What to do if my controller is not turning on even though I put fresh batteries in it

Discus and support What to do if my controller is not turning on even though I put fresh batteries in it in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I don't know what to do I put fresh batteries in it I tried plugging it up it still wouldn't work 69aac900-5183-4843-94f6-3650d1ddc315 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Izzariah Jones, Mar 27, 2023.

1. What to do if my controller is not turning on even though I put fresh batteries in it

I don't know what to do I put fresh batteries in it I tried plugging it up it still wouldn't work

:)

Izzariah Jones, Mar 27, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

What to do if my controller is not turning on even though I put fresh batteries in it

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good evening

as a player I can only inform, and The joystick has a 90-day warranty, microsoft does not carry out out-of-date repairs.

If it is within the deadline, request the repair:

it is necessary to register the product on the microsoft website and open a work order.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/devices

if you have any questions, follow this link:

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...
  3. Chris238 Win User

Turtle Beach static / not working

I am having this issue with the same headset

last night it was doing this to me. Vibration was turned off.

My controller was randomly turning off and back on, and I was getting low battery messages even though the batteries are fresh and are being reported in the dash as full. I was getting the static sound through the headset too. (New headset)

It's like the controller is having trouble powering the headset.

I do have a launch controller, and it has no issues with the headset unplugged.
  4. SOLO PURE KUSH Win User

XBOX ONE CONTROLLER

I have a similar problem. It started happening after the headset firmware update. My sound quality is good. My problem is it will randomly say that my controller died or disconnected on the screen but the controller will still be on. I have to take out the
    batteries to turn off the controller. The controller reconnects after I put the batteries back in and turn it back on. I change the batteries thinking that was the problem. But even with fresh new batteries it still does it. I see sharks & nobles posts and
    I hope it can all be fixed with the next firmware update. Hope its sooner then later.
  5. ArminatorX Win User

elite controller turning off

when i push the button to turn my elite controller on and pull it off after it turns on it instantly turns off
    What do you mean you "pull it off after it turns on"?

Do you have the controller connected via USB cable? Are you using a battery from the Play & Charge kit and charged the controller via USB?

Does the controller work if you use fresh, disposable batteries?
  6. RippenHarra Win User

XB1 UI

I love it. @ dudeski what battery life do you speak of? And snap is fantastic for getting to party options and friends quickly via voice.

* edit. You mean controller battery life monitor. Got it. I never paid attention to the one on 360. My controller would just start to disconnect and I knew it was time to plug it in or put the fresh battery in.
Thema:

1. What to do if my controller is not turning on even though I put fresh batteries in it - Similar Threads - controller turning though

2. What do I do when my controller turns on and stays on but the system is is completely...

in XBoX on Consoles
    What do I do when my controller turns on and stays on but the system is is completely...: This is the first time this has happened to me so I searched up a solution online and every thing I saw involved being able to go into the settings app and the power off/restart menu which I...
  3. My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?: Hey guys my controller stopped working outta nowhere the left thumbstick up won't work and the just turns off any suggestions or have you experienced this double issue...
  4. My PDP Controller won't turn on

in XBoX on Windows
    My PDP Controller won't turn on: I got a new PDP controller and when I tried to turn it on it won't work, it won't even light up. Is there a way to solve the problem or do I need to get s new one...
  5. My Xbox turns on but won’t display on tv and my controller won’t connect. The Xbox then...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox turns on but won’t display on tv and my controller won’t connect. The Xbox then...: My Xbox will turn out won’t display on tv and my controller won’t connect. The Xbox then shuts off. Sometimes my controller won’t turn on Xbox when pressed. a7794a97-d071-4bea-8c1b-451884ede433
  6. Controller turns on game then can’t do anything

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller turns on game then can’t do anything: Controller new batteries turns on game then can’t do anything 048d280d-2ccb-44b1-b1c1-143145becd45
  7. My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox: My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox e667e29d-baa6-4e38-b72a-77fe31dd074f
  8. Disney app crashes when controller turns off

in XBoX on Windows
    Disney app crashes when controller turns off: The Disney app on my Xbox Series S crashes when the controller turns off if I am listening to audio through headphones wired to said controller. Example: I am watching Disney plus, listening...
  9. How to sync Xbox One controller without turning on my Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to sync Xbox One controller without turning on my Xbox?: So I have an Xbox One controller and I don't see a way to sync through Bluetooth without first turning on the controller which obviously turns on the console. Is there any way to go straight into...
  10. My brand new xbox controller wont turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    My brand new xbox controller wont turn on: I bought this controller about 2 months ago it just sat on my desk I didn’t drop it or anything then when I finally used it with completely new batteries it wouldn’t turn on so I tried plugging in...