What to do when the game window opens and closes one second later with no warning or error...

Discus and support What to do when the game window opens and closes one second later with no warning or error... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So the context is. When i try to open Deathloop and Hi-fi Rush on PC both games, when they are launched, instantly close after a second of black... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Raul Braga1, Jan 27, 2023.

1. Raul Braga1
    Raul Braga1 Guest

What to do when the game window opens and closes one second later with no warning or error...

So the context is.
    When i try to open Deathloop and Hi-fi Rush on PC both games, when they are launched, instantly close after a second of black screen.
    I have done all the usual steps of uninstalling and reinstalling
    Try to open as Admin
    Check if it was the problem with VPN
    Update everything
    Etc.
    But for some reason it still doesn't work and the worse part is, it doesn't give me a error code it just closes it self.
    So my question is, is there a way to fix this?

By the way i have played games from xbox on PC before for instance Fallout 4 and the Jedi Fallen order and didn't experience any of these issues.
    Plus for hardware sake i played both of those in ultra settings so i dont believe its a hardware issue.

:)

Raul Braga1, Jan 27, 2023
  2. Raul Braga1 Win User

What to do when the game window opens and closes one second later with no warning or error code?

So the context is.
    When i try to open Deathloop and Hi-fi Rush on PC both games, when they are launched, instantly close after a second of black screen.
    I have done all the usual steps of uninstalling and reinstalling
    Try to open as Admin
    Check if it was the problem with VPN
    Update everything
    Etc.
    But for some reason it still doesn't work and the worse part is, it doesn't give me a error code it just closes it self.
    So my question is, is there a way to fix this?

By the way i have played games from xbox on PC before for instance Fallout 4 and the Jedi Fallen order and didn't experience any of these issues.
    Plus for hardware sake i played both of those in ultra settings so i dont believe its a hardware issue.
    I take it you are using a VPN to access games? If so, then no-one on here would be able to offer advice as using a VPN is against the TOS, namely by circumnavigating regional restrictions

The VPN on this PC is pre-installed but i can disable it and still be able to play other games.
    i just mention it to explain all the tests i went trough to try and make them work
  3. Texemexe Win User

[Windows 10] Problem with Xbox Live in Forza Motorsport 7 (Can't play)

What is the message you are getting when trying to connect?
    There is no message, just a window that opens and closes 3 seconds after (Xbox live window)
  4. ImVictorHoffman Win User

Xbox 360 Slim: Flashing green center light, disc tray opens back up on its own when I try to close it

I just managed to switch my problem from it not wanting to stay closed to not wanting to stay open. I pushed the tray like 1/4th of the way closed then hit the open button. It then opened fully and then closed itself. NOW, when I push the button to open
    it, it closes itself like 2 seconds later. I think that might be quick enough for me to drop in and take out a disc assuming it tries to load the game when it closes.
  5. ADHDBoi Win User

Why Does My Xbox Game Bar Keep Closing?

1. too long ago

2. Windows 11 22H2

3. No Idea

4. I've tried everything, repairing, resetting, everything.

My game bar works, except for when I open up the social widget. When I open the social widget, it kicks me out of the game bar and when I do the shortcut, it opens for a second and then closes right away.
  6. dark_vr1 Win User

Rare Error Code when starting a game

It’s not only when I open a game I can’t even sign in to my Xbox due to this error and after I press close the screen is black and about 10 seconds later the SAME error code pops up so is there anything you can do about that one? Anything that you know about this? I’ve even restarted my Xbox 100 times at least and yet the screen is black until the same error code pops up so I just want to know if there’s anything you know about that or If I should just get a ps5.
Thema:

1. What to do when the game window opens and closes one second later with no warning or error... - Similar Threads - game window opens

2. Windows 10 Update makes controller open menus while gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 10 Update makes controller open menus while gaming: After the most recent update for Windows 10, my xbox controller now will sometimes open the alt+tab menu or will bring up an on screen keyboard. The only way I have found to fix it is to plug and...
  3. Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes upon opening on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes upon opening on Windows 10: I recently tried reinstalling the Xbox app on Windows 10 and I have not been able to get the app to fully launch no matter what I do. I have tried every fix I can find on the internet but nothing...
  4. Game Bar ignores settings for opening with guide button on Windows 11 Insider Preview...

in XboX Insiders
    Game Bar ignores settings for opening with guide button on Windows 11 Insider Preview...: On the most recent canary version of Windows 11, the Game Bar starts appearing when pressing the guide button on an Xinput controller, even when the options for bringing up the Game Bar with a...
  5. My xbox game bar no longer opens with windows+g and I do not recieve invitations. How to fix?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My xbox game bar no longer opens with windows+g and I do not recieve invitations. How to fix?: I wasn't receiving invitations through xbox game bar so looked online to fix....
  6. windows 10, microsoft store game Vegas slots opens but will not load can not connect to the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    windows 10, microsoft store game Vegas slots opens but will not load can not connect to the...: could not connect to club vegas Please check your internet connection d05a6721-7d66-4e7e-a846-d83aea2ce8ba
  7. Does anyone know how to fix the Game Bar that will not open with Windows 11?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know how to fix the Game Bar that will not open with Windows 11?: Game Bar no longer opens when I use the shortcut Windows + G. I have gone into my apps, uninstalled the game bar, and reinstalled it. This did not work either. Upon clicking the shortcut on my...
  8. Since the latest Windows 11 update two days ago my Solitaire games won't open.

in XBoX on Windows
    Since the latest Windows 11 update two days ago my Solitaire games won't open.: Since the latest Windows 11 update two days ago my Solitaire games won't open on either of my PCs. The screen shows the wheel going around non-stop. My account is up to date and shows my correct...
  9. Xbox game bar on windows 11 won't open

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game bar on windows 11 won't open: Hi, I have new laptop, but the xbox game bar is not able to perform. I have tried to repair it, reset it, terminate it, even uninstall and install it again, but the app still won't work. I have...
  10. Xbox error "windows cannot access the specified device Error while trying to open games"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox error "windows cannot access the specified device Error while trying to open games": Hello sir, i can't play games at xbox windows and get notification error : Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the...