What to do when account of my son was hacked and primary email address was changed?

Discus and support What to do when account of my son was hacked and primary email address was changed? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Few days ago Microsoft account of my son was hacked and primary email address was changed. When he or me try recovery form we get same results.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Marcel Seman, Jan 22, 2023.

1. Marcel Seman
    Marcel Seman Guest

What to do when account of my son was hacked and primary email address was changed?

Few days ago Microsoft account of my son was hacked and primary email address was changed.

When he or me try recovery form we get same results.

"Unfortunately, we were unable to verify your ownership of this account using the information you provided. Microsoft takes the security and privacy of our customers very seriously, and our commitment to protecting your personal information requires that we take the utmost care in ensuring that you are the account owner."

So Microsoft how it is possible to heave such security risk. Change of primary email address is main problem that this happened and now my son lost everithing he has on that account. So if you take security and privacy so seriously and taking utmost care just make me understand this security threat you have on your microsoft accounts?

And plese take o look for email *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***

This is an attacker email address.

Thank you for your utmost care ...

What to do when account of my son was hacked and primary email address was changed? [​IMG]

:)

Marcel Seman, Jan 22, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Marcel, I'm sorry about what happened to your account, however in this case you should contact Xbox Customer Service and request an ATO (Account Takeover), this is because this forum is public viewing and unfortunately as independent consultants we do not have access there is some data and procedures that Xbox Support has.

However, ATO is a similar procedure to the online form, but done by a Microsoft agent, it will need as much information as possible for you to do the procedure.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us

Here in the community we are independent consultants, so we do not have access to the same information and tools that support has.

Each account recovery case is unique, and if you request the ATO, you must wait for a response from Microsoft's investigation department.
  3. Nursemorph Win User

Merge purchases and game saves from an educational email to my personal email

So, purchases and data from an account that will be terminated by my university will be lost?
    Technically, you could add a secondary email to your MS account for sign in purposes...however, no clue what would happen if the primary email was no longer valid

Unfortunately, MS don't allow you to change the primary email due to the risk of fraud, hacking and whatnot...if they allowed it, then a hacked account could then have it's address changed
  4. Oceans41 Win User

Changed email, now missing addons?

What do you mean change alias?

I simply went into my Microsoft Store Account and changed my primary email to a new email address.
  5. BADDEST GRAIN Win User

How do I change my primary email?

HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM WITH CHANGING PRIMARY EMAIL ADDRESS. IT'S MY SONS ACCOUNT WITH MY BILLING INFO, AND MY SON TYPED THE EMAIL WRONG, SO WHEN I TRY TO CHANGE BILLING INFO, IT WANTS TO SEND ME A CODE ON MY SONS MIS TYPED EMAIL. GUESS WHAT? NOT GETTING
    THE CODE, OF COURSE. WHY CAN'T I JUST CHANGE THE EMAIL IN THE ACCOUNT. HOW REDICULIOUS!! i HATE LOGGING ON TO XBOX.COM. EVERY TIME, I MEAN EVERY TIME I DO, I GET HASSLED, LIKE WANTING ME TO TYPE IN A PARENT EMIAL. WELL I TYPED IN THE ONE THE CUSTOMER SERVICE
    TOLD ME WAS ON THE ACCOUNT, AND IT WON'T TAKE IT!! GET IT TOGETHER XBOX. I SHOULD BE ABLE TO CHANGE WHAT I WANT, WHEN I WANT, IT'S MY CC INFO ON THE ACCOUNT, AND THE PARENT!!
  6. WPAK Win User

Merge two accounts?

Hi there,

you can't merge accounts itself or fully move the Xbox Live Account to a different Microsoft Account, but something that could work for you is changing the primary email address for the Microsoft Account.

My assumption what steps might be required are:

- Change the primary email on the New Unused Xbox Account account to something else (you might need a new MS account/email for that) so that the Wanted email address is no longer attached to a Microsoft Account.

- Change the primary email on the Old Xbox account to the new wanted email address, so that that Wanted email address can be used to sign in to the Xbox main account.

See this link for the full information on how to change the primary email address on a Microsoft Account

https://support.xbox.com/my-account/microsoft-account/change-email-sign-in-for-microsoft-account

Let us know the results
Thema:

1. What to do when account of my son was hacked and primary email address was changed? - Similar Threads - account son was

2. Son hacked, how to get back his account

in XBoX on Windows
    Son hacked, how to get back his account: Hello, my son's account has been hacked, I can see in my family sharing panel that his email has been changed from [mod removd] to [mod removed] Also, I can see in the last email he received that...
  3. my sons account has been banned why ?

in XBoX on Windows
    my sons account has been banned why ?: hello i wanted to ask a question on here my son is 10 and made a looking for group post on a game and was tryna play with people around his age and he has been suspended and will be unsuspended 5...
  4. How do I transfer from my Microsoft account to my son's?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I transfer from my Microsoft account to my son's?: I added my son's gift card to my Microsoft account for the Xbox. It is not letting me transfer to his account, can anyone help me on how to do this please? 19670d29-854f-4ef9-8be4-14327a41525b
  5. If I remove my son from the family account so he doesn’t have any restrictions will this...

in XBoX Accessibility
    If I remove my son from the family account so he doesn’t have any restrictions will this...: My son is in our family account but I want to remove him as he keeps getting messages that he needs to ask for my permission to use chrome ??? If I remove him can he still use our Xbox account...
  6. can i move a minecraft account from my microsoft account to my sons ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    can i move a minecraft account from my microsoft account to my sons ?: After getting a new Pc i no longer can log in to my minecraft account. I used my microsoft account with my sons minecraft account. Now i no longer have acces to my old email and cant log in on my...
  7. My son sent a message to someone on xbox with bad language on my account. I've been removed...

in XBoX on Windows
    My son sent a message to someone on xbox with bad language on my account. I've been removed...: Son sent a bad word on xbox to another gamer on my account. I got a two day ban from live which I can accept. But have just recently noticed I've got removed from the ambassador program which I...
  8. My son has a new xbox. When he set it up he created a new account. How do I transfer the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son has a new xbox. When he set it up he created a new account. How do I transfer the...: My son has a new xbox. When he set it up he created a new account. How do I transfer the xbox ultimate game pass subscription to the new xbox. Thanks. 7efe3e50-e73a-4500-92be-37f2fd992f6e
  9. My son has somehow created a new xbox account using the same email address so lost all of...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son has somehow created a new xbox account using the same email address so lost all of...: I don't know what he has done or how he has done it but he had an xbox account. He is now logged in with the same email but different gamer tag snd none of his previous info is linked. So no...
  10. My son is trying to add a mod in minecraft but we are logged into the wrong account and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My son is trying to add a mod in minecraft but we are logged into the wrong account and...: My son is trying to add a mod in minecraft but we are logged into the wrong account and can't figure out how to log into the right account 00b922d1-ba05-42c2-9673-39b0313d0494