop id rather have a smaller battery and have the option for more storage, cut the battery in half and give me 2 or 3 more m.2 slots or the option for a ssd block drive.
  3. ngocphi Win User

Thata different you are talking about microtransactions which are within the developer owns billing and store NoT buying the game

They get 100% of the cut if you buy ingame.currency cards vs buying a game they have to pay the storefront 30%

Though on mobile apple and Google take their cuts on microtransactions
  4. SaSMaKaVeLi Win User

I get that with the in store purchases like skins etc and I know that's down to the devs and server side.

But that's not the point I was saying I was using that as example like I did with the Steam Migration and EA-Play subscription and the as a whole there's so much awesomeness that can come from bringing Gamepass to steam like your game library all in one place, time spent in game, Achievements and so on.
  5. SaSMaKaVeLi Win User

I do not mean to make it more complicated I apologise for that.

I guess in short terms what I mean is if I brought Forza on Xbox and like now its on steam and I mainly game on Steam PC (I have not got a Steam Deck unfortunately)

And I know and that from store to store games you buy are not linked, but in some cases they are linked across multi platforms and storefront( Rogue Company being an example where I can play on Xbox buy an outfit load it up on steam and have the same outfit for the steam version I just brought from Xbox or PS5 and so on.)

Another example is games you brought say on the Bethesda app before it closed you could link your steam account and get the steam versions on the games you owned added to your steam account for free via Steam Migration so I/we/you didn't have to say buy Elder Scrolls again.

I will leave a link showing you and it was such a great thing to do and would be great if more companies did this.

Steam Migration - Walkthrough - Bethesda.net - Bethesda Support

But back to my main point, It would be great if I could download it via steam also (Kinda like Halo MCC when you get it on Steam you login in to your Xbox account and all stuff is synced like achievements etc) Which is awesome because its like your getting the achievements twice and I love the steam layout and steam store and its awesome that more Xbox games are coming to steam.

At the end of it all it would also be awesome if Gamepass came to steam like EAPlay is on steam already and its simple browse games add them to your steam library download and play get your achievements also have the steam guides and discussions right there also.

Lastly Gamepass on steam with all my achievements are based in one single location steam would be great.
  6. SaSMaKaVeLi Win User

*Update*

I know games like MELE and others like BF, AC all use there own apps Uplay etc but things like time spent, achievements etc are all on steam

and thats the point I wanna say like I think it would be such a good idea if they did imperilment Gamepass to Steam like EA has.

So yeah it would run through the xbox app and so on but it would also have all of the features that steam has on offer like I said earlier like guides, discussions and so on.

I do not mean to make it more complicated I apologise for that.

I guess in short terms what I mean is if I brought Forza on Xbox and like now its on steam and I mainly game on Steam PC (I have not got a Steam Deck unfortunately)

And I know and that from store to store games you buy are not linked, but in some cases they are linked across multi platforms and storefront( Rogue Company being an example where I can play on Xbox buy an outfit load it up on steam and have the same outfit for the steam version I just brought from Xbox or PS5 and so on.)

Another example is games you brought say on the Bethesda app before it closed you could link your steam account and get the steam versions on the games you owned added to your steam account for free via Steam Migration so I/we/you didn't have to say buy Elder Scrolls again.

I will leave a link showing you and it was such a great thing to do and would be great if more companies did this.

Steam Migration - Walkthrough - Bethesda.net - Bethesda Support

But back to my main point, It would be great if I could download it via steam also (Kinda like Halo MCC when you get it on Steam you login in to your Xbox account and all stuff is synced like achievements etc) Which is awesome because its like your getting the achievements twice and I love the steam layout and steam store and its awesome that more Xbox games are coming to steam.

At the end of it all it would also be awesome if Gamepass came to steam like EAPlay is on steam already and its simple browse games add them to your steam library download and play get your achievements also have the steam guides and discussions right there also.

Lastly Gamepass on steam with all my achievements are based in one single location steam would be great.
Thema:

1. What's everyone's thoughts on the Idea of Gamepass on Steam - Similar Threads - What's everyone's thoughts

2. What drives are capadible for the series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    What drives are capadible for the series x: Trying to find a budget friendly storage expansion capadible for my series x 42da6d7d-ebb2-4580-b927-7cfe8bd9a6ea
  3. What is Xbox working on exactly ?

in XboX Insiders
    What is Xbox working on exactly ?: It is a very simple question addressed to Xbox devs team , what are you exactly working on ? Why am I asking this ? I am a part of alpha skip ahead insider program during years and I don't see any...
  4. How do I get in touch with the XBOX people? What happened to my ORDER?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get in touch with the XBOX people? What happened to my ORDER?: I had a bluetooth problem with my xbox design lab controller and was unable to fix it after several attempts at different methods. So I applied for exchange and sent my XBOX controller via email...
  5. How do you share a gamepass subscription with the family but what everyone has said doesn't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do you share a gamepass subscription with the family but what everyone has said doesn't...: We have acquired the ultimate game pass - it works on my parents account but it doesnt work on mine. I have tried to change it from Home xbox to not my home xbox and then change it back to my...
  6. Why was i banned for doing what everyone else does?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why was i banned for doing what everyone else does?: For years i have ran a milsim on different games. Wildlands, Breakpoint, Arma, Battlefield and now Insurgency. And today i woke up to being banned for my recruitment post., And i go to check the...
  7. What does everyone think of Starfield?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What does everyone think of Starfield?: I'm enjoying the game so far and wanted to see everyone else's thoughts and opinions on the game. f17525b5-0f60-4d4a-aa69-65eb2c0e9bff
  8. What does everyone think of the current game pass games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What does everyone think of the current game pass games: Are they too boring or just right or need newer titles? 980e2f46-cdc0-4946-951e-3b4577a42dfb
  9. What is going on with Nascar Heat 5 playing the game solo no issue, but everyone zi have...

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is going on with Nascar Heat 5 playing the game solo no issue, but everyone zi have...: My Nat is open, my connection is really good, and when I die a test on multiplayer it was fine. So why can't I get on and play live with my friends 6e1a2425-2253-45df-88f8-11922e6bae37
  10. What are the newest combat games everyone plays? Twixon90

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What are the newest combat games everyone plays? Twixon90: What are the newest combat games everyone plays? 1c593bd4-cefc-4405-a836-df262d8c2d2c