What to do if my Xbox 360 doesn't run original (backwards compatible) XBOX game?

Discus and support What to do if my Xbox 360 doesn't run original (backwards compatible) XBOX game? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello. I recently bought Call of Duty: Finest Hour (Original XBOX version) disk from Amazon. Since I do not own an original XBOX console, I really... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Daniel Maxwell, Aug 13, 2022.

1. What to do if my Xbox 360 doesn't run original (backwards compatible) XBOX game?

Hello.

I recently bought Call of Duty: Finest Hour (Original XBOX version) disk from Amazon. Since I do not own an original XBOX console, I really badly wanted to try it out on my XBOX 360 S. I have the original hard drive for the 360, a 250GB version. The game should also be branded as backwards compatible. I have the 2.0.17559.0 system version. My account is linked with Xbox Live Gold.

The disk reads in XBOX 360 - it shows me I can press "Play Call of Duty: Finest Hour." Once I press the button, it shows me an error: "The game could not start. Please download the game again. For more help, go to www.xbox.com/support."

What I have already tried - clearing system cache, deleting system update and reinstalling it (the one u do through storage with LB+RB+X 2x).

If I read it correctly from the internet, then it should install the emulation version before starting the game aswell? I did not see that download either.

PLEASE HELP!

:)

Daniel Maxwell, Aug 13, 2022
  2. ArminatorX Win User

original xbox games

What Xbox game are you trying to run on your Xbox 360 exactly? Make sure that the game is included on this

list of original Xbox backwards compatible titles for Xbox 360 here

Do other original Xbox games work on your console? If a game is on the list mentioned above, and it won't start, make sure that you have an original Xbox 360 hard drive in your console.

If you bought a third party Xbox 360 hard drive, be aware that those third party drives often do not include the necessary Xbox emulator to run Xbox games on your Xbox 360.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox 360 backwards compatibility with original Xbox titles

4. Smwutches Win User

The Lord Of The Rings - The Two Towers

5. Smwutches Win User

Compatibility

That game in particular is not backwards compatible, so it wouldn't work. You can view what games are backwards compatible on the 360 here and compatible games with the One here
  6. Smwutches Win User

Crash badicoot: wrath of cortex wont play

If it's the original Xbox version of the game, you do need an official MS 360 hard drive in order to run the game due to the system files on the hard drive needed to run backwards compatible games.
Thema:

What to do if my Xbox 360 doesn't run original (backwards compatible) XBOX game?

1. What to do if my Xbox 360 doesn't run original (backwards compatible) XBOX game? - Similar Threads - 360 doesn't run

2. Xbox 360 doesn't connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 doesn't connect to internet: My xbox 360 will won't connect to the internet but does to my router. This also appears to happen everytime I use an xbox live account where internet features still work on other accounts that...
  3. why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?

in XBoX on Windows
    why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?: why my Xbox 360 is not opening in my tv ? it's coming black and say go error. go to Xbox. com/support and the on/off botton comme red and the console is very hot....
  4. why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?

in XBoX on Windows
    why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?: why my Xbox 360 is not opening in my tv ? it's coming black and say go error. go to Xbox. com/support and the on/off botton comme red and the console is very hot....
  5. The Xbox 360 want give me the option of choosing available wifi troubleshooting doesn't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    The Xbox 360 want give me the option of choosing available wifi troubleshooting doesn't...: Why wang my Xbox 360 move pass the test PC text Xbox live configure etc and give me the option to my available wifi troubleshooting doesn't work I tried everything I know to try help...
  6. [Xbox 360] Updating system dashboard via USB doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    [Xbox 360] Updating system dashboard via USB doesn't work: The first problem we have is our Xbox 360 can't connect to the internet (Error 80151903), but we thought it's okay. While trying to troubleshoot this, we cleared the system updates off the hard...
  7. What xbox 360 game doesn't need xbox live subscription for online multiplayer gaming in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What xbox 360 game doesn't need xbox live subscription for online multiplayer gaming in...: What xbox 360 game doesn't need xbox live for online multiplayer gaming in 2023 december? Thanks for the help! :) e0847f0f-9c6d-45f3-a210-034bd52aa141
  8. Hotspot doesn't work with Xbox 360 anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hotspot doesn't work with Xbox 360 anymore.: I used to be able to use my iPhones hotspot to connect to Xbox live on my Xbox 360. A few months ago it stopped working. It can connect to my hotspot, but not to the Internet afterwards, and I...
  9. Star Wars Republic Commando doesn't run on xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Star Wars Republic Commando doesn't run on xbox 360: Hey.Star Wars Republic Commando doesn't run on xbox 360. The error window without a code and sends it to the support site. cfd80dad-74db-460c-938a-be20fa4134a9
  10. my copy of halo 1 doesn't want to run on my xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    my copy of halo 1 doesn't want to run on my xbox 360: i meet all of the requirements to play original xbox games on my 360 and have been able to play other titles on my xbox 360 except this one. the error code(s) i keep getting is x:5829.0 B: 1884.0...