What to do if the controller sent back after ‘repair’ is more broken than when I sent it.

Discus and support What to do if the controller sent back after ‘repair’ is more broken than when I sent it. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I sent my Xbox Series2 elite core controller in for bad sticks it felt like plastic rubbing against them inside of the sticks. Waited 2 whole weeks to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ShadowFreddy, Feb 7, 2023.

1. ShadowFreddy
    ShadowFreddy Guest

What to do if the controller sent back after ‘repair’ is more broken than when I sent it.

I sent my Xbox Series2 elite core controller in for bad sticks it felt like plastic rubbing against them inside of the sticks. Waited 2 whole weeks to get it back, and what I get, is a dirty, hastily fixed controller that was put together without care if they did it right. Now one of my sticks won’t click pointing in a certain direction, I still feel the plastic feel inside my stick, they also make a strange noise when I just softly move them and the r2 is now rubbing against something! Not only that there’s like grease finger prints on the controller.

There has to be something that can be done, because this is just completely unacceptable. I get a defective controller from factory it can happen and I wasn’t even mad about it, and now it’s even worse than when I sent it off, which I am understandably mad about.

:)

ShadowFreddy, Feb 7, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello ShadowFreddy, As this forum is for public viewing and unfortunately, as independent consultants, we do not have access to some data or your account, we cannot specify the real reason for this to have happened to your control.

To effectively clarify this issue, it is necessary to contact Microsoft support directly via chat, so that they can help you.

Go to: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us/

See the bottom left part of the page and make sure that the page has the correct region that you are in (ex: United States - English for USA)

If not, click on it then select the correct region that you are in.

Check and confirm that you are within the available time of support under Contact times.

Click Contact us

Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.

On the page, see the provided support articles that may help you with your concern. Click See contact options if further assistance is needed.

On the next page, select either Chat online or Request a call option then follow or enter the needed details.
  3. xXdollinXx Win User

Warranty status after repair

i payed £80 for a replacement elite controller which was sent to me with a broken left bumper, so i sent it off for repair all to have to sent back with a broken right thumb stick! now it just says repair complete and says its out of warrenty with no way to sent it for repair again and when i try to contact surport it says unable to call back! so im stuck with a controller with bad stick drift i payed £80 for. they really need to sort out there customer sevice.
  4. fuZZywarlock Win User

Faulty Day 1 Xbox One Controller Service Help

I sent in my day one edition controller to be fixed the outside shell wasnt *** in properly. The "repaired" one I got back was also faulty. The joysticks click when moved. Isn't that something that should be checked before shipping?? Do I have to wait another
    2 months to get a broken controller sent to replace my broken controller??? Frustrated...
  5. Epperfect Day Win User

ME2 characters won't import

That's fine with me. I just thought it was odd that they sent me back a box that, excluding the red ring, was actually more broken than the one I sent in.
  6. PheonixSensei Win User

Xbox One Controller Drifting Up

I sent a controller to be repaired / replaced 2 months ago and they sent me a new one after a month of not hearing a thing until i contacted them more. They sent me a new or suppost to be "new" controller now 2 months later my right joystick is drifting
    up on its own even when the joystick is dead center. I talked to support and they said all i can do is buy a new controller that its past 90 days when its only been 60 if that.

Ive supported xbox for years and years but when you send me a replacement controller that has more problems than the controller i sent in then tell me all i can do is buy a new one im so close to selling my xbox one and just buying a ps4 or building a new
    pc.
Thema:

1. What to do if the controller sent back after ‘repair’ is more broken than when I sent it. - Similar Threads - controller sent ‘repair’

2. I have sent my controller back for a repair/exchange under warranty but had no update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have sent my controller back for a repair/exchange under warranty but had no update?: I sent my controller via UPS with the label I was provided under warranty from microsoft, I have checked the progress of the controller and on UPS it says it was delivered on the 5th, but I have...
  3. Sent ES2 controller in for repairs almost 1.5 years ago, still dealing with it

in XBoX on Windows
    Sent ES2 controller in for repairs almost 1.5 years ago, still dealing with it: I’m posting this here out of desperation. I sent my ES2 controller in for warranty repair in November 2022. Over the course of about a year, I called XCS several times to try and find out about...
  4. I sent my xbox x controller for repair and included the wireless usd connector with it,...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent my xbox x controller for repair and included the wireless usd connector with it,...: My microsoft return order number is 2023912676 and serial number is 02710125334239, while shipping it back to the warehouse for repair I included the wireless connector with it, will I get it back...
  5. What do I do if I sent a controller to get repaired only for it to come back in the same...

in XBoX on Consoles
    What do I do if I sent a controller to get repaired only for it to come back in the same...: I sent my controller to be repaired by Microsoft only for it to not be fixed at all, is there anything I can do bc775a4d-1fb8-452d-8648-901645bd8b63
  6. Sent my Xbox controller back for repair in June . sent my controller back to me with wrong...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sent my Xbox controller back for repair in June . sent my controller back to me with wrong...: Hi I sent my Xbox controller for repair in June . I contacted in July to ask where it was they said they sent it to my postal shop I asked for the invoice number so I could pick it up. However it...
  7. Controller Sent for repair. Returned in same condition

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Sent for repair. Returned in same condition: I recently sent an Xbox Elite 2 controller in for repair. The A and Y buttons both stick when depressed. The controller was received, "inspected", and sent back within the same day. The controller...
  8. Where is my controller I sent in to repaired?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where is my controller I sent in to repaired?: I purchased an Xbox controller, and it was faulty when I opened it. I sent it in to be repaired under warranty. I saw on my MS account page they had received and were working on it... and then a...
  9. I sent my xbox elite controller to repair under warranty 3 months ago and Microsoft lost it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I sent my xbox elite controller to repair under warranty 3 months ago and Microsoft lost it.: I sent my xbox elite controller to repair under warranty 3 months ago and I called support 5 times and so far no one can't find my controller, at this point I want a refund, how I can get it?...
  10. Sent controller back for repairs a month ago and never received it back

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sent controller back for repairs a month ago and never received it back: I’ve contacted support multiple times via email and call. I was told today they would call me back because the “offline team” was in a meeting and they needed information regarding my request....