What would happen to my brother’s Xbox Account if I removed him from my “Family” in the...

Discus and support What would happen to my brother’s Xbox Account if I removed him from my “Family” in the... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; What would happen to my brother’s Xbox Account if I removed him from my “Family” in the Family Safety settings? Will he be able to purchase his games... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Tegan.00, Jan 19, 2023.

1. Tegan.00
    Tegan.00 Guest

What would happen to my brother’s Xbox Account if I removed him from my “Family” in the...

What would happen to my brother’s Xbox Account if I removed him from my “Family” in the Family Safety settings? Will he be able to purchase his games and other Knick knacks on his console, absolutely without needing permission from me? It’s been very frustrating not being able to help him get subscribed to Xbox Gamepass Ultimate. Or to have to go through loopholes just to get gift cards to and for him. I don’t think contact support helps much either most days because it’s rarely the help I need. I just don’t want to be sent from person to person, if that were the case I’d rather speak over the phone and be sent from place to place instead. I’m hoping you can tell me: 1– How will my brothers account be affected if he is removed from the Family Group on Microsoft. 2- Will Managing the Consent change any of these concerns as well? 3- Can you tell me how to go about allowing my brothers Xbox Account to maintain the data he already has and be removed from needing permission from me? ~Thank you so so much in advance!!What would happen to my brother’s Xbox Account if I removed him from my “Family” in the... :)

:)

Tegan.00, Jan 19, 2023
  2. Jonny306 Win User

What would happen to my brother’s Xbox Account if I removed him from my “Family” in the Family Safety settings?

What parents often do is purchase the subscription using their own account and share it with the Xbox that the child will be using.

By sharing it to the Xbox, this allows ALL accounts to access it on that Xbox.
  3. Jonny306 Win User

What would happen to my brother’s Xbox Account if I removed him from my “Family” in the Family Safety settings?

Hello there!

My name is Jonny and I will be the Independent Advisor for Microsoft assisting you today!

First, thank you so much for contacting us regarding your concern. I do look forward to resolving this problem together! :)

If his account is a child account, then he will lose the privaledges set by the adult/ parent account. I would highly recommend keeping him as a family member due to that reason.

If he is an adult using an adult account, then you can remove him to promote his account to an adult.

Note: Child accounts cannot be prompted until the original birthdate reaches 18 years old.
  4. Tegan Guthrie-Buxton Win User

That’s reasonable, and makes more sense.

Just to clarify. Would you be able to give me a general step by step on how to share it with the Xbox, after purchasing the subscription?

Thank you, in advance! I appreciate all your quick responses, and helpful guidance.
  5. Tegan.00 Win User

How can he get a subscription added onto his account for “Xbox Gamepass Ultimate” then? Without having me gift it to him? Since when he is logged in, it says that they can’t even send a request ti the parent for permission & to just go ask politely in person to the parent… but the parent doesn’t have easy access to loading a subscription on without it absolutely needing to be gifted and purchased all in one go. I’m just confused, and I appreciate your help.
  6. Patrat46 Win User

Xbox live family

Hello,

wrong section. BUT I to have a Family pack :)

While adding my little brother to the account i got the same error. What turned out to be the issue was that he already had a parent account.... My mothers account was assosiated as the parent.

To solve this issue we had to download my mothers account to an xbox and remove my brother from her family. After that i was able to add him and everything was good.

I hope this is helpful
Thema:

1. What would happen to my brother’s Xbox Account if I removed him from my “Family” in the... - Similar Threads - happen brother’s Account

2. How do I get rid of the happening now tab on my friends list

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I get rid of the happening now tab on my friends list: How do I get rid of the happening now tab on my friends list, my xbox just updated now there is a massive tab on my friends list that looks horrible and is pretty pointless, can't find a way to...
  3. Happening now tab is very bad but that’s not the worst problem!

in XboX Insiders
    Happening now tab is very bad but that’s not the worst problem!: Nobody is talking about how the friends in games tab is completely gone now. I used this a lot to quickly see which friends were on what games and now my whole experience has been downgraded...
  4. "Happening Now" tab is bad design and should be removed.

in XboX Insiders
    "Happening Now" tab is bad design and should be removed.: This change provide NO extra information, functionality, engagement, or usefulness. It's just a duplicate of what is already on the left side of my screen and is completely superfluous. The only...
  5. Can we get the option to shut off the what's happening tab any friend I wanna see is...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can we get the option to shut off the what's happening tab any friend I wanna see is...: The happening now feature used to be easy to ignore b9f9161d-405c-42e9-8b3b-4f184a5d05b8
  6. New “Happening Now” Tab is Terrible

in XboX Insiders
    New “Happening Now” Tab is Terrible: This new tab is atrociously bad. Not only does it now cover half of the screen, but it also removes the clock off of the screen as well. The “Happening Now” tab was something I barely even used...
  7. What happened to Friends In Game?

in XboX Insiders
    What happened to Friends In Game?: Don’t tell me they replaced it with Happening Now I want to play games my friends are playing, not join a party submitted by /u/NaturalPreference445 [link] [comments]
  8. "Friends in games" removed and replaced by "happening now" tab.

in XboX Insiders
    "Friends in games" removed and replaced by "happening now" tab.: As the title States, this update has replaced friends in games with happening now. it is a completely unnecessary update imo. It just seems like the friends in games option was really all that was...
  9. "Happening Now" tab is not a step forward.

in XboX Insiders
    "Happening Now" tab is not a step forward.: I understand Xbox wants to keep things fresh, but this new update in the friends list is a step backwards. You had a great system with the "friends in games" tab and now I cant even see what...
  10. How do I turn off happening now side bar in the friends section

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I turn off happening now side bar in the friends section: Every single time I open up my friends list menu a “happening now” side bar pops up and shows me party’s I can join how do I turn that off 3da07d63-a350-4859-8682-f07a5a724de0