What would happen if my Xbox series x had an power surge or power overload through the HDMI...

Discus and support What would happen if my Xbox series x had an power surge or power overload through the HDMI... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; What would happen if my Xbox series x had an power surge or power overload through the HDMI cable, and if so;what part would I need to replace?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Matthew Tallent, Feb 1, 2023.

1. What would happen if my Xbox series x had an power surge or power overload through the HDMI...

What would happen if my Xbox series x had an power surge or power overload through the HDMI cable, and if so;what part would I need to replace?

:)

Matthew Tallent, Feb 1, 2023
  2. Tezzerrific Win User

What would happen if my Xbox series x had an power surge or power overload through the HDMI cable, and if so;what part would I need to replace?

the port, the retimer and possibly more, may destroy the traces and the apu, basically it will be a system killer.
  3. Miguel Molina O Win User

Hi, and thanks for reaching out. My name is Miguel O., Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue!

Hi, and thanks for reaching out. My name is Miguel O., Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue!

Christyna64 Xbox Ambassador posted a solution to a user who had a similar issue:

"A power surge can only affect your Xbox through the power cord only. The ethernet cable and hdmi cable can't be affected by power surges.

"

Original post

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...

But to answer your question:

The damage can be minimal, such as a single HDMI port no longer working, or it's possible that it could be completely fried the device because there is no power surge protection on the HDMI ports to protect any essential component from being damaged.

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.
  4. xjuiceboxtwitch Win User

Xbox Series X keeps shutting off

Thanks for the update mr mcgritz, i have arranged with xbox to send this one back too. im onto my third xbox series x with the similar problem.
    im on my second series x & it keeps shutting down. this is painful 360 PTSD. any luck? i even replaced the power cord with the X1X power cord. have power evenly displaced lol. couple monster surge protectors not overloaded. it's either software or hardware but guessing hardware?
  5. Christyna64 Win User

Xbox one x have surge protector, but can it be damaged from hdmi from TV that dosnt have?

A power surge can only affect your Xbox through the power cord only. The ethernet cable and hdmi cable can't be affected by power surges.
  6. dirtmerchant711 Win User

sorc abilities acting weird?

also, why does power surge on my bars turn into thundering presence when i use overload? Is there an unwritten rule or a written one i missed somewhere? what if i didnt have thundering presence as an ability would it still switch power surge to it?
Thema:

What would happen if my Xbox series x had an power surge or power overload through the HDMI...

1. What would happen if my Xbox series x had an power surge or power overload through the HDMI... - Similar Threads - happen series power

2. Can happen xbox one x to be able as series x? What demand be add software or hardware? Just...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can happen xbox one x to be able as series x? What demand be add software or hardware? Just...: Questions to xbox team and fans! My understanding I bought used xbox one x, I was thought if I found how to be overclock or other softwares xbox one x to be able near as series x? What demand be...
  3. xbox series x booting up and after 20 secs it shuts off tv screen stays black nothing happens

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x booting up and after 20 secs it shuts off tv screen stays black nothing happens: Hello microsoft i have a problem with my xbox it's really frustating because i only have mine for a few months i always trusted xbox and now this happens on a brand new console that i paid a lot...
  4. What happens if a small lego piece falls in the the top of your Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What happens if a small lego piece falls in the the top of your Xbox series X?: So I was playing with my Legos and my brother threw a Lego in the direction of the Xbox and I heard plastic banging each other we tried finding it but couldn’t and I’m guessing that it fell In and...
  5. What is happening with the Series X Hardware suddenly?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is happening with the Series X Hardware suddenly?: What the actual hell is going on with the Xbox Series X hardware all of a sudden? It is a $500, noisy center piece that lights up is what it is now, basically. It can’t even hold an internet...
  6. Something's happening with my Xbox Series X controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Something's happening with my Xbox Series X controller: About a week ago my controller was having this problem where it would repeatedly turn off, then it'd turn right back on again, it was really annoying, sometimes however when the controller would...
  7. Any solution to the problem that games close on their own on the Xbox Series X, it happens...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Any solution to the problem that games close on their own on the Xbox Series X, it happens...: Any solution to the problem that games close on their own on the Xbox Series X, it happens to me with Fortnite and Forza Horizon 5 14ca5501-a290-4059-b0dc-ae4d5d9d2319
  8. My Elite Series 2 Core controller wont turn on. This has happened previously three times...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Elite Series 2 Core controller wont turn on. This has happened previously three times...: My Elite Series 2 Core controller wont turn on. This has happened previously three times and i managed to fix it by pure luck. I need help understanding why this happens and how to fix it...
  9. Asked to sign into X Box series S using a link, then nothing happens. What's going on?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Asked to sign into X Box series S using a link, then nothing happens. What's going on?: Hello, Basically I've set up my xbox yesterday and it worked fine. Turned it off and turned it on again today, asked to log into my (github) account that's connected with Microsoft. It says...
  10. When I power on my series x nothing happens it turns on but doesn’t display anything.

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I power on my series x nothing happens it turns on but doesn’t display anything.: When I power on my series x nothing happens it turns on but doesn’t display anything. I have tried different hdmi cords, different tv, unplug wait and plug In again, low res start up, nothing has...