What would make a Xbox one s not power up all the way

Discus and support What would make a Xbox one s not power up all the way in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Xbox one s and it keeps shutting itself out off. I have installed a new power supply and did a system reset. It worked for about 30min. But... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Steve1936, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Steve1936
    Steve1936 Guest

I have a Xbox one s and it keeps shutting itself out off. I have installed a new power supply and did a system reset. It worked for about 30min. But now it’s back to not turning it on. The light lights up it chimes and some times it starts the opening Xbox screen but then shuts off. Any help will be greatly appreciated thank you.

:)

Steve1936, Nov 24, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello again, yes, it can probably be something on the motherboard, but to be sure you would have to do internal source conductivity tests when it sends power to the motherboard.
  3. Steve1936 Win User

Yes I changed the internal power supply. I have lots of experience doing this kind of work. I did my research before I attempted the repair. As an example I have change out the battery in the older iPhones with no problems. I made the mistake of just assuming it was the power supply. Now I’m thinking it could be a mother board issue. After the Xbox sits for a few hrs it seems to stay on longer but I haven’t confirmed it.
  4. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Steve1936, Xbox One S has an internal power supply, when it says you changed the source you're referring to its internal source?

Was this service done and specialized technical assistance?

If you can give more details, I'll be waiting for your reply.
  5. BEATLE59 Win User

ERROR CODE: 80151901 - PLEASE HELP CANNOT CONNECT TO XBOX LIVE

exactly what has happened in canada too but I noticed it the day that xbox one came out.

They did make changes to the internet to accommodate Xbox one at the same time it limits the number of 360 consoles allowed on a single router and with out port forwarding or good internet you will be continually disconnected from xbox live and major problems
    reconnecting.

Suggestions 5Mb/s internet or better...... Port forwarding implemented through router......... restore internet connection to factory defaults........... Clear cash 3 times...... then power down all equipment for 5 minutes then power up starting with
    modem wait 1 minute between each power up of devices all the way up the chain. This was the only way I was able to reconnect to xbox live. And now have to do it every day, restart the network to connect to xbox live. This is directly related to the xbox
    one going on line.
  6. IceStorm III Win User

Disable Wifi on X360

[quote user="mil3s001"]I would like to know if it is possible to completely disable the wifi on the Xbox 360 Slim.[/quote]No. The proprietary wireless transceiver in the 360 that monitors for the controllers is always on when the console is plugged in. The
    only way to do what you're looking for is to cut power to the 360's power supply when the console is not in use. Belkin makes several power strips that come with remote control that allow one to completely cut power to plugged in devices.
Thema:

1. What would make a Xbox one s not power up all the way - Similar Threads - power

2. Xbox series s won't power on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s won't power on: All my light does is flash n goes off c0832ebb-b595-4858-ab40-d6cc803d6d35
  3. Xbox series X power button rapidly blinks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X power button rapidly blinks.: So today I plugged in and turned on my xbox series x for the first time in 2 months. There was of course a system update of 5gbs. I noticed the whole time the update was happening, the power light...
  4. I'm after a new original xbox one s power cable lead the 10amp one for use in Australia?

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm after a new original xbox one s power cable lead the 10amp one for use in Australia?: I'm after a new original xbox one s power cable lead the 10amp one for use in Australia? f53a93af-10df-4bd5-8501-d790bb6f67f9
  5. Xbox powered by usb

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox powered by usb: So basically i need to power my xbox by usb because i dont have a plug socket to plug in the 3 pin but i do have a usb port Links apricated a50898b0-6ef7-42dd-ad3b-477546ea497c
  6. Xbox One X - Powering off after a few seconds

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X - Powering off after a few seconds: Hello, just wanted to reach out and see if anyone is having a similar issue? Or if anyone knows what can be done to alleviate this problem. I have an Xbox One X that I use for beta updates, and...
  7. My Xbox series S almost caught fire while powered off

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox series S almost caught fire while powered off: Xbox Series S was powered off and almost caught fire. It was sitting plugged in on a brand new power strip and I started smelling a weird smell, I looked around and my Xbox was off but smoking a...
  8. Dropped Xbox off shelf now it power zone for 10 seconds and power out back off what can I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dropped Xbox off shelf now it power zone for 10 seconds and power out back off what can I...: Yes I dropped my Xbox One off the shelf and now at power zone for 10 seconds shows a Xbox One logo and power is off so there's no trouble shooting can be done any ideas Would be greatly...
  9. Elite 2 controller power and mode lights cycle flashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 controller power and mode lights cycle flashing: I have an elite 2 controller less than 6 months old. I was playing a game that froze hard and required me to hard shut off my xbox and now the controller won't turn on but it's charge light...
  10. Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.: Hi, my xbox elite series 2 controller will not power on unless I 'Jump Start' the controller. Basically, plug it in, power on and unplug it. If it is off for longer than 1 min, I will not be able...