What to do if you register your series x with the wrong email account?

Discus and support What to do if you register your series x with the wrong email account? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I registered my series x with the wrong email. I have a hotmail and an outlook and didn't realise till it was too late. How do you unregister from one... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Robert Dinnerville, Dec 5, 2022.

1. What to do if you register your series x with the wrong email account?

I registered my series x with the wrong email. I have a hotmail and an outlook and didn't realise till it was too late. How do you unregister from one email account and reregister to another?

:)

Robert Dinnerville, Dec 5, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

You can simply add the Xbox Series X to the correct email and you can simply register it from there. It will unregister on the wrong email.

Sign in to https://account.microsoft.com/devices then add the Xbox Series X as a device using the serial number, once you click on "info & support" you'll have the option to register.
  3. sM4llziEy Win User

I made a mistake. And I don't know where to put this.

If you want to register your offline account with the email you used with your current account, you will need to first change the email assosiated with the account you accidently registered, just create a random hotmail address and move the account to that
    one.

Then you can register your new account with the email. You can only do this once every thirty days.

You can change emails by going to your Xbox name on the dashboard, then going to account management, then change Windows LIVE ID.
  4. JEDI DNA Win User

There was a problem communicating with xbox live. Please try again later.

You mean removing 360 registered consoles serials from the account? Yes! Both my 360 aren't listed anymore on my account as "registered devices". I think they did it once the 360 hardware support was gone. I still can see my One X and Series X registered.
  5. Yanyannnn Win User

How to fix my series x Accounts

Hello Nathan Ror,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community.

If you have factory reset your Xbox One, it will also reset your Xbox Series X. To fix this, you will need to sign in to your Xbox account on your Series X.

Here are the steps to sign into your Xbox account on your Series X:

1. Turn on your Xbox Series X.

2. On the sign-in screen, select "Add new".

3. Enter your Microsoft account email address and password.

4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the sign-in process.

Once you have signed into your Xbox account, you should be able to access your games and other content that you had on your Xbox One.

Hope I helped! Please do not hesitate to ask if you have further concerns.

YanYannn
    Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. Shiny Koala Win User

Need help with an account

Well on my Xbox 1, the account is there but on the Xbox series x. Do you know how to recover it?

P.S - I know the password and email for the account
Thema:

1. What to do if you register your series x with the wrong email account? - Similar Threads - register series wrong

2. My Series X Controller refuses to connect and doesn't register any console.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series X Controller refuses to connect and doesn't register any console.: Not sure how much more descriptive I can be. And before you say to use the sync buttons, guess what? The one on my Xbox doesn't work, so that won't be a useful piece of advice. Already tried the...
  3. My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.: EDIT: I am so sorry for wasting anyone's time, turns out that the controller thought that the joystick was always being pressed. and i fixed it by quite literally tapping the back of the...
  4. Why are my specific dead zone settings on my elite series 2 not registering in game it’s...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are my specific dead zone settings on my elite series 2 not registering in game it’s...: It’s acting as if it isn’t recognizing my specific settings which is weird because sometimes it does and other times it doesn’t and it just started happening after I synced it to a series x...
  5. Xbox Elite Series 2 will both register a keystroke as well as a button prompt

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 will both register a keystroke as well as a button prompt: As the title says, my Xbox elite series 2 will register both a keystroke and a button prompt when I press a button, not only that, it registers as both a controller and a virtual keyboard from...
  6. Controller or Mouse and Keyboard input not registering Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller or Mouse and Keyboard input not registering Xbox Series X: About two weeks ago roughly it started out as a sort of intermittent problem, Fortnite, and my new love Lego Fortnite would occasionally with seemingly nothing triggering it, all input controlling...
  7. I cannot register my Xbox Series X controller via serial number

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot register my Xbox Series X controller via serial number: I recently bought a Xbox Series X controller. When I tried to register my device on Microsoft Device website it show that "We didn't recognize this serial number" so I doubt that my controller is...
  8. My xbox series s is registering my wireless headset as a second controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series s is registering my wireless headset as a second controller: I have a wireless headset connected to my xbox and when i try to play NHL 24 Be a pro mode and play a game it shows as a second controller and doesnt allow me to continue. I usually turn my...
  9. Left Thumbstick not registering on Xbox Elite Series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Left Thumbstick not registering on Xbox Elite Series 2: Whenever I press the left thumb stick it clicks but it doesn’t register in games or the Xbox app lab I’ve tried everything but nothing works what do I do? 80bd4762-7125-49fa-acfc-fc71a86f9c41
  10. Elite series 2 controller not registering right input when thumb know fitted

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite series 2 controller not registering right input when thumb know fitted: As in the question when a know is fitted to the left joystick there is no right input. Worked perfectly fine the day prior to posting question and just not today. When removed works perfectly...