What to do when Xbox games won't start

Discus and support What to do when Xbox games won't start in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Any tips for what to do if games won't load? At the moment I can't get any games to load on my sons Xbox One S. Every game seems to either demand to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RichardBrooks2, May 7, 2022.

1. What to do when Xbox games won't start

Any tips for what to do if games won't load?

At the moment I can't get any games to load on my sons Xbox One S.

Every game seems to either demand to be updated or "took too long to load" or simply wont' start.

This is a 2019 Xbox One S, which has already had to have the HDD replaced after 13 months the the HDMI re-timer chip recently. If it's another hardware problem then I give up with microsoft consoles!

:)

RichardBrooks2, May 7, 2022
  2. Smwutches Win User

There was an outage yesterday and the effects could still be lingering. Try doing a hard reset (hold down the power button until the console turns off, unplug it, plug it back in, then turn it on)
  3. JenniferTorres1 Win User

Game loading issues

Ours won't do anything. All games when started go to a black screen and then back to main menu. No error message, just won't start. Not just COD, all games.
  4. Azazerx Win User

Games and Apps won't start on Xbox1S - what do I do??

Hello Renee Knezovich

Unfortunately there’s no other way to have a quick way on setting games and apps as shortcuts to pins/groups. This has happened to me as well it’ll be in the group/pins section and it’ll say to see in store. Usually you’ll just have to remove it and add it back to the group/pins tab you have made. You can as well just press the Xbox guide button press Y button to search for apps/games as well.

Hopefully this helps game on ✌️
  5. Mister Cerb Win User

nba 2k13 wont download upgrade

Hey there EAZYKA5H305! Let's see what we can do to get things sorted.

To start things off, here's a few questions for you:

1. When you say it won't upgrade, are you saying that you're being prompted for an update whenever you start this game, but the update won't download?
    2. What happens when you try to download the game update?
    3. Are you seeing any error codes or error messages?

Let us know and we'll work with you from there. =)
  6. Fallen4576 Win User

forza horizon 4 not starting on series s

Every time I start up forward horizon 4, it just won't let me press A to start the game and then It says controller disconnected on my Xbox series s, what can I do to fix it?
Thema:

1. What to do when Xbox games won't start - Similar Threads - games won't start

2. Game won't start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game won't start: I have just bought a game for my son so "owned" but when he tries to play it it just give the option to buy games pass. We bought the game so surely I don't need games pass. Please help...
  3. game won't start?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game won't start?: I wanted to know how to start my game it keeps freezing after I sign in and try to start a game. What should I do? 6a45159a-1ff5-4b78-906f-7c477d2d3a7f
  4. Starfield crashed and now it won't start nor will it let me repair the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield crashed and now it won't start nor will it let me repair the game: My starfield crashed once at the start before you go into the tunnel that the machine is making an entrance Then after restarting and getting back there my game crashed during the cutscene where...
  5. How to fix Gaming services won't start at all?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix Gaming services won't start at all?: The Gaming services got installed but won't start, as shows in event viewer: The Gaming Services service terminated with the following error: The specified service does not exist as an installed...
  6. game won't launch from disc, instead it starts installing a duplicate.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game won't launch from disc, instead it starts installing a duplicate.: I installed far cry 5 from the Microsoft store, but when I insert the disc and try to play it it won't launch, instead it will start installing a duplicate of the game and always gets stuck at...
  7. my xbox 360 won't start downloading games, so what to do ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my xbox 360 won't start downloading games, so what to do ?: Hi. So I've been trying to download games on my xbox 360 but it just responds with the error 80150017. the errors differ from each game I try to download, for example: far cry 2 I get that error...
  8. Games and store won't start, still my game pass ultimate and network is active

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games and store won't start, still my game pass ultimate and network is active: My xbox is connected to the internet. Games won't start saying "there is no connection". Store main page opens but if I click on something it says: CV: WqvljTjjJ0oMiJAM/s6sQL.539...
  9. How should I fix only one game that won't even try to start to download if it is digital

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How should I fix only one game that won't even try to start to download if it is digital: Im trying to download the assassins creed ezio collection, but it wont download so i tried another game assassins creed 1 and it worked, both games digital by the way so im not sure what issue is...
  10. Gaming Services Won't Start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming Services Won't Start: I've been trying to open the minecraft launcher, and recently a pop-up appears: GAME SERVICES IS NOT RUNNING Please try to start the service manually in Services Manager. If you cannot start the...