What to do when Xbox games won't start

Discus and support What to do when Xbox games won't start in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Any tips for what to do if games won't load? At the moment I can't get any games to load on my sons Xbox One S. Every game seems to either demand to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RichardBrooks2, May 7, 2022.

1. What to do when Xbox games won't start

Any tips for what to do if games won't load?

At the moment I can't get any games to load on my sons Xbox One S.

Every game seems to either demand to be updated or "took too long to load" or simply wont' start.

This is a 2019 Xbox One S, which has already had to have the HDD replaced after 13 months the the HDMI re-timer chip recently. If it's another hardware problem then I give up with microsoft consoles!

:)

RichardBrooks2, May 7, 2022
  2. Smwutches Win User

There was an outage yesterday and the effects could still be lingering. Try doing a hard reset (hold down the power button until the console turns off, unplug it, plug it back in, then turn it on)
  3. Azazerx Win User

Games and Apps won't start on Xbox1S - what do I do??

Hello Renee Knezovich

Unfortunately there’s no other way to have a quick way on setting games and apps as shortcuts to pins/groups. This has happened to me as well it’ll be in the group/pins section and it’ll say to see in store. Usually you’ll just have to remove it and add it back to the group/pins tab you have made. You can as well just press the Xbox guide button press Y button to search for apps/games as well.

Hopefully this helps game on ✌️
  4. JenniferTorres1 Win User

Game loading issues

Ours won't do anything. All games when started go to a black screen and then back to main menu. No error message, just won't start. Not just COD, all games.
  5. Fallen4576 Win User

forza horizon 4 not starting on series s

Every time I start up forward horizon 4, it just won't let me press A to start the game and then It says controller disconnected on my Xbox series s, what can I do to fix it?
  6. Mister Cerb Win User

nba 2k13 wont download upgrade

Hey there EAZYKA5H305! Let's see what we can do to get things sorted.

To start things off, here's a few questions for you:

1. When you say it won't upgrade, are you saying that you're being prompted for an update whenever you start this game, but the update won't download?
    2. What happens when you try to download the game update?
    3. Are you seeing any error codes or error messages?

Let us know and we'll work with you from there. =)
Thema:

1. What to do when Xbox games won't start - Similar Threads - games won't start

2. Hi I have a problem with warzone 2. The game won't let me start a game because it crashes...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi I have a problem with warzone 2. The game won't let me start a game because it crashes...: The game It has been crashing for a few days please fix it 01c9af93-cfd9-40d2-914a-3a1a5254cfe5
  3. The game will start but won't load and instead a prompt states

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The game will start but won't load and instead a prompt states: Error You are missing packages that are essential to run Microsoft Flight Simulator. Please Update the application and try again. There is no error code No update appears on windows store No...
  4. Grounded/Xbox Games won't start.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Grounded/Xbox Games won't start.: Well this is the 2nd time I got this kinda same problem, the thing is if I try to start a game from the xbox app it always get stuck on the signing in screen, making it impossible to play. [img]...
  5. Control: Ultimate Edition for Series X won't start a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Control: Ultimate Edition for Series X won't start a game: I had played Control when it was on Gamepass and ended up buying the Ultimate Edition when it was cheap in the games store. I start the Ultimate Edition and it brings up the menu, but once it...
  6. Total War: Warhammer III on Game Pass for PC won't start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Total War: Warhammer III on Game Pass for PC won't start: I've had Warhammer 3 installed on my Game Pass for around a month now. In all this time, the game has ever only been able to start twice. When I click play on the Xbox app (PC), the game doesn't...
  7. Skyrim (and some other games) on xbox gamepass won't start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skyrim (and some other games) on xbox gamepass won't start: Hi, I've got a problem when trying to run Skyrim (never played before on xbox gamepass). I get the first splash screen but the 'signing in' loader keeps spinning and nothing happens. I...
  8. Reinstalled windows, Now my pc game pass games all won't run,be detected , or start through...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Reinstalled windows, Now my pc game pass games all won't run,be detected , or start through...: I just recently fully reinstalled windows and wiped my primary drive but left my other 3 drives alone and since then all my game pass games are fully there without a megabyte missing or out of...
  9. Xbox 360 controller won't work after starting a game PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller won't work after starting a game PC: I had this controller for a long while, untill recently a few weeks ago i started having this issue. Everytime i start a game, the controller won't budge at all or it will stop working after a...
  10. Gamepass games won't start Online? always Offline

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamepass games won't start Online? always Offline: got game pass ultimate a bit ago and any game i install that has online features starts offline or just won't work i recent got Total war Warhammer 3 and every time i start it it says you appear...