what to do when the xbox one fan stops working...will something melt due to the heat?

Discus and support what to do when the xbox one fan stops working...will something melt due to the heat? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; no fan equals lots of heat. will the console eventually malfunction? (older xbox one) a406c891-3e3d-4036-9a68-8f8c702aa0a6 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Derek Pugh1, May 31, 2023.

1. Derek Pugh1
    Derek Pugh1 Guest

what to do when the xbox one fan stops working...will something melt due to the heat?

no fan equals lots of heat. will the console eventually malfunction? (older xbox one)

:)

Derek Pugh1, May 31, 2023
  2. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey Derek!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, a fellow gamer. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

I would highly recommend you have your Xbox One console checked for repairs as that will cause severe internal damage to your console hardware system due to overheating. If your console is still covered within the warranty period, you can request a free console repair order here at this link:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

However, if the console is no longer covered by warranty, the only best option you have is to have your console repaired at your nearest electronic shop. You've got nothing to worry as I have experienced a similar issue with my Xbox One X disc drive before and had my console repaired at the local electronic shop.

Thank you for your time. I hope you have a great day!
  3. Philip1979 Win User

Cooling stand for Xbox 360 Blue LEDs 3 Fans

They may increase more heat due to the lights/fans etc; personally if you have your Xbox on its flat and nothing blocking the fans it should be fine; you just don't know when something will fail if you did i'd be asking you for this weeks Lottery numbers!
  4. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

My Xbox 360 shut down mid-game and wont turn back on

It is most likely the power brick. It doesn't necessarily have to be a heat problem if it doesn't feel hot. If you hear it churning and whirring to its heart's content then that's a sign of power failure/fan failure. The fan's should never be going "full
    blast" unless something was installing that was off a disc or a really big install on the 360. Its not unusual but is a little uncommon for he fans to poop-out like that. My 360 use to due the same thing and when I bought a new power brick from like GameStop,
    it stopped sounding atrocious and stopped randomly shutting off.

New power bricks are cheap. Xbox doesn't do servicing on the Xbox 360 anymore. So that may be a telltale sign to upgrade to a One if you haven't yet.
  5. TIDY BOY JAMI Win User

L.A Noire Melting Consoles Since 2011

[quote user="Lavindathar"]

But even cheap Solder doesnt melt as low as 70 degrees when the 360 is meant to shut down to protect itself?

I know the old RRoD's were caused by the solder being displaced, but that wasn't due to it melting. It was due to constant constricting/expanding due to heating up cooling down as the 360 got used over time, and finally the
    solder broke off or cracked etc.

And its a good point about who would be liable, seeing as Rockstar have admitted that it's a fault they've caused thats causing any overheating. Put it this way, if my console dies when I try LA Noire tonight, it will be Rockstar
    I'm contacting :p

[/quote]

Good points, you are right that it doesn't actually melt, It cracks from constant heating/cooling. And regarding the console turning itself off to protect itself, I thought only slims do this? Which leaves lots of people at risk.
  6. FabioMorioka Win User

X1 making noises while off

So you are saying that is normal for the console to aways have the fan on!? Even if it´s off, the normal is for the fans to continue working forever...Because the fan is cooling...what? Something that it´s not even heating?!?!Are you serious?!?!
Thema:

1. what to do when the xbox one fan stops working...will something melt due to the heat? - Similar Threads - fan stops working

2. Center of fan

in XBoX on Consoles
    Center of fan: [img] Should I worry about the center circle not being perfect it came like this and I got it 2 months ago the fan fully works I just want someone’s opinion so I don’t overthink it....
  3. Xbox seires s making a loud buzzing noise from both fan and psu

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox seires s making a loud buzzing noise from both fan and psu: hello im yasi, i have my xbox series s since 2022 july and its been so so silent and good for me but lately its been making a very very loud buzzing noise from both the left and right side of the...
  4. Xbox series x fan stops spinning when Xbox series x is put to sleep or shutdown mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x fan stops spinning when Xbox series x is put to sleep or shutdown mode: My Xbox series x when I put it in sleep mode or shutdown mode the fan spins for a while and then stops is this normal 081e39ab-0e46-43e1-b854-f1b5840cf204
  5. When plug in cord of xbox the fan spins for little bit and stops but i am not power on the...

in XBoX on Windows
    When plug in cord of xbox the fan spins for little bit and stops but i am not power on the...: When plug in cord of xbox the fan spins for little bit and stops but i am not power on the console yet 51becea8-6017-41dc-a9ec-1e2976e001a2
  6. Xbox series x fan stopped spinning.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x fan stopped spinning.: I've done everything on here to fix it and the only thing that might work is taking it apart to help clear the dust from the fan. Is there anyway to send the Box back even after warranty. This...
  7. My son xbox mini fridge stop working . It's blinking and fan doesn't work try to turn but...

in XBoX on Windows
    My son xbox mini fridge stop working . It's blinking and fan doesn't work try to turn but...: My son xbox mini fridge stop working . Blink green on top and fan doesn't spin nomore 0115569e-8484-458d-a407-1f2fb89af573
  8. Has anyone else’s series x fan stopped working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has anyone else’s series x fan stopped working?: Have a series x. The fan stopped working, replaced it and out new thermal paste on but the new fan will not spin, my x overheats and sends me to the Home Screen. Don’t see any burn marks on the...
  9. Xbox One X - Fan rotates to maximum and doesnt stop

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X - Fan rotates to maximum and doesnt stop: Hello, At first sorry for my bad english. My Problem is that i buyed a new Xbox One X and after one and a half week the fan from the Xbox rotates to the maximum and doenst stop rotating loud. I...
  10. Xbox One Power Supply Brick Fan Won't Stop

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Power Supply Brick Fan Won't Stop: Hi, my Xbox One Power Supply brick's fan will not stop. It keeps going even though I've powered off my xbox. The only time it stops is when I do the total power off by holding my finger on the...