What to do when xbox 360 power brick light turns red?

Discus and support What to do when xbox 360 power brick light turns red? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; What to do when xbox 360 power brick light turns red? 0d7ed1e9-81b8-4306-8974-60a8793eaeb5 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jeffcote36, Mar 9, 2023.

1. Jeffcote36
    Jeffcote36 Guest

:)

Jeffcote36, Mar 9, 2023
  2. xMyBOOTxUrASSx Win User

Console turning itself off.

Mine's been doing the same, but it's because the power brick keeps overheating. When it turns off, check the power brick to see what color the light on it is, if it's red then there's something wrong with it, not your xbox.
  3. D3ATH PRONE Win User

Xbox Turns off 5-10 minutes into game

Hello TheSliceHouse! What model Xbox 360 do you have? If it is the Original Xbox 360 and it overheats the ring of light should flash 2 red lights like this
    [​IMG]

If you are getting one or more flashing red lights on the console, please use the

Flashing Lights Wizard

If it's the New model Xbox 360 S it should flash the center light on the power button red.

From what the issue sounds like, I believe you are having an issue with the power brick overheating. When the power brick is in standby mode (console is powered off) the light on the power brick should be orange. When the console is powered up normally the
    light on the power brick should be Green. If there is a fault in the power brick ( when the xbox just turns off on it's own with no warning) the light on the power brick should turn red.

Make sure the power brick is in an open area where the vents are not obstructed as there is a fan inside to keep it cool.

Play the console until it shuts off than take a look at the light on the power brick. If it's anything other than green or orange there is an issue with the power brick and you should contact Xbox Customer support for a replacement.

Xbox Customer Support

1-800-4MY-XBOX- (1-800-469-9269) If you do not want to wait on hold go
    here
    to use the "Chat with Support" or "Request a call from Support" options.

I hope this helps! Please let us know how it goes!
  4. IKEELU1ST Win User

How do I know that its my Xbox 360 Hard Drive?

Could you do something for me? When you turn on the Xbox 360, and the three red lights are flashing, could you look at the Power-Brick and tell me if it is Green, Red, Orange, or not lit at all? I have one more suggestion.
  5. SkyLos Mio Win User

Xbox updated and now will not turn on

What does it mean when your touch power button has a blinking red light on start up? But never starts... xbox 360 will not power on and i feel i tries everything. All the cords are secure, i pulled out the hardware made sure it was dust free. The power brick
    is solid orange light that goes green when you try to start the console but goes back orange cause the console turns off after 10 blinking red lights and never powers up at all. What should I do????
  6. Jurgen1488 Win User

XBOX 360 MAKES A BEEP AND THE POWER BRICK TURNS RED

And what type of Xbox 360 console do you have that light on your brick? Red light, whether on Xbox or on a brick, is a mistake. And hope it isn't Red Ring of Light (RROD).
Thema:

1. What to do when xbox 360 power brick light turns red? - Similar Threads - 360 power brick

2. Xbox 360 PAL & NTSC hdmi and Power brick

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 PAL & NTSC hdmi and Power brick: Does My xbox 360 pal And hdtv support ntsc and pal if i hooked a hdmi , they say if my xbox is pal there is pal setting but w)hen i connect hdmi the pal setting is gone and i can still play PAL...
  3. How do i open my xbox 360 fat power brick and clean the fan/cooler?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i open my xbox 360 fat power brick and clean the fan/cooler?: So my xbox 360 fat power brick makes weird fan noises, and i wanna se the actuall fan so i opened it, and its covered by metal plate. How do i get rid of it? b9553b28-03c1-4596-bfdd-9ee0d8d907ea
  4. Xbox 360 E Power Brick Adapter

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 E Power Brick Adapter: Hi I bought a Xbox 360 S a few months ago connected it to a fat xbox 360power brick using an adapter "double headed" from Ali express and it works properly. Than I bought last week a Xbox 360 E...
  5. xbox 360 power brick has no light. no clue but opened its cover

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox 360 power brick has no light. no clue but opened its cover: i cant jave my xbox 360 slim turn on because the power brick. thaught it was a fuse issue but i dont think so. i also tried other plugs and it still wont work. so i opened the casing of the power...
  6. 360 power brick

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 power brick: Good morning, I have a Xbox 360 and was wondering why and if the fan continuously running in the power brick is something to worry about? It will run continuously after shutdown if I don't unplug...
  7. Xbox 360 Slim Power Brick Turning Red -Is it the console, the power brick, or the voltage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim Power Brick Turning Red -Is it the console, the power brick, or the voltage?: Hi, I'm pretty new to the community. This is my first post. I have an Xbox 360 Slim and had received it through a friend. I'm not sure how old it is, but it can still power on and play games no...
  8. Xbox 360 S power brick

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 S power brick: lately my power brick has be making very loud with fans struggling to work getting very hot turning off my Xbox playing less than 20 or 30 mins. be using the same brick for over 3 years should I...
  9. Wrong voltage leads to my xbox 360's power brick blowing up.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wrong voltage leads to my xbox 360's power brick blowing up.: So a few years ago my step brother sent me an xbox 360 slim from canada. It says I should only run it at 110 volts max but 13 year old me was too stupid to realize that my country is actually 240...
  10. I have a Xbox 360 S with no power cords or power brick,where can I buy one

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox 360 S with no power cords or power brick,where can I buy one: I have a Xbox 360 S with no power cords or power brick where can I buy them b9da841e-510f-463c-886a-a6b4c0d81fc1