What programming language is needed for using the Xbox SDK?

Discus and support What programming language is needed for using the Xbox SDK? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi. I have a question related to developing games for the Xbox. I'd like to know what programming language(s) is needed in order to use the SDK. I've... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Dorkus McForkus, Jul 31, 2022.

  1. What programming language is needed for using the Xbox SDK?


    Hi. I have a question related to developing games for the Xbox. I'd like to know what programming language(s) is needed in order to use the SDK.

    I've been wanting to write my game in a Lua engine, but im concerned I might not be able to add Xbox support.

    :)
     
    Dorkus McForkus, Jul 31, 2022
    #1
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

    What programming language is needed for using the Xbox SDK?

    I would not say any language, since the operational system of the console probably would not be 100% compatible with all languages. But I would say it is not only specific to C++ and C#. Maybe VB.NET or JavaScript could work too. While I have not found any official information on Microsoft or Xbox websites, I believe you could use any of the supported languages of the Universal Windows Platform above.
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

    What programming language is needed for using the Xbox SDK?

    Hello, Dorkus. Thanks for reaching out. I'm Lucas, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be glad to help you out.

    The Xbox system software (the Xbox OS) is written in C, C++ and C#. The Universal Windows Platform supports Windows app development using C++, C#, VB.NET, and XAML. So I'm pretty sure most Xbox games are also written on C++ or C#.

    Feel free to ask back any questions, fellow developer.
  4. Dorkus McForkus Win User

    What programming language is needed for using the Xbox SDK?

    Thanks for the reply! Got the answer I was expecting, but you did say "most". So does that mean there are possible work arounds to be able to theoretically use any language?
  5. Internet Expert Win User

    Xbox One Game Creation

  6. MateusFontana Win User

    Forza Failing to install

    Strange, what language are you currently using on the system, normally this program works for all languages.
Thema:

What programming language is needed for using the Xbox SDK?

Loading...
  1. What programming language is needed for using the Xbox SDK? - Similar Threads - programming language needed

  2. Is it too late to enroll in Insider program for Mythic Achievements?

    in XboX Insiders
    Is it too late to enroll in Insider program for Mythic Achievements?: As the title says, I tried enrolling, but the only option I have is Omega and there was no update or changes submitted by /u/ToastBubbles [link] [comments]
  3. Xbox One S not updating to Omega after joining program.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One S not updating to Omega after joining program.: Hi everyone! My Xbox One S has been in the omega program now for a few weeks ever since the disc to digital feature was announced and now that the feature is out to omega users I realized that I...
  4. Why am i only level 2 when ive been in the program for almost 7 years?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why am i only level 2 when ive been in the program for almost 7 years?: Ive been in the program for exactly 6 years and 4 months and i am only level 2, so i dont get the full advantages of the insider perks. submitted by /u/bigfackingooner [link] [comments]
  5. How to join the new Disc to Digital program?

    in XboX Insiders
    How to join the new Disc to Digital program?: Hello, how can I try this new function? I have downloaded the xbox insider app and joined the program? but not sure what to do next. Or has there been anything said about when it will be available...
  6. Re-Enrolled in the program and can’t update

    in XboX Insiders
    Re-Enrolled in the program and can’t update: I’ve had my insider account for 4+ years and got put into Omega, but my Xbox One x won’t update to the insider build, is there anything i can do? submitted by /u/FluffyUse6143 [link] [comments]
  7. First time in the Xbox Insider Program

    in XboX Insiders
    First time in the Xbox Insider Program: it's very new to me as i have just joined today. i hope i can contribute by doing beta tests on games, report any issues and so much more. once i complete certain quests, participate more, be...
  8. Disc to Digital Program Starting Today?

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Program Starting Today?: Isn’t today the day for Insiders? I haven’t found any notice or instructions. submitted by /u/NeoGeoPenguin [link] [comments]
  9. Why dont i have the insider program badge?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why dont i have the insider program badge?: My account is level 2 ive been enrolled in the program for over 6 years and 2 moths tho i just recently levelled it to 2 submitted by /u/GrimXX123 [link] [comments]
  10. Insider program games I can play with the new tier

    in XboX Insiders
    Insider program games I can play with the new tier: Can I play gta online with the insider program submitted by /u/Ok_Bar6678 [link] [comments]