what should i do my controller isnt working

Discus and support what should i do my controller isnt working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i bought an xbox series s and i was using the controller it came with and everythings was fine until 2 days ago it turned off so i thought i need... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by soz haje, Jan 17, 2023.

1. soz haje
    soz haje Guest

i bought an xbox series s and i was using the controller it came with and everythings was fine until 2 days ago it turned off so i thought i need batterys so i got some new ones and it still didnt work so i pluged the cable into the xbox and it still didnt work it just makes a noice the longer u leave it the noice will change

:)

soz haje, Jan 17, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Thank you so much for letting me know if you have plugged in the controller directly on the console using a USB cable it should turn on.

Do you have a different device where you can plug in the controller? It can be on your Laptop or PC.
  3. soz haje Win User

the power button doesnt turn on
  4. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

I would like to clarify, is the power button not turning on or it keeps flashing?
  5. Matthew Nelson3 Win User

My rb isnt working what do I do

I checked a MS ELite and PS5 controller here https://hardwaretester.com/gamepad and both RB worked as they should, RB does not work on any PC game with either controller.
  6. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

My rb isnt working what do I do

Hey Tyler!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, a fellow gamer. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help. If I may ask, does the RB button error occurs with other Xbox controllers as well or just specifically for one controller?

For us to isolate the issue, try to connect your controller to a different Xbox console or Windows PC device to see if the error still occurs.

As part of our troubleshooting steps, kindly try to update your Xbox controller firmware using a wired connection, here's how:

If you have one, plug the stereo headset adapter into the bottom of your controller so it can also get updates.

If you're using a stereo headset adapter, plug in a headset (a headset must be plugged in so the adapter will turn on).

Plug the included USB cable into your Xbox’s USB port.

For Xbox Series X, the port is on the front right below the Pair button . For Xbox Series S, the port is on the front left next to the Pair button .

For Xbox One X and Xbox One S, the USB port is on the front under the Power button.

For original Xbox One, the port is on the left side of the console, around the corner from the disc tray.

Plug the other end of the USB cable into the top of the controller.

Xbox Wireless Controller update screen

Connecting an Xbox Wireless Controller to update its firmware

Instructions to install the update should automatically appear. Follow the instructions, and don’t disconnect the USB cable while the update is in progress. The process can take up to 3 minutes.

If instructions to install the update don’t automatically appear, you can start the process manually. To do this, press the Xbox button  to open the guide, choose Profile & system > Settings > Devices & connections > Accessories, and then select the controller you want to update. On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “…” to check the firmware version for your controller. If it says “Update,” select Firmware version, and then follow the steps provided.

Things to keep in mind

The auto-detect feature of this update may not work immediately if you plugged your stereo headset adapter into the controller while downloading a system update, or while the console was turned off. To resolve this, go to the Home screen and unplug the adapter. Then, plug the adapter into the controller.

You only need to update your controller one time to use the stereo headset adapter. However, if you plan to use the stereo headset adapter with other Xbox controllers, you’ll need to follow this process for each controller. Additionally, check for new updates periodically as Xbox frequently ships new controller features and improvements.

Please take your time and let me know if it works.

Reference link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
Thema:

1. what should i do my controller isnt working - Similar Threads - should controller isnt

2. My Xbox elite series 2 controllers expansion Port is not working what should I do

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox elite series 2 controllers expansion Port is not working what should I do: I sent the controller in through the warranty I guess it was not too included in the warranty because when I got it back the expansion port still was not fixed 77df2058-537a-431f-9112-7f60d6c2e9f0
  3. My Xbox Elite controller can't be used when playing games on PC, What should i do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Elite controller can't be used when playing games on PC, What should i do?: Hi! I have a problem with my xbox elite controller series 2. initially I connected my controller via bluetooth on windows 10, then I bought an xbox dongle adapter to reduce latency, but it ended...
  4. Can i leave the elite 2 controller plugged in the console in 24/7 or i should disconnect it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i leave the elite 2 controller plugged in the console in 24/7 or i should disconnect it...: I noticed my xbox will charge the controller even when the console is off, it's on fully shutdown mode, and im scared the battery will explode, i know it's have an overcharge protection but the...
  5. My Xbox 360 will not power my controller what should I do

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 will not power my controller what should I do: My Xbox 360 will not power my controller what should I do 1d66ad3b-84c4-4e95-8c6a-c2a1021f5941
  6. Elite Series 2 controller issue on purchase. Should I return the product?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 controller issue on purchase. Should I return the product?: The Elite Series 2 controller allegedly doesn’t come with paddles. But the box says it includes paddles. Is it just faulty product that needs to be returned? Or false advertising that needs to be...
  7. Elite 2 controller disconnects if you move your hands. What paddled controller should I get?

in XboX Insiders
    Elite 2 controller disconnects if you move your hands. What paddled controller should I get?: Bought an Elite 2 controller today because I gave my Elite to my friend a few years back. I didn’t need it anymore. The Elite 2 controller disconnects immediately in an intense situation where the...
  8. My Xbox One controller keeps disconnecting even with a USB cable. What should I do??

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One controller keeps disconnecting even with a USB cable. What should I do??: I just recently started having this problem where every few seconds my controller keeps disconnecting. This happens to all of my controllers. I tried everything from moving my Bluetooth devices...
  9. At least on PC, Elite Series 2 Controller's paddles should be extra buttons.

in XboX Insiders
    At least on PC, Elite Series 2 Controller's paddles should be extra buttons.: Controllers started as 1 stick and 1 button. Then the Nintendo upped that to a "Stick" and 4 Buttons. Then Nintendo added 4 more buttons (8 total), Sega added 2 on top of that (10 total). Then...
  10. Newish Xbox controller won't work properly when I try to walk forward in games. What should...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Newish Xbox controller won't work properly when I try to walk forward in games. What should...: It's starts and stops when I try to run forward in games. I've tried looking it up but to no avail. Please help? e205370e-eac4-48ce-b0be-98046d8c206b