What should I do when my Xbox One decides to randomly disconnect from 5G network all of a...

Discus and support What should I do when my Xbox One decides to randomly disconnect from 5G network all of a... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Two weeks ago from making his post my Xbox One had a steady stream of connectivity through 5G network One night I went to bed I woke up and now over a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ricky Meyers, Dec 5, 2022.

1. Ricky Meyers
    Ricky Meyers Guest

What should I do when my Xbox One decides to randomly disconnect from 5G network all of a...

Two weeks ago from making his post my Xbox One had a steady stream of connectivity through 5G network One night I went to bed I woke up and now over a period of 5 minutes of being connected and in a gaming session it will disconnect me from my session and disconnect from Wi-Fi all together and then without actually activating any buttons or going into the settings it will sometimes reconnect. Now if I use my 2.4 network it seems to connect steadily holds the connection the whole time I'm gaming but the only problem is I have come to the understanding that 5G is much faster and stabler for long gaming sessions for load screens and and downloading. But just out of the blue it now will no longer keep a steady connection to 5G I can still get online with my 2.4 and game just fine I'm starting to think that it is a network issue, an Xbox live issue, a router issue, or a hardware issue, with all of these theories in place. Keep in mind it is an old Gen Xbox so I'm going to have to assume the hardware is starting to fail I would really hope that there's an answer out there that somebody can give me to help me with this.

:)

Ricky Meyers, Dec 5, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

What should I do when my Xbox One decides to randomly disconnect from 5G network all of a sudden

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

We may need to perform troubleshooting steps. Kindly perform an extended powercycle and reset your network hardware by following the steps below:

1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

2. Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds or until it turns off then wait for 2 minutes before turning it on again.

3. After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

4. If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

If that didn't work and you have another network connection that we can try to use such as a router with a 5G network as well so we can test if it will disconnect or not.
  3. Cerebral Paul Win User

How do I connect an Xbox One to an SSID that is not broadcasting it's name? (A hidden network)

Update:

The Xbox One will connect to the 2.4ghz hidden network just fine
    (apparently).

I did not initially try to connect to the hidden 2.4ghz network because the Xbox One connected to the non-hidden 5ghz network; I was only thinking in the mindset that the Xbox One will connect to a 5G network because that's what I wanted.

If anyone else is researching this question,

try to connect to the 2.4G hidden network if you are having difficulty connecting to a
    5G hidden network.

This worked for me.

I do wish that it would just connect to my hidden 5G network. I do not understand why it will not. I do not understand why it will connect to my 5G network fine when I toggle the "broadcast SSID name" function on the 5G network.
    I'm going to test this when I'm more awake. It should be able to connect to either one, hidden or not.
  4. 13150d90-b82f-4ad5-a Win User

How do I connect an Xbox One to an SSID that is not broadcasting it's name? (A hidden network)

Update:

The Xbox One will connect to the 2.4ghz hidden network just fine
    (apparently).

I did not initially try to connect to the hidden 2.4ghz network because the Xbox One connected to the non-hidden 5ghz network; I was only thinking in the mindset that the Xbox One will connect to a 5G network because that's what I wanted.

If anyone else is researching this question,

try to connect to the 2.4G hidden network if you are having difficulty connecting to a
    5G hidden network.

This worked for me.

I do wish that it would just connect to my hidden 5G network. I do not understand why it will not. I do not understand why it will connect to my 5G network fine when I toggle the "broadcast SSID name" function on the 5G network.
  5. TH3OPTIMUSPRIM3 Win User

Error Status Code

It says I cant connect to my home network. And when I do connect I lag or randomly just disconnect from xbox live
  6. XBF Crystal P Win User

Wired drops connection every 30 secs or so

Thema:

1. What should I do when my Xbox One decides to randomly disconnect from 5G network all of a... - Similar Threads - should decides randomly

2. overwatch 2 should be in Xbox cloud

in XboX Insiders
    overwatch 2 should be in Xbox cloud: overwatch 2in xbox cloud could be so usefull submitted by /u/Apprehensive_Low_965 [link] [comments]
  3. My keys continue to be pressed even after I let go, what should I do?

in XBoX on Windows
    My keys continue to be pressed even after I let go, what should I do?: My keys continue to press after I stop pressing them. It's not physical (They aren't literally sticking down). But it continues to press in a game or whilst I'm typing. I've tried different...
  4. My xbox power light is off, Should I worry or not?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox power light is off, Should I worry or not?: I turned on my xbox and just reliazed that the power button is not on even though I didint touch the settings. I cleared the area as I just moved it from one from to another. [img]...
  5. Cant see chats, recieve or send messages. What should I do?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Cant see chats, recieve or send messages. What should I do?: I dont even know how to explain it. One minute it was fine and then the next minute, xbox app and my actual xbox stopped showing me my chats. I can't see them, recieve or send any messages and I'm...
  6. How long should a repair order take to complete?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How long should a repair order take to complete?: I have sent my Xbox controller in to be repaired as the things can't last more than 6 months. It's been at the service centre for 10 days now and typically it has been quicker than this for me....
  7. What type of monitor should I get for the Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What type of monitor should I get for the Xbox Series X?: Hi there, I'm currently using a 24 inch, 1080p, 75hz monitor (Asus VG245H) for gaming on my Xbox Series X but I want to upgrade to be able to game at 120fps. I play FPS games (mainly Halo...
  8. I cant screen record what should i do

in XBoX on Windows
    I cant screen record what should i do: so I pressed windows and g but it wont show me the capture butten 2582cd80-01c9-4e19-949d-d1f9561d29da
  9. Should I be an insider when using the “Report a Problem” app?

in XboX Insiders
    Should I be an insider when using the “Report a Problem” app?: The “Report a Problem” app is available either standalone or a part of the insider bundle. I have found an issue with saving in certain games on Series S, which I have reported as a non insider...
  10. What should I do when my Xbox one won't turn on and when is dose all I see is a grey screen?

in XBoX on Windows
    What should I do when my Xbox one won't turn on and when is dose all I see is a grey screen?: I've read some ways of how to fix it and still cant fix it. If you now how to fix this please email me. 8f4bd6dd-0efd-4ca3-b5dd-297f35203bc5