What to do when the failsafe "Authenticator APP" is the cause of the problem

Discus and support What to do when the failsafe "Authenticator APP" is the cause of the problem in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, for some weeks now, i have a serious problem that's driving me crazy, in short : i always used the Authenticator App for sign in and... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by joseph Zidani, May 11, 2023.

1. What to do when the failsafe "Authenticator APP" is the cause of the problem

Hello Everyone,

for some weeks now, i have a serious problem that's driving me crazy, in short :

i always used the Authenticator App for sign in and everything, once Microsoft added the Ai chat, i downloaded the Bing app and signed in using the Auth App.

Now it begins, next thing i know, my account disappeared from the Auth app, i tried signin in naturally, the password that the app generated ( i do it every 70 days) The auth app didn't save it. and as u know it's a Generated Strong password.

i tried to reset my password, but because i trusted the Auth app and added it as a 2 Step Verification, i now can't even do that.

i still have my phone number that i used on the account, so even if i enter the sms code that is sent, i still need to enter the Auth app code, But how can i do that if my account isn't logged in on my Auth app ...

thankfully, i'm still logged in on the following: My Xbox one S, the Outlook app on my phone (still receive e-mails), edge app on phone, Bing app on phone.

the 70 day mark is nearning, when it comes, everything will be logged off.

i can't afford to loose this account, as i've been using it for more than 10 years and spent a ton of money on Xbox.

can you please help T-T

And thank you for taking the time.

PS : i'm using a secondary account.

:)

joseph Zidani, May 11, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

I understand. I am afraid that we can only do so much about it because of the two-step verification on your account. It's an extra layer of security on your account and only the owner has the ability to get access to it. Even a Microsoft Support won't be able to bypass it.
  3. joseph Zidani Win User

Hi Rostom

Thanks for replying.

yes, there is, but it asks me for a 25-character code, and sadly i don't have that either :(
  4. Rostom L Win User

Hi Joseph!

Sorry to hear about what happened. Let's see what we can do about that here.

Have you tried to login your main account to https://account.microsoft.com website? After entering the SMS code for password reset and asked for authentication code from the app, isn't there an option to choose "I don't have any of these"?
  5. LoadingTom Win User

Unable to sign in Xbox Android

After a long time discovering, I am glad to say that the problem was solved. It caused by a app - Microsoft Authenticator. When I uninstalled it, I can login to my account in Xbox app and Minecraft. Anyway, thank you for your support.
  6. steeledwand7664 Win User

“Sorry, there’s a problem with the credentials you’re using to sign in.”

One of two things could be causing this.

Like the others have said it could be the password but what they have not said is that for the 360s including the emulators on the Ones the password box is limited to 16 characters so if your password is longer than 16 characters it will see it as a wrong
    password when trying to sign in.

The second thing like the others have said is 2 factor authentication the 360s including the emulators do not play well with 2 factor authentication. You would either need to turn this off or use the app password.
Thema:

1. What to do when the failsafe "Authenticator APP" is the cause of the problem - Similar Threads - failsafe Authenticator APP

2. “Additional Authentication Needed”?

in XboX Insiders
    “Additional Authentication Needed”?: I’ve been trying to connect to my wifi and it says “additional authentication needed.” It tells me I can either “authenticate now,” or “enter alternate MAC address.” I don’t know what a “MAC...
  3. How to connect to your xbox account on xbox 360 with the authenticator

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to connect to your xbox account on xbox 360 with the authenticator: I have been trying a couple of times to connect to my xbox live account on my xbox 360 over the last years and would always have the issue that my password is more than 16 characters long. I would...
  4. XBOX LIVE DD2 NOT WORKING. "UNABLE TO AUTHENTICATE WITH XBOX LIVE."

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX LIVE DD2 NOT WORKING. "UNABLE TO AUTHENTICATE WITH XBOX LIVE.": I am having this problem for almost a week now i tryed all the obvious stuff like different networks, restarting console,redownloading the game and such. did this heppend to anyone else?...
  5. I need help with my other account. I don't have authenticator app access.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help with my other account. I don't have authenticator app access.: I have another account. I can't access cause I do not have authenticator app nor do I have the 25 key accessories. I need someone to contact me immediately so I can get this fixed. I want to be...
  6. Multiple authentication/access issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Multiple authentication/access issues: Long post but wanted to be thorough and provide as much info as I can. Background: I switched my laptop from Linux back to Windows 11 just because I found it easier to use. I reinstalled all my...
  7. Authentication MAC Address not working and can’t connect to network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Authentication MAC Address not working and can’t connect to network: Whenever I connected to my wifi it said more authentication was needed. It said to either enter an alternate MAC address which did not work, to clear the MAC address which did not work, or to wait...
  8. I cant sign into microsoft authenticator mobile app

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cant sign into microsoft authenticator mobile app: im trying to sign in to the mobile authenticator app, but my number 1 problem is: i cant access a authenticator code, because im trying to sign into authenticator. and number 2 problem: the phone...
  9. Can’t log into my account because of Authenticator.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t log into my account because of Authenticator.: Hi. I need to change my password but can’t get a reset because I can’t log into the Authenticator. I can’t get through to anyone on the phone or find anything online to help. Have had this account...
  10. Can you login on Xbox console by sending a notification to the Authenticator app?

in XboX Insiders
    Can you login on Xbox console by sending a notification to the Authenticator app?: Without typing the code on Microsoft.com/link every single time? submitted by /u/Own-Store6135 [link] [comments]